• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Friday November 4, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=534

Looks like my question about how Rhoda uses the spell on herself is being answered, she's got her eyes closed as she's about to cast it, but her hands are at her sides, so it looks like she can just will the spell on herself rather than use her hands to target her.

Hmm...can her spell selectively grow parts? Or is she going to turn her pocket into a TARDIS?

1 hour ago, Aura Guardian said:

Wanna bet she turns ALL her clothes a bit too big, or something?

It sounds like she's done what she's about to do before, so it's likely she knows whats she's doing.

I can't really be sure about what Dan said about having foreshadowed what Rhoda's about to do. I can really only think that Rhoda's mark might be a clue (better look at the mark here) and that the spell could have 3 effects, there's the obvious "make stuff smaller" part at the top, "make stuff larger" part at the bottom, but then there's that middle part that I thought indicated transition between the two, but the fact that it's hollow... Might it indicate the abilty to manipulate the size of interior spaces? Like my TARDIS reference, could Rhoda be able to make it so something was "bigger on the inside"?

I would suspect that Bags of Holding could exist in the EGS universe.

1 hour ago, Aura Guardian said:

Simpler might be her trying to enlarge herself clothes and all (now that she "knows" that she can change the size of clothes with a person). Default Rhoda is only a hair away from five feet tall, so she could grow by 25% or so and still not be big enough to attract attention from strangers (making her 6'2" or 6'3" tall--just above Justin's height). Of course, this assumes that she is not recognized by anybody who knows her, and Murphy's Law says that she will be . . .

18 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Simpler might be her trying to enlarge herself clothes and all (now that she "knows" that she can change the size of clothes with a person). Default Rhoda is only a hair away from five feet tall, so she could grow by 25% or so and still not be big enough to attract attention from strangers (making her 6'2" or 6'3" tall--just above Justin's height). Of course, this assumes that she is not recognized by anybody who knows her, and Murphy's Law says that she will be . . .

3 minutes ago, partner555 said:

So Catalina shrinks, and Rhoda grows. Will Pandora be surprised yet again?

The problem with trying that approach again is that it might not work a second time, she didn't think it'd work the first time either and from the sounds of it she had tried before. I'm not sure she'd want to risk doing something that's probably had a 10% success rate so far.

Rhoda seems sure about what she's about to do as she didn't say that she would "try" to do it, she said she "can" make her pockets bigger, but that it isn't exactly how Catalina thinks she'll do it and implied that it's something she hasn't shown Catalina yet.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=534

Looks like my question about how Rhoda uses the spell on herself is being answered, she's got her eyes closed as she's about to cast it, but her hands are at her sides, so it looks like she can just will the spell on herself rather than use her hands to target her.

Technically, she IS directing her hands on herself (thighs, to be exact).

54 minutes ago, ijuin said:
2 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

I'm not sure if it would be simpler but I definitely think this is what she is about to try.

29 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Rhoda seems sure about what she's about to do as she didn't say that she would "try" to do it, she said she "can" make her pockets bigger, but that it isn't exactly how Catalina thinks she'll do it and implied that it's something she hasn't shown Catalina yet.

... true ... maybe she's just so optimistic?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I would suspect that Bags of Holding could exist in the EGS universe.

Probably yes, but I don't think it would be related to Rhoda's spell.

28 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Technically, she IS directing her hands on herself (thighs, to be exact).

Actually, the one palm looks to be facing forward more, safe to assume the other palm is doing the same. Also if she is going to do something to her jacket pocket and needed to use her hands to do it, wouldn't it make more sense to have her point her palm on the jacket?

32 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... true ... maybe she's just so optimistic?

32 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Probably yes, but I don't think it would be related to Rhoda's spell.

We'll see on Monday.

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

So Catalina shrinks, and Rhoda grows. Will Pandora be surprised yet again?

Not on her case.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Default Rhoda is only a hair away from five feet tall, so she could grow by 25% or so and still not be big enough to attract attention from strangers (making her 6'2" or 6'3" tall--just above Justin's height). Of course, this assumes that she is not recognized by anybody who knows her, and Murphy's Law says that she will be . . .

Derivative of Murphy is "people are not that tall, so tall Rhoda is a beacon amongst most".

25 minutes ago, Stature said:

Derivative of Murphy is "people are not that tall, so tall Rhoda is a beacon amongst most".

If Rhoda ends up taller than planned, yes. But even if she ends up "just over six feet tall" (which is not tall enough to draw stares just from the tallness if they don't know it's not her natural height), anybody who knows Rhoda might recognize her . . .

2 minutes ago, ijuin said:
29 minutes ago, Stature said:

If Rhoda ends up taller than planned, yes. But even if she ends up "just over six feet tall" (which is not tall enough to draw stares just from the tallness if they don't know it's not her natural height), anybody who knows Rhoda might recognize her . . .

I don't think it'd be "people are not that tall" that draws attention to Rhoda. It'd be the fact that she'd be even sexier taller that does it. :D

But yeah if someone recognizes Rhoda in that state, that'd be how rumours start.

33 minutes ago, demonhunter said:

My theory? Rhoda has awakened without Pandora noticing.

... would explain it quite nicely.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

But yeah if someone recognizes Rhoda in that state, that'd be how rumours start.

What rumours? That she has secret sister? I don't think someone would get the idea she can change height, not even in Moperville.

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I don't think it'd be "people are not that tall" that draws attention to Rhoda. It'd be the fact that she'd be even sexier taller that does it. :D

While true, this is city where people like Nanase and Ellen lives. She will likely get less attention than Mall Girl Elliot (which might still be enough for some middle-jinxs, true).

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
1 hour ago, demonhunter said:

I was going to suggest that, but I can't think of any reason Pandora wouldn't notice that, I know she said she hasn't paid much attention to Rhoda, but she at least knew that Rhoda had become aware of her mark and spell, and told Catalina about it. I would think just looking at Rhoda would have told her whether she had awakened or not.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

While true, this is city where people like Nanase and Ellen lives. She will likely get less attention than Mall Girl Elliot (which might still be enough for some middle-jinxs, true).

We can't assume that all of Moperville has a fetish for short busty girls. Amanda must turn lots of heads as well and she's tall and even bustier, well, when not shrunk that is.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
1 hour ago, demonhunter said:

I was going to suggest that, but I can't think of any reason Pandora wouldn't notice that, I know she said she hasn't paid much attention to Rhoda, but she at least knew that Rhoda had become aware of her mark and spell, and told Catalina about it. I would think just looking at Rhoda would have told her whether she had awakened or not.

Unless she awakened WHILE casting the spell. Like, it wasn't just determination filling her ...

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Amanda must turn lots of heads as well and she's tall and even bustier, well, when not shrunk that is.

Amanda doesn't live in Moperville, if she's living in the main continuity at all (I know, she was mentioned once).

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

We can't assume that all of Moperville has a fetish for short busty girls.

My point was that she will be sexy (and likely get some attention and some head-turning) but it wouldn't be anything which would make people talking about that super-sexy person they met today. Mall Girl Elliot MIGHT've made someone talk about her even if he didn't changed to Cheerleadra ...

29 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Unless she awakened WHILE casting the spell. Like, it wasn't just determination filling her ...

I think she would have looked to see why it worked when she thought it shouldn't have, although I do expect to hear what Pandora has to say about it soon.

31 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Amanda doesn't live in Moperville, if she's living in the main continuity at all (I know, she was mentioned once).

Does the fact that her and Lisa made an appearance as sqeeing students count? Also it would seem pretty odd for out of towners to handle Q&A stuff.

35 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

My point was that she will be sexy (and likely get some attention and some head-turning) but it wouldn't be anything which would make people talking about that super-sexy person they met today. Mall Girl Elliot MIGHT've made someone talk about her even if he didn't changed to Cheerleadra ...

It's all subjective.

26 minutes ago, ijuin said:

No, but I do. :D

Fine, I got dibs on Susan. :P

20 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think she would have looked to see why it worked when she thought it shouldn't have, although I do expect to hear what Pandora has to say about it soon.

She would looked just after we last saw her, yes.

20 hours ago, Scotty said:

Does the fact that her and Lisa made an appearance as sqeeing students count? Also it would seem pretty odd for out of towners to handle Q&A stuff.

Did you read the commentary of that?

Okay, okay: Lisa and Amanda are high school students here for no reason other than their screaming during [[2005-05-23|the intro to the party arc]]. How is this logically explained? Well, I would say a time gap between EGS and Germahn Labs, but a comic in Painted Black [[2003-12-31|suggests that Amanda]] was working for Dr. Germahn a few years earlier, so it really doesn't make sense. Note, however, that the bottom corners of that panel rounded, so it can be dismissed as an example by fantasy.

Either it's fantasy, or it's not really Lisa and Amanda, they just look similar.

Or ... maybe that happened in the past. Wait, they have same school uniforms as current cast ...

19 hours ago, Joker said:
22 hours ago, demonhunter said:

She does use the past tense here when talking about her own mark.

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=521

True. I remember noticing this back then, but I forgot since ... but that wouldn't explain why Pandora didn't noticed.

38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Did you read the commentary of that?

Okay, okay: Lisa and Amanda are high school students here for no reason other than their screaming during [[2005-05-23|the intro to the party arc]]. How is this logically explained? Well, I would say a time gap between EGS and Germahn Labs, but a comic in Painted Black [[2003-12-31|suggests that Amanda]] was working for Dr. Germahn a few years earlier, so it really doesn't make sense. Note, however, that the bottom corners of that panel rounded, so it can be dismissed as an example by fantasy.

Either it's fantasy, or it's not really Lisa and Amanda, they just look similar.

Or ... maybe that happened in the past. Wait, they have same school uniforms as current cast ...

I wasn't really being serious about that bit, though I was serious about the out of towners doing the Q&As being odd part.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I wasn't really being serious about that bit, though I was serious about the out of towners doing the Q&As being odd part.

Remember that the Q&A are out of continuity. Being out of town is detail compared to that.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Remember that the Q&A are out of continuity. Being out of town is detail compared to that.

Being out of continuity doesn't mean they never lived in Moperville, Lisa could have got her law degree from Moperville College.

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:
15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Being out of continuity doesn't mean they never lived in Moperville, Lisa could have got her law degree from Moperville College.

Occam's razor says them living somewhere else is more probable.

It would actually make sense if they would comment the events "from future", as in "the events in comics would few years later became target of investigation and/or preparing documentary movie and they are involved in that". It would then make sense they moved to Moperville for that. But it was directly said it's happening out of continuity and they are communicating with current versions of characters, so, no: the Amanda and Lisa who are doing the Q&A are not in Moperville because they are not in the same universe and/or plane of reality.

If not for Amanda being referred related to the radio-in-clocks, we could say she doesn't live in the same universe AT ALL. WITH that reference, if we take it as canon, she (her canon in-continuity version) can be anywhere. Possibly in Europe :)