• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Monday August 19, 2019

Just compare the amount of "squish" on each side; if it's anything close to even then the extra damage resistance is magic-only, not normal physical strength.  Other contact is not absolutely necessary for Science! (Although possibly for other reasons).

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This reminds me a lot of how Ellen would tease Elliot early on.

Nothing significant will happen.  This is all about making Tedd uncomfortable and watching the reaction.

Yeah, but this might be an indication that Elliot's at least willing to go farther, I mean, she's still pressing against Tedd's body after all.

I'm sure if Tedd's resisting, Elliot will back off. But maybe Tedd will admit that she finds Elliot attractive and Elliot admits the same and smooching commences.

Then there's the subject of the commentary, and if this is just some written fantasy, then why does it have to be either Ashley or Grace, maybe they co-wrote it together?

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

https://egscomics.com/egsnp/shs-14

This reminds me a lot of how Ellen would tease Elliot early on.

Nothing significant will happen.  This is all about making Tedd uncomfortable and watching the reaction.

Except Elliot isn't normally like that. Now, if it would be Ellen ... OR Grace ... but neither have such spell.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Then there's the subject of the commentary, and if this is just some written fantasy, then why does it have to be either Ashley or Grace, maybe they co-wrote it together?

I don't think Grace would wrote anything like this. And Tedd would likely not write anything except magic manuals at all. Now, Ashley, yes. Or Sarah.

... wait, maybe this is Sarah's timestop spell and one of them is Sarah. Or both.

... it also might be Grace's dream. Or Tedds.

Anyway, at this point, it would be more of a twist if it turns to be canon.

Just now, hkmaly said:

I don't think Grace would wrote anything like this.

I just remembered that this was a thing in Grace's mind.

The best part about the possibility that this NP is canon, is it's canon that Elliot knows Grace ships her and Tedd. Sure, at the time, Elliot might have been weirded out by the thought of Grace using her clone form to play out a fantasy, but given time, after admitting to having some attraction to Tedd, Elliot might act on those feelings because she knows that Grace would love it.  All that's left is figuring out how Ashley would feel about it, and since Dan's confirmed on patreon that this NP could easily take place after they've graduated high school, it either means Ashley's no longer in the picture for some reason, or Grace has talked about it with Ashley and Ashley's on board with Grace's ship as well.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

She doesn't seem like that much of a troll, but it is possible that this Elliot/Cheerleadra is Grace messing with Tedd.

Grace wouldn't be able to fly like Cheerleadra did.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

All that's left is figuring out how Ashley would feel about it, and since Dan's confirmed on patreon that this NP could easily take place after they've graduated high school, it either means Ashley's no longer in the picture for some reason, or Grace has talked about it with Ashley and Ashley's on board with Grace's ship as well.

... Ashley being ok with it wouldn't surprise me.

Ashley getting out of picture, meanwhile, would.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Good point--Grace can only fly in an "Omega" form that exhibits her Lespuko traits.

See panel 6. She flew fighting with Damien, and I think she hovered with Jerry when they first went in the cave. I think also it comes up a few comics later when she's talking with Adrian. She may not have the flying speed, although Scotty points out, this could be in the future ...

I think the point was that Grace couldn't fly while transformed into a Cheerleadra lookalike--Grace needs to use her own Human/Squirrel/Lespuko form in order to fly.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:
7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Good point--Grace can only fly in an "Omega" form that exhibits her Lespuko traits.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

See panel 6. She flew fighting with Damien, and I think she hovered with Jerry when they first went in the cave. I think also it comes up a few comics later when she's talking with Adrian. She may not have the flying speed, although Scotty points out, this could be in the future ...

It's possible that Grace can hover in other forms, but she only shown being able to FLY in three-tail form and even then it's harder for her than for Cheerleadra.

Sure, this could be future, but I still think Grace won't fly so well in form not optimized for using Uryuom power.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's possible that Grace can hover in other forms, but she only shown being able to FLY in three-tail form and even then it's harder for her than for Cheerleadra.

Sure, this could be future, but I still think Grace won't fly so well in form not optimized for using Uryuom power.

Hmm, Word of Dan says it would be difficult for Grace to awaken, so she would be less likely to be able to extend beyond her existing powers, yeah, she's not flying as Cheerleadra.

12 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Hmm, Word of Dan says it would be difficult for Grace to awaken, so she would be less likely to be able to extend beyond her existing powers, yeah, she's not flying as Cheerleadra.

It may have been difficult to awaken before the Magic "change", but considering she's able to resize clothing now, and that foreshadowing with the pyro Uryuom, it might be easier than they thought? In fact, they way Amanda says "This information probably isn't relevant to anything important" I initially thought she might have been referencing Noah because he's apparently accomplished becoming a magic user, but it might have been foreshadowing Grace being able to resize clothes an possibly other stuff.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
13 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

It may have been difficult to awaken before the Magic "change", but considering she's able to resize clothing now, and that foreshadowing with the pyro Uryuom, it might be easier than they thought?

It's not about "being easier than they thought". It's simply that the "difficult to awaken" part CHANGED.

So yes Grace can awaken now without suppressing her Uryuom power. And might actually start getting spells which will help her with stuff which is hard for her doing with Uryuom power ... like resizing clothes OR flying while looking human ...

Note however that the Uryuom was using wand. Which is also change: before Uryuoms were not able to use wands.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

In fact, they way Amanda says "This information probably isn't relevant to anything important" I initially thought she might have been referencing Noah because he's apparently accomplished becoming a magic user, but it might have been foreshadowing Grace being able to resize clothes an possibly other stuff.

It WAS referencing Noah. It become obsolete before it could referenced Grace.

13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Note however that the Uryuom was using wand. Which is also change: before Uryuoms were not able to use wands.

It's this part that I'm making note of, if Grace can now use wands (and watches for that matter) she may not need to learn how to suppress her Uryuom power.

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That would make it a retcon though wouldn't it? I'm not sure if that would be the case with the Q&A being so close to the arc the reveals Grace being able to resize her clothes. If it was back in Q&A#5 (being directly after New and Old Flames) I'd me more inclined to believe that it might have really been referencing Noah.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:
38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It's this part that I'm making note of, if Grace can now use wands (and watches for that matter) she may not need to learn how to suppress her Uryuom power.

Watches ARE technically wands. And yes. I don't think it was directly confirmed in canon already, but it's what I expect.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:
38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That would make it a retcon though wouldn't it? I'm not sure if that would be the case with the Q&A being so close to the arc the reveals Grace being able to resize her clothes. If it was back in Q&A#5 (being directly after New and Old Flames) I'd me more inclined to believe that it might have really been referencing Noah.

No it wouldn't make it a retcon. It would make it a "damn, I need to explain this before I complicate it even further". It's not retcon if something in the story's universe actually changes.

We never got canon confirmation that Noah is Seyunolu, but he almost certainly is. He's also quite obviously awakened. This Q&A was a way to explain how it's possible without admitting that yes, Noah is Seyunolu.

I would even assume that the question Dan actually GOT was about Noah and he changed it. Although maybe he got both questions.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Watches ARE technically wands.

I'm just saying watches are more readily available, Tedd's just got the one actual wand at the moment.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm just saying watches are more readily available, Tedd's just got the one actual wand at the moment.

He should be able to analyze the wand and determine what sort of stick makes a good wand "blank", and his first lesson was in making a stick into a true wand.

1 hour ago, Haylo said:
6 hours ago, Scotty said:

He should be able to analyze the wand and determine what sort of stick makes a good wand "blank", and his first lesson was in making a stick into a true wand.

There is probably less difference between "empty" stick and "empty" watches than between creating wand without and with help of computer.

Just now, hkmaly said:

There is probably less difference between "empty" stick and "empty" watches than between creating wand without and with help of computer.

If it's wood, it can be identified by the colour (unless it's stained/painted) and grain, I wonder if it's too late to get into a woodworking course for the final semester of school? ;)

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I wonder if it's too late to get into a woodworking course for the final semester of school?

If the shop teacher is younger (under 35 or still has at least 9 fingers) there is a good chance that he knows nothing of wood beyond what is available at the local big-box home improvement store.

"This one uses a dragon's heart spring."

"The watch chooses the wizard, Harry."

35 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If the shop teacher is younger (under 35 or still has at least 9 fingers) there is a good chance that he knows nothing of wood beyond what is available at the local big-box home improvement store.

Stores with woodworking selections of wood are few and far between, indeed. Some big boxish stores may have some cabinet grade plywood with decent veneers and moulding available.

On a smaller scale, a hobby shop may have some selection of hardwoods for doll house builders. Long enough would not be a problem, but you'd probably have to glue up enough bulk for a wand. If you wanted it hollow for the unicorn hair, that might not be a problem.

Basswood is available in bigger hunks for carving, but it doesn't seem like good wand material.

One wonders what materials make for a better magical energy conduit and capacitor. Lore suggests that crystals or gemstones are superior for such a purpose.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Stores with woodworking selections of wood are few and far between, indeed. Some big boxish stores may have some cabinet grade plywood with decent veneers and moulding available.

On a smaller scale, a hobby shop may have some selection of hardwoods for doll house builders. Long enough would not be a problem, but you'd probably have to glue up enough bulk for a wand. If you wanted it hollow for the unicorn hair, that might not be a problem.

Basswood is available in bigger hunks for carving, but it doesn't seem like good wand material.

Yeah, basswood seems a bit light for good wand work. If you plan on leaving the country you’ll steer clear of woods on the CITES (pronounced SY-tease) list like Rosewood. Conductor’s batons tend to be two piece affairs, to provide better balance and offer grip in the hand and stability and flexibility in the shaft; and they probably make a better analog for precision work than a drum stick like wand we usually see. That said, the baton started off more like what a drum major carries in a marching band and can be referred to as a mace ... and now I want to see a battle mace equipped Tedd.