• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
detrius

Story Monday, August 19, 2019

Recommended Posts

Does this mean we finally find out how Jeremy and Max (remember Max? Adrian's cat?) came to be?

Really, Ashley has already seen three immortals, two griffins, Sirleck, that golem, Dragon Ellen, and five different Elliot transformations--and a funny-looking cat throws her off? (Blond girl at school; Rose Elliot at the mall; Cheerleadra; Uryuom-suit Cheerleadra; not-Cheerleadra to fight Magus-Ellen)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so Tedd definitely didn't bother to spend any effort to hide his female transformation from Ashley.

1 hour ago, detrius said:

(Seriously, though, he might be hypoallergic. I don't remember. And Ashley has probably met the Dunkels' cat during the last date, so no allergy.)

Even if she didn't met her, the anaphylactic shock is not caused by seeing cat ; being in house where cats live should be enough to trigger some trouble.

56 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Does this mean we finally find out how Jeremy and Max (remember Max? Adrian's cat?) came to be?

12 minutes ago, detrius said:

My guess they were created as proof-of-concept by the same organisation that created Grace and her siblings.

Considering Tedd's dad brough him home one day, I would consider it quite likely. If not, then he's proof-of-concent of some OTHER organization Edward sabotaged.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Really, Ashley has already seen three immortals, two griffins, Sirleck, that golem, Dragon Ellen, and five different Elliot transformations--and a funny-looking cat throws her off?

She didn't expected funny-looking cat. In all other cases, people around acknowledged it's something weird ; here, there is weird monster inside house and everyone considers it normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, detrius said:

My guess they were created as proof-of-concept by the same organisation that created Grace and her siblings.

Sounds reasonable--except that cats are not that long-lived, and Adrian Raven has the other cat, Max. The rift between Edward and Adrian probably goes back at least to the divorce, and possibly further. But solving this mystery  could eventually lead to an explanation in canon exactly why that split, and the divorce, happened. Probably not at this party, though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

She didn't expected funny-looking cat. In all other cases, people around acknowledged it's something weird ; here, there is weird monster inside house and everyone considers it normal.

And let's not forget that Jeremy is much bigger and stronger than most house cats.  Big enough to open cat food cans by biting them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mlooney said:

And let's not forget that Jeremy is much bigger and stronger than most house cats.  Big enough to open cat food cans by biting them.

Then why does Jeremy whine when Tedd forgets to feed him? At least Max knows how to catch mice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Then why does Jeremy whine when Tedd forgets to feed him? At least Max knows how to catch mice.

Might be that he can't get to the cans with out thumbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
37 minutes ago, detrius said:

My guess they were created as proof-of-concept by the same organisation that created Grace and her siblings.

Sounds reasonable--except that cats are not that long-lived, and Adrian Raven has the other cat, Max. The rift between Edward and Adrian probably goes back at least to the divorce, and possibly further. But solving this mystery  could eventually lead to an explanation in canon exactly why that split, and the divorce, happened. Probably not at this party, though..

You mean NORMAL house cats are not that long-lived. Who knows what is natural livespan of hybrids like Jeremy?

12 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
14 minutes ago, mlooney said:

And let's not forget that Jeremy is much bigger and stronger than most house cats.  Big enough to open cat food cans by biting them.

Then why does Jeremy whine when Tedd forgets to feed him?

I wouldn't describe it as whine. However to answer the question: apparently he is ABLE to crush the can but it requires serious effort from him and possibly takes him hours.

15 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

At least Max knows how to catch mice.

There may not be enough mice in Edwards magically reinforced house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Ok, so Tedd definitely didn't bother to spend any effort to hide his female transformation from Ashley.

I like Tedd's current appearance--it says "This is me, a perfectly normal appearance for me to have" as opposed to the earlier "This is an artificial form designed to look sexy" seen on Grace's birthday. Tedd has really started just being "herself" ever since realizing her own genderfluidness in "Squirrel Prophet".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ijuin said:
26 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Ok, so Tedd definitely didn't bother to spend any effort to hide his female transformation from Ashley.

I like Tedd's current appearance--it says "This is me, a perfectly normal appearance for me to have" as opposed to the earlier "This is an artificial form designed to look sexy" seen on Grace's birthday. Tedd has really started just being "herself" ever since realizing her own genderfluidness in "Squirrel Prophet".

I don't think the FORM itself is so different. However, I would say that she's flirting a little with Elliot here (or teasing him) ... and, obviously, she has more clothes here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I more meant that the Tedd that we see in today's page is Tedd just being herself as opposed to play-acting. This is more like Tedd is letting her inner self out instead of just putting on a new shape. This is not Tedd playing at being a girl; this is Tedd actually being a girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mlooney said:

The canon reason is she is hot as a woman.

That's what Tedd said at Grace's birthday party. But he also admitted that preferring to cook as a woman was irrational.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom Sewell said:

That's what Tedd said at Grace's birthday party. But he also admitted that preferring to cook as a woman was irrational.

I would hope that being hot and memories of her mother would not be in the same thought process.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point--and if the organization had any plans to breed them, then they might have created some females as well.

I wonder if Arthur also has one of these hedge-cats in his home . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Good point--and if the organization had any plans to breed them, then they might have created some females as well.

I wonder if Arthur also has one of these hedge-cats in his home . . .

First, maybe they didn't planned that - as we said, could be prototype for different creature. Second, them planning that doesn't mean they get to it.

Nevertheless, the idea that Arthur has one home is funny.

It's also possible Wolf and Cranium has one. .... or Noriko.

(Although personally I would say that Noriko was already away at that time ; meanwhile, the relationship between Adrian and Edward was bad, but not SO bad they wouldn't stand each other on mission.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oy!  Why did I not see this from the beginning?

Ashley was prepared to expect and accept significant strangeness from the PEOPLE at the party.

No one said anything about the monster pet.

Ashley, Just be grateful you weren't here for "KITTY"!

No, I am not providing the link.  That would be almost as cruel as TV Tropes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Does this mean we finally find out how Jeremy and Max (remember Max? Adrian's cat?) came to be?

Maybe, maybe not. If Jeremy's origin involved aliens (such as coming from the project that created Grace), or if it involved some other secrets the government is covering up, Mr. Verres might have just told Tedd it was DGB, particularly if Tedd was still fairly young. While Tedd has actually been trusted with a lot of secrets by this point, that trust was extended gradually and in the mean time everyone has gotten used to Jeremy; it's possible it hasn't occurred to Tedd to ask since he started being let in on such secrets.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Sounds reasonable--except that cats are not that long-lived, and Adrian Raven has the other cat, Max. The rift between Edward and Adrian probably goes back at least to the divorce, and possibly further. But solving this mystery  could eventually lead to an explanation in canon exactly why that split, and the divorce, happened. Probably not at this party, though..

The average lifespan for a pet cat is 15 years these days, with some cats actually surviving into their 30s. Even back when Jeremy was introduced in the 2002, it wouldn't have been all that odd for a well-cared for cat to be in their teens; at the time my family had several cats that had been born in the late 80s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
On 8/19/2019 at 6:52 AM, Tom Sewell said:

Does this mean we finally find out how Jeremy and Max (remember Max? Adrian's cat?) came to be?

Maybe, maybe not. If Jeremy's origin involved aliens (such as coming from the project that created Grace), or if it involved some other secrets the government is covering up, Mr. Verres might have just told Tedd it was DGB, particularly if Tedd was still fairly young. While Tedd has actually been trusted with a lot of secrets by this point, that trust was extended gradually and in the mean time everyone has gotten used to Jeremy; it's possible it hasn't occurred to Tedd to ask since he started being let in on such secrets.

Tedd has been getting information based on need to know. If there is no need to know what Jeremy is, he may not get answer even now.

14 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Of course, Garfield is 41, but he's may be even further away from ordinary cat than Jeremy.

2019-06-15.gif

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ashley was prepared to expect and accept significant strangeness from the PEOPLE at the party.

No one said anything about the monster pet.

Exactly. They were PREPARING her for people, but not for monster pets.

It's more weird how calm SUSAN was about Jeremy when she saw him first time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's more weird how calm SUSAN was about Jeremy when she saw him first time.

Justin realized that Susan had no experience with cats.  Thus it is possible Susan did not realize just how unusual Jeremy is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this