• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Monday August 26, 2019

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I think we all forgot that the black and red hair was an enchantment that she reapplied after getting her magic back set her hair back to full red.

I didn't forgot how her hair looks is enchantment. Although I didn't realized THIS is how she really looks now ... I mean, I expected the same as Sarah - that she will magic up a new style every time she feels like it.

So, no amnesia. It was really just about the hair.

BTW, I don't think being constantly enchanted is THAT bad ... however, if the hair keeps growing under the enchantment, she needs to have regular haircut from time to time.

And finally, why would Mrs. Kitsune admit she knows about magic? It's not like she didn't KNEW she has magic back. For start, she was constantly enchanted ... yes I totally assume Mrs. Kitsune recognized that. Also, she got the report about what happened on New Year from agent Cranium.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

BTW, I don't think being constantly enchanted is THAT bad ... however, if the hair keeps growing under the enchantment, she needs to have regular haircut from time to time.

Well there is that "enchantments can become permanent if held too long" aspect, but I think for hair it's not that big of a deal. Sarah's probably been holding her hair at that length for a while as well.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And finally, why would Mrs. Kitsune admit she knows about magic? It's not like she didn't KNEW she has magic back. For start, she was constantly enchanted ... yes I totally assume Mrs. Kitsune recognized that.

Mama Kitsune was insistent that Nanase never knows that she knows, so how's Nanase going to know, you know?

Basically if Nanase wants to know, and we know she suspects it, she needs to come right out with it.

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:
23 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well there is that "enchantments can become permanent if held too long" aspect, but I think for hair it's not that big of a deal. Sarah's probably been holding her hair at that length for a while as well.

That's only true for SPECIFIC kind of enchantment, not any of spells the main cast currently has.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:
24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And finally, why would Mrs. Kitsune admit she knows about magic? It's not like she didn't KNEW she has magic back. For start, she was constantly enchanted ... yes I totally assume Mrs. Kitsune recognized that.

Mama Kitsune was insistent that Nanase never knows that she knows, so how's Nanase going to know, you know?

Basically if Nanase wants to know, and we know she suspects it, she needs to come right out with it.

Yeah. I think she should use Fox and confront Mrs. Kitsune both from front and from back. While floating.

... the confrontation part is important. I think Mrs. Kitsune would be able to pretend she didn't noticed Nanase is floating and on two places at once.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Yeah. I think she should use Fox and confront Mrs. Kitsune both from front and from back. While floating.

... the confrontation part is important. I think Mrs. Kitsune would be able to pretend she didn't noticed Nanase is floating and on two places at once.

Maybe she would just pretend that this was all Fox News. :danshiftyeyes:

1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:
2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe she would just pretend that this was all Fox News. :danshiftyeyes:

... hmmm ... could I get away with pretending I really though it's written Faux News? :)

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That's only true for SPECIFIC kind of enchantment, not any of spells the main cast currently has.

Are you certain? The WoM said "it would take at least thirty days of holding onto a transformation", Nanase's hair spell is considered a transformation. Considering she even mentions not thinking it was a good idea to keep holding onto it, I'd say it's likely Tedd's mentioned the possibility for permanence.

21 minutes ago, Scotty said:
33 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Are you certain? The WoM said "it would take at least thirty days of holding onto a transformation", Nanase's hair spell is considered a transformation.

Right, it's Uryuom magic where it's not issue at all. Still, those thirty days likely reset every time Nanase re-casts the spell.

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Considering she even mentions not thinking it was a good idea to keep holding onto it, I'd say it's likely Tedd's mentioned the possibility for permanence.

... on the other hand, even if it wouldn't be concern, Tedd talking about it might make Nanase decide it would be safer to end with that, just in case.

16 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Methinks from the last panel Nanase suspects her mom knows a lot more about magic than she lets on, and since she's Aunt Noriko's sister, probably has magic herself.

... that's nothing new. There are even links in commentary pointing it out. Also, I'm speaking about it quite often. Also, well, Pandora wasn't completely specific about it, but ...

Darn It...

I was working up a scenario where Nanase was Ashley's mysterious internet girlfriend from some time ago and only now did Ashley just barely recognize her.

I know that having a Secret Internet Girlfriend would be something completely unlikely for Nanase as well as almost impossible for her to have managed based on what we officially know of her past...

BUT IT WAS MY CRAZY IDEA!!!

And Nanase, you will never get your mother to accidentally reveal anything about magic.  One of these days you will need to ask her directly.

I wonder what Nanase's father knows about magic...?

Just now, hkmaly said:

Still, those thirty days likely reset every time Nanase re-casts the spell.

We don't know if she ever needed to recast the spell between January 2nd (when she got her magic back after the Not_Tengu incident) and a few days after Magic's "Not Change". Tedd made it clear to Sarah that she could keep her hair for as long as she wanted to (the 15 hours was a self imposed limit btw) and so I believe that applies to Nanase as well, and if she was trying to keep her mom from getting suspicious of her activities, she'd likely have kept the hair enchantment going the whole time, until she felt the need to test whether her mom would say something about a sudden hair change. Honestly though, I don't see how change blindness can be that strong.

Just now, hkmaly said:

I can only guess that part slipped Tedd's mind, cus I'd say that should be proof enough that Nanase's mom knows things.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I was working up a scenario where Nanase was Ashley's mysterious internet girlfriend from some time ago and only now did Ashley just barely recognize her.

That theory also hinged on the idea that Ashley actually saw her internet girlfriend, Ashley stated that while she did dress up for her once, there was less pressure in deciding what to wear because she was never going to see it anyway.

The fact that Ashley and her internet girlfriend never saw what each other looked like is the kind of detail that strengthens the theory that it's Tedd. I would actually love it if, when they get into talking more about themselves, Ashley will start talking about a scenario that she'd like to try that and Tedd would be like "Wait a minute, that's my fantasy...and I've only told one person...."

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

While the MIG being a member of the main cast pushes the "It's a new person, it's always a new person in EGS" button, this doesn't push it as hard.

Just now, mlooney said:

While the MIG being a member of the main cast pushes the "It's a new person, it's always a new person in EGS" button, this doesn't push it as hard.

I know I've posted the tweet somewhere on the forums, but I'd like to think that Dan saying he knows who Ashley's internet girlfriend is, is a good indication that it is someone we already know and he's been sitting on it until the right moment to reveal it, I'd figure if it was a brand new character, any reveal would be like "Oh....ok...so?"

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And Nanase, you will never get your mother to accidentally reveal anything about magic.  One of these days you will need to ask her directly.

SHE won't. There is still scenario where Mrs. Kitsune would accidentally reveal she knows about Nanase's magic ... direct attack.

"Nanase, take guardian form and get Akiko out of here!"

I wonder what Nanase's father knows about magic...?

That marrying magic user was bad idea.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:
On 8/26/2019 at 6:25 AM, hkmaly said:

Still, those thirty days likely reset every time Nanase re-casts the spell.

We don't know if she ever needed to recast the spell between January 2nd (when she got her magic back after the Not_Tengu incident) and a few days after Magic's "Not Change". Tedd made it clear to Sarah that she could keep her hair for as long as she wanted to (the 15 hours was a self imposed limit btw) and so I believe that applies to Nanase as well, and if she was trying to keep her mom from getting suspicious of her activities, she'd likely have kept the hair enchantment going the whole time, until she felt the need to test whether her mom would say something about a sudden hair change. Honestly though, I don't see how change blindness can be that strong.

We don't know for sure, right. However, she seem to know the hair kept growing even before deciding to stop the spell.

Also, I think Tedd was talking about Sarah keeping the WATCHES as long as she wanted. The 15 hours might not be limit, but I still think that keeping enchantment designed to last half hour going while you sleep is quite hard.

... wait. Except the hair enchantment is designed to last a week. (Of course, there probably isn't an issue with it becoming permanent because THAT ONE is probably based on Uryuom transformations ... )

On 8/26/2019 at 6:25 AM, hkmaly said:

I can only guess that part slipped Tedd's mind, cus I'd say that should be proof enough that Nanase's mom knows things.

Well, it was just little note ... he might remember if asked and/or if they will be talking about it but he's not likely to actively realize it's something he should tell Nanase.

And, in fact, Nanase might still avoid topics like this around Tedd until Tedd mentions that yes he already knows that his mom is legendary monster hunter. I THINK there wasn't time for that yet.

That theory also hinged on the idea that Ashley actually saw her internet girlfriend, Ashley stated that while she did dress up for her once, there was less pressure in deciding what to wear because she was never going to see it anyway.

The fact that Ashley and her internet girlfriend never saw what each other looked like is the kind of detail that strengthens the theory that it's Tedd. I would actually love it if, when they get into talking more about themselves, Ashley will start talking about a scenario that she'd like to try that and Tedd would be like "Wait a minute, that's my fantasy...and I've only told one person...."

I think everything Tedd though about he already told Elliot, Grace or both. However, Tedd might recognize that he heard some fantasy before, and if it's something very specific, he might be like " ... <Ashley's internet handle>?"

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, mlooney said:

I know I've posted the tweet somewhere on the forums, but I'd like to think that Dan saying he knows who Ashley's internet girlfriend is, is a good indication that it is someone we already know and he's been sitting on it until the right moment to reveal it, I'd figure if it was a brand new character, any reveal would be like "Oh....ok...so?"

Seconding that. Also, I think Dan only ever said that he won't use the "it's actually character we already know" WITHOUT HINTS.

BTW, this storyline is EXCELLENT point for revealing that. Sure, there might be some opportunities later, but I don't think Dan wants to sit on it TOO long and this will be best opportunity for long time.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

SHE won't. There is still scenario where Mrs. Kitsune would accidentally reveal she knows about Nanase's magic ... direct attack.

"Nanase, take guardian form and get Akiko out of here!"

Considering we've already had one attempt to get revenge on Noriko by attacking her family. I would not be surprised that someone else who's plans were foiled by Noriko would wind up coming after Noriko's sister.

That marrying magic user was bad idea.

I dunno, if he knows what Nanase's been doing with her magic, he's probably proud of her.

And, in fact, Nanase might still avoid topics like this around Tedd until Tedd mentions that yes he already knows that his mom is legendary monster hunter. I THINK there wasn't time for that yet.

That's the thing, Tedd has told Edward that he's a Seer, which means that he must have told Edward about the fact that he'd been resisting the wand as a baby and I can only guess but Tedd might have even forgiven Edward and Noriko for thinking he had no magic potential. I think the only thing not really known is what made Noriko leave and why Edward and Adrian aren't friends anymore, but Edward would have to know that Tedd now knows something happened and it's only a matter of time before he asks about it.

I think everything Tedd though about he already told Elliot, Grace or both. However, Tedd might recognize that he heard some fantasy before, and if it's something very specific, he might be like " ... <Ashley's internet handle>?"

Ok, it's probably more likely that Tedd's told Grace, because Grace would likely be willing to have fun with it, things need to happen between Tedd and Elliot (NPs can be such a tease!) before I can believe Tedd was comfortable telling Elliot. Otherwise, yeah it'd probably be something very specific that Tedd might not expect many people to fantasize about.

Seconding that. Also, I think Dan only ever said that he won't use the "it's actually character we already know" WITHOUT HINTS.

Also as I've been finding out as I read, Dan's hints can be fairly subtle, and we're constantly guessing what's going on, like with "Smoke" we assumed it was Camdin because Camdin could turn to smoke as well, but we didn't catch how "Smoke" talked in comparison to how Camdin talked.

The hints that Tedd and Ashley were internet girlfriends could be hidden in stuff that either of them have said for all we know, but it just wasn't obvious to us.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

That's the thing, Tedd has told Edward that he's a Seer, which means that he must have told Edward about the fact that he'd been resisting the wand as a baby and I can only guess but Tedd might have even forgiven Edward and Noriko for thinking he had no magic potential. I think the only thing not really known is what made Noriko leave and why Edward and Adrian aren't friends anymore, but Edward would have to know that Tedd now knows something happened and it's only a matter of time before he asks about it.

Long ago in our time, and last spring in Moperville (in Death Sentence), Adrian Raven told Grace that he was the reason Tedd's mother and father would never get back together. The natural conclusion would be that Adrian had an affair with Noriko. But would that mean Adrian is Van's father? Probably not since Adrian thought it was impossible for him to father children until a couple of weeks ago, although that's a surprise Dan may be waiting to spring on us. I don't think Edward has ever said that Immortals can't have children.

Noriko may not have married Van's father, but given how attached Van is to his "mum", she has been raising him, possibly doing a better job than she did with Tedd. Maybe Adrian had something to do with Noriko going to Europe, where she met someone, and, Van. We don't have any idea whether Edward knows about Van, but given how tightlipped Edward is, he could have been keeping Van a secret from Tedd, much as Noriko seems to have kept Tedd a secret from Van.

Possibilities like this are why I like the idea of Noriko and Van unexpectedly showing up at the party. Probably won't happen, but maybe Tedd will talk about them.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

The natural conclusion would be that Adrian had an affair with Noriko. But would that mean Adrian is Van's father? Probably not since Adrian thought it was impossible for him to father children until a couple of weeks ago, although that's a surprise Dan may be waiting to spring on us. I don't think Edward has ever said that Immortals can't have children.

Not only should the whole "I cannot get someone pregnant"bit have come up if Noriko tried to have an affair with Adrian for the purpose of getting the apprentice she desired, but last we saw of Adrian and Noriko, he was trying to get her to focus on her family rather than career and tradition, so either Edward caught then in a moment that he assumed was an affair when it really wasn't, or maybe that talk made Noriko believe that she had failed as Tedd's mother and she decided it was best that she leave.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Not only should the whole "I cannot get someone pregnant"bit have come up if Noriko tried to have an affair with Adrian for the purpose of getting the apprentice she desired, but last we saw of Adrian and Noriko, he was trying to get her to focus on her family rather than career and tradition, so either Edward caught then in a moment that he assumed was an affair when it really wasn't, or maybe that talk made Noriko believe that she had failed as Tedd's mother and she decided it was best that she leave.

If Noriko left shortly after that scene, Tedd would have been too young to remember her. 

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

If Noriko left shortly after that scene, Tedd would have been too young to remember her. 

I know, but there might have taken a few years of Adrian trying to convince Noriko to stop obsessing over Tedd like that, maybe there was a final straw where Noriko snapped back at both Adrian and Edward and Edward blamed Adrian for pushing her too far.

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Long ago in our time, and last spring in Moperville (in Death Sentence), Adrian Raven told Grace that he was the reason Tedd's mother and father would never get back together. The natural conclusion would be that Adrian had an affair with Noriko. But would that mean Adrian is Van's father? Probably not since Adrian thought it was impossible for him to father children until a couple of weeks ago, although that's a surprise Dan may be waiting to spring on us. I don't think Edward has ever said that Immortals can't have children.

Noriko may not have married Van's father, but given how attached Van is to his "mum", she has been raising him, possibly doing a better job than she did with Tedd. Maybe Adrian had something to do with Noriko going to Europe, where she met someone, and, Van. We don't have any idea whether Edward knows about Van, but given how tightlipped Edward is, he could have been keeping Van a secret from Tedd, much as Noriko seems to have kept Tedd a secret from Van.

Possibilities like this are why I like the idea of Noriko and Van unexpectedly showing up at the party. Probably won't happen, but maybe Tedd will talk about them.

An affair between Adrian and Noriko seems out of character for Adrian. I don't see him betraying a friend who is also his student, his sense of honor would not allow him to.

Noriko may not want further attachments; I'm guessing she did not marry Van's father. Van is quite a bit younger than Tedd, and was called by Magic Tedd's half-sibling, so Edward is not Van's father. Unless Noriko and Edward have been keeping in touch, I don't see how Edward would know about Van. Noriko, for her part, appears to want no contact, possibly feeling that a clean break is less hurtful. (I'm not sure that's true, but I can see why she might think so.)

6 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Noriko may not want further attachments; I'm guessing she did not marry Van's father. Van is quite a bit younger than Tedd, and was called by Magic Tedd's half-sibling, so Edward is not Van's father. Unless Noriko and Edward have been keeping in touch, I don't see how Edward would know about Van. Noriko, for her part, appears to want no contact, possibly feeling that a clean break is less hurtful. (I'm not sure that's true, but I can see why she might think so.)

Whatever Noriko wanted, now Van knows about Tedd. That's a plot point that can't be ignored.  Any schemes to keep that secret from Van ha' gan a-gley.