• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Story Friday August 23, 2019

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

"Princess Power" sounds like something from cartoon featuring animals singing in duet with people, lot of flowers and lot of talk about love with just single kiss at end.

"Royal level power" would be more accurate. What Andrea actually SAID was that Nanase has level of power usually associated with royal bloodlines on her half of world. Dame Tara wasn't that specific but still better.

But Ashley wasn't there when Andrea talked about it, just when Tara first mentioned it.

That's true. She still heard whole Tara's explanation and could word it better.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:

BTW, I just remembered that Ashley herself let her hair down as "camouflage" after leaving the mall, so she thought that changing a simple detail like that would make people not recognize her. Mind you I am aware that this method is mostly effective from a distance or in crowds, but maybe she underestimated just how much of a difference in appearance hairstyles can make.

Or maybe she's aware how much can changing hair style help but it doesn't make her immune to the effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

But Ashley wasn't there when Andrea talked about it, just when Tara first mentioned it.

But Ashley was with Nanase while she was using her fairy, and complimented Nanase when Elliot returned with Nanase's latest fairy doll. And it was Ashley that guessed why Nanase was having difficulty summoning a fairy to talk with Elliot as Cheerleadra. Ashley has met Nanase only once, but Dan has put in a lot that would make us think that Ashley should remember Nanase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:
16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

But Ashley wasn't there when Andrea talked about it, just when Tara first mentioned it.

But Ashley was with Nanase while she was using her fairy, and complimented Nanase when Elliot returned with Nanase's latest fairy doll. And it was Ashley that guessed why Nanase was having difficulty summoning a fairy to talk with Elliot as Cheerleadra. Ashley has met Nanase only once, but Dan has put in a lot that would make us think that Ashley should remember Nanase

But Ashley REMEMBERS Nanase! Nanase is that asian magic user with half red half black hair! Now, who's that person in front of her?

1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:
2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That's true. She still heard whole Tara's explanation and could word it better.

Maybe she is just a She-Ra and the Princesses of Power fan. :danshiftyeyes:

... or that, yeah. There wasn't singing animals in that one were they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

But Ashley was with Nanase while she was using her fairy, and complimented Nanase when Elliot returned with Nanase's latest fairy doll. And it was Ashley that guessed why Nanase was having difficulty summoning a fairy to talk with Elliot as Cheerleadra. Ashley has met Nanase only once, but Dan has put in a lot that would make us think that Ashley should remember Nanase

Memory is finicky though, you can remember people doing things that are cool and stuff, but forget their names and/or what they looked like. This is a thing that's happened to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... or that, yeah. There wasn't singing animals in that one were they?

Well, there is a talking winged horse, but I think he is too busy being engaged in horse activism to sing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Well, there is a talking winged horse, but I think he is too busy being engaged in horse activism to sing.

Take it from someone who has spent far too much time in choirs as a strained tenor because they don't need another baritone...

You can't sing if you're horse.

Also, if I remember correctly, She-Ra and The Great Rebellion operated out of the WHISPERING Woods on Etheria.  The Warbling Woods were probably left behind on Eternia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Also, if I remember correctly, She-Ra and The Great Rebellion operated out of the WHISPERING Woods on Etheria.  The Warbling Woods were probably left behind on Eternia.

That is sad. They will never experience the thrill of Skeletor performing the Liebestod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
19 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Well, there is a talking winged horse, but I think he is too busy being engaged in horse activism to sing.

Take it from someone who has spent far too much time in choirs as a strained tenor because they don't need another baritone...

You can't sing if you're horse.

In some universes, you can sing even if you are frog. I'm not biologists, but I suspect that would be even less likely in our universe. Also, in our universe horse would need wings like airplane to fly and it would STILL have the stalling speed similar to airplanes, so ... (horse weights at least 380 kilograms ; largest bird ever to fly weighted 70kg, had wingspan 6 meters and minimal speed 40kmh). Not counting magic, the same is true for EGS universe, as noted by Melissa and confirmed by Adrian Raven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, in our universe horse would need wings like airplane to fly and it would STILL have the stalling speed similar to airplanes, so ...

According to the atrocious Amazons Attack as mandated by Dan DiDiot, a winged horse can easily fly with an airspeed well exceeding that of Air Force One. While carrying an amazon warrior in metal armour. Without breathing mask for either horse or rider. And intercept a single airplane someplace in Wisconsin airspace. Without radar or other location mechanisms or magic. And not as much as a general idea of where in Wisconsin airspace to look. And then cause said Air Force One to crash by killing the pilot. With a spear. Yes, you can charge Air Force One frontally with a spear while riding a winged horse without getting both yourself and your horse turned into so much mince by the collision.

I use the above as an example of how a human brain may be able to suspend disbelief sufficiently to believe that a horse can fly (why not, if you will believe that a man can fly), my own brain at least will start to balk once you pile sufficient amounts of ridiculously absurd codswallop on top of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

In some universes, you can sing even if you are frog.

But if you're a frog in someone else's throat, the acoustics are weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Also, in our universe horse would need wings like airplane to fly and it would STILL have the stalling speed similar to airplanes, so ...

According to the atrocious Amazons Attack as mandated by Dan DiDiot, a winged horse can easily fly with an airspeed well exceeding that of Air Force One. While carrying an amazon warrior in metal armour. Without breathing mask for either horse or rider. And intercept a single airplane someplace in Wisconsin airspace. Without radar or other location mechanisms or magic. And not as much as a general idea of where in Wisconsin airspace to look. And then cause said Air Force One to crash by killing the pilot. With a spear. Yes, you can charge Air Force One frontally with a spear while riding a winged horse without getting both yourself and your horse turned into so much mince by the collision.

I use the above as an example of how a human brain may be able to suspend disbelief sufficiently to believe that a horse can fly (why not, if you will believe that a man can fly), my own brain at least will start to balk once you pile sufficient amounts of ridiculously absurd codswallop on top of it.

While that can't invalidate your point, I would like to note that "Air Force One" is not specific plane but anything the POTUS flies in. So, technically, if POTUS rides on pegasus, the pegasus is Air Force One.

(However, I don't think specific type of aircraft matters here ... and there would be lot of absurdities left even if it somehow WAS exceptionally slow aircraft).

Did the DiDiot forget that Diane is only daughter of god between Amazons?

... or is that part of some contest between DC and Marvel who can create worse comics? That would explain a LOT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

While that can't invalidate your point, I would like to note that "Air Force One" is not specific plane but anything the POTUS flies in. So, technically, if POTUS rides on pegasus, the pegasus is Air Force One.

I am trying to imagine that. It isn't quite happening no matter which president I try. With the barely possible exception of George Washington himself.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

(However, I don't think specific type of aircraft matters here ... and there would be lot of absurdities left even if it somehow WAS exceptionally slow aircraft).

I can't quite remember the type but I think that the model in question was a Boeing 747 variant. I think it has a cruise velocity of some 900 km/h or 570 mph. Even if a muscle powered flier somehow reached a speed like that, I suspect its wings would break off from the air resistance.

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Did the DiDiot forget that Diane is only daughter of god between Amazons?

I don't see why he wouldn't have. He forgot practically all the other lore about her.

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... or is that part of some contest between DC and Marvel who can create worse comics? That would explain a LOT.

It would. Seriously. This one was so egregious that it made me cringe. And on top of everything else, it was a thinly veiled attack on George W. Bush. And so badly executed that it probably made him GAIN voters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I am trying to imagine that. It isn't quite happening no matter which president I try. With the barely possible exception of George Washington himself.

Does the current president stepping onto a plane count as a flying pig though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darth Fluffy said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

In some universes, you can sing even if you are frog.

Where you thinking of this?

No, but it's a good example.

3 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

While that can't invalidate your point, I would like to note that "Air Force One" is not specific plane but anything the POTUS flies in. So, technically, if POTUS rides on pegasus, the pegasus is Air Force One.

I am trying to imagine that. It isn't quite happening no matter which president I try. With the barely possible exception of George Washington himself.

Well, Trump is unlikely to be last POTUS, no matter how much he would like to turn US into monarchy.

5 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

(However, I don't think specific type of aircraft matters here ... and there would be lot of absurdities left even if it somehow WAS exceptionally slow aircraft).

I can't quite remember the type but I think that the model in question was a Boeing 747 variant. I think it has a cruise velocity of some 900 km/h or 570 mph. Even if a muscle powered flier somehow reached a speed like that, I suspect its wings would break off from the air resistance.

Hmmm ... fastest bird can reach speed of 389 km/h ... that's obviously dive, not horizontal flight. Considering the bird is presumably able to STOP such dive, I think he might be able to survive even higher speeds. MIGHT.

However, I suspect that even single flap in such speed would be fatal. Also, would not really increase speed.

9 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Did the DiDiot forget that Diane is only daughter of god between Amazons?

I don't see why he wouldn't have. He forgot practically all the other lore about her.

Wait wait. Maybe he didn't forget. Maybe he didn't knew anything about them in first place.

(Must be hard to find people who know nothing about comics history, but both DC and Marvel seem to be good in it.)

10 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... or is that part of some contest between DC and Marvel who can create worse comics? That would explain a LOT.

It would. Seriously. This one was so egregious that it made me cringe. And on top of everything else, it was a thinly veiled attack on George W. Bush. And so badly executed that it probably made him GAIN voters.

Wait, what is the time frame here? Last election Bush was in was 2004, Amazon attacks volume 1 was June 2007, volume 6 was August 2007 ... sorry, I think it didn't.

(It's fantastic how google allows to nitpick even things I know nothing about ... I mean, I first heard about Amazons attack when you mentioned it, but ...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Old Hack said:
2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Does the current president stepping onto a plane count as a flying pig though?

The Moderator: Let's not have any more political comments, please. Hard as they may be to resist. :(

... I posted it before seeing this, honest ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Wait, what is the time frame here? Last election Bush was in was 2004, Amazon attacks volume 1 was June 2007, volume 6 was August 2007 ... sorry, I think it didn't.

He was still president at the time. Presumably it was meant to generate antipathy against Republican policies and the Iraq war. Attacking a sitting president, even one that cannot be re-elected, is common for both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... I posted it before seeing this, honest ...

The Moderator: It's all right. I should have stressed current politics. Also, this was mostly commenting on political motivation and not an attack on either side. If anything, it was a criticism of political material, which is a further step removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

The Moderator: Let's not have any more political comments, please. Hard as they may be to resist. :(

Sorry about that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, Air Force One is a designation for a US Air Force plane carrying the President,

The Helicopter that frequently shuttles back and forth from the White House is Marine One when carrying the President

GW Bush once took Navy One out to meet a returning Aircraft Carrier

And a private plane carrying the president would be designated Executive One.  Nelson Rockefeller, VP to Gerald Ford, frequently flew in Executive Two.  He preferred his own plane.

So if the President was on a flying horse, and the horse was not the property of the US Military, it would likely be Equestrian One.

And if the horse was military?  Horse Artillery seems to be the most likely way the military could make a horse fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this