• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Monday August 26, 2019

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

SHE won't. There is still scenario where Mrs. Kitsune would accidentally reveal she knows about Nanase's magic ... direct attack.

"Nanase, take guardian form and get Akiko out of here!"

Considering we've already had one attempt to get revenge on Noriko by attacking her family. I would not be surprised that someone else who's plans were foiled by Noriko would wind up coming after Noriko's sister.

I wonder if the reason we didn't have more attacks like this already is that the people Noriko foils plan of rarely are in condition to attempt to get revenge on anyone. (In other words, how many enemies survived being hunted by Noriko?)

And, in fact, Nanase might still avoid topics like this around Tedd until Tedd mentions that yes he already knows that his mom is legendary monster hunter. I THINK there wasn't time for that yet.

That's the thing, Tedd has told Edward that he's a Seer, which means that he must have told Edward about the fact that he'd been resisting the wand as a baby and I can only guess but Tedd might have even forgiven Edward and Noriko for thinking he had no magic potential. I think the only thing not really known is what made Noriko leave and why Edward and Adrian aren't friends anymore, but Edward would have to know that Tedd now knows something happened and it's only a matter of time before he asks about it.

I really hope we WILL see that conversation. But, note that this still leaves open the question how much NANASE knows.

I think everything Tedd though about he already told Elliot, Grace or both. However, Tedd might recognize that he heard some fantasy before, and if it's something very specific, he might be like " ... <Ashley's internet handle>?"

Ok, it's probably more likely that Tedd's told Grace, because Grace would likely be willing to have fun with it, things need to happen between Tedd and Elliot (NPs can be such a tease!) before I can believe Tedd was comfortable telling Elliot. Otherwise, yeah it'd probably be something very specific that Tedd might not expect many people to fantasize about.

Elliot would obviously not be part of that fantasy, but could still be told ABOUT it.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Noriko may not have married Van's father, but given how attached Van is to his "mum", she has been raising him, possibly doing a better job than she did with Tedd. Maybe Adrian had something to do with Noriko going to Europe, where she met someone, and, Van. We don't have any idea whether Edward knows about Van, but given how tightlipped Edward is, he could have been keeping Van a secret from Tedd, much as Noriko seems to have kept Tedd a secret from Van.

Could be the other way around - Noriko might FIRST meet someone THEN go to Europe with him.

However, I think it's unlikely Van was already born when Noriko left Edward. The timeline is not certain, but ...

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

An affair between Adrian and Noriko seems out of character for Adrian. I don't see him betraying a friend who is also his student, his sense of honor would not allow him to.

Definitely.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Not only should the whole "I cannot get someone pregnant"bit have come up if Noriko tried to have an affair with Adrian for the purpose of getting the apprentice she desired

Also this. Considering how much Noriko wanted the apprentice, why exactly would she be trying to have sex with Adrian?

20 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I wonder if the reason we didn't have more attacks like this already is that the people Noriko foils plan of rarely are in condition to attempt to get revenge on anyone. (In other words, how many enemies survived being hunted by Noriko?)

I dunno if Not_Tengu was unique in that he was able to escape, but it doesn't have to be someone that Noriko hunted specifically either, maybe a family member who believed their relative was unjustly targeted, or an apprentice who believed they could continue their master's work if they could get rid of Noriko and prove themself worthy, or maybe someone who would enjoy tormenting the legendary monster hunter. Anyone indirectly affected by Noriko might have reason to target her family.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I dunno if Not_Tengu was unique in that he was able to escape, but it doesn't have to be someone that Noriko hunted specifically either, maybe a family member who believed their relative was unjustly targeted, or an apprentice who believed they could continue their master's work if they could get rid of Noriko and prove themself worthy, or maybe someone who would enjoy tormenting the legendary monster hunter. Anyone indirectly affected by Noriko might have reason to target her family.

Good point. There is long history of family members taking revenge ... and the part about "unjustly target" doesn't even need to appear. There are stories of someone taking revenge for family member they not only knew deserved it, but they didn't even like personally ... but, like, it's family.

Apprentice would likely be very optimistic if they would know they can revenge their master but there are plenty of those too.

Or ... it can be preventive. Someone may decide to attack Noriko's family and take them hostage before doing something likely to attract Noriko's attention.

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

There are stories of someone taking revenge for family member they not only knew deserved it, but they didn't even like personally ... but, like, it's family.

Devil Anse Hatfield was known for not being very tolerant towards anyone who messed with his family, I am given to understand. :danshiftyeyes:

9 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
20 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

There are stories of someone taking revenge for family member they not only knew deserved it, but they didn't even like personally ... but, like, it's family.

Devil Anse Hatfield was known for not being very tolerant towards anyone who messed with his family, I am given to understand. :danshiftyeyes:

Yeah, although I was thinking more of someone from Sicily.

They may not even know magic. Imagine Noriko taking out some magic user from such family and calling it a day, and then others, without any magic, decide to take revenge on her relatives ... and would be very surprised what they got into.

40 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, although I was thinking more of someone from Sicily.

Oh good Lord yes. You do NOT want to mess with them down there, they take family business seriously :icon_eek:

41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

They may not even know magic. Imagine Noriko taking out some magic user from such family and calling it a day, and then others, without any magic, decide to take revenge on her relatives ... and would be very surprised what they got into.

Not that that would stop them from trying. :doom:

34 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Not that that would stop them from trying. :doom:

Sure.

However, someone WILL. I doubt that Dan would draw a story like that (but he may imply it happened in background), but if they would keep bothering Tedd's friends, Arthur has basically two options: first, use some official channels to make sure this family is stopped with relatively mundane means, second, deal with the fallout of Tedd, Nanase, Noriko or all of them dealing with them using magic.

(Inserting another possibility into the list of "how Lord Tedd could've got his title" ...)

... wait. Could be even worse. Dealing with the fallout of Pandora dealing with them using magic after the rules for immortals will change. He MIGHT manage to explain to Tedd or even Noriko how is that bad idea. He has no way to explain that to Pandora. She may no longer be crazy powerful, but she would still be hard to contain.

17 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Noriko, for her part, appears to want no contact, possibly feeling that a clean break is less hurtful. (I'm not sure that's true, but I can see why she might think so.)

We don't actually know that. We already know Edward had been keeping Noriko's moster hunting a secret from Tedd; what else might he be hiding from Tedd? It's possible that the divorce settlement allowed him to deny her the ability to visit Tedd, and he's not only been doing that but lying to Tedd about why Noriko hasn't been visiting. Mind you I do find this possibility unlikely, but not so much so that it stops me from worrying about it.

14 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
On 8/27/2019 at 11:58 PM, Darth Fluffy said:

Noriko, for her part, appears to want no contact, possibly feeling that a clean break is less hurtful. (I'm not sure that's true, but I can see why she might think so.)

We don't actually know that. We already know Edward had been keeping Noriko's moster hunting a secret from Tedd; what else might he be hiding from Tedd? It's possible that the divorce settlement allowed him to deny her the ability to visit Tedd, and he's not only been doing that but lying to Tedd about why Noriko hasn't been visiting. Mind you I do find this possibility unlikely, but not so much so that it stops me from worrying about it.

It's also possible she totally agreed with complete separation originally, later regretted that but is too proud to admit the mistake and do anything with it.

Also, I wonder if she's sending gifts to Tedd every Christmas, it's always something magical and Edward is storing them somewhere to keep them secret.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's also possible she totally agreed with complete separation originally, later regretted that but is too proud to admit the mistake and do anything with it.

if she's anything like her sister id find this one to be the more believable option.