• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
hkmaly

NP Monday, Aug 26, 2019

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/shs-17

So, this being in the "almost certainly canon" category, cheerleadra skin DOES feel normal AND cheerleadra is vulnerable to tickling.

Also, does Dan really thinks there is no shipping potential with Ellen and Elliot? Sure, both would try to resist, but some shippers ...

... I still think they should've asked Ashley. But other than that, yes, Ellen would be safest option.

Years ago, in the waiting room of my childhood dentist, there was a painting of an old-timey dentist tickling a small child to make the kid relax and let the dentist do his job.

I can not recall ever seeing another scientific professional use tickling as an investigative tool.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/shs-17

So, this being in the "almost certainly canon" category, cheerleadra skin DOES feel normal AND cheerleadra is vulnerable to tickling.

Also, does Dan really thinks there is no shipping potential with Ellen and Elliot? Sure, both would try to resist, but some shippers ...

... I still think they should've asked Ashley. But other than that, yes, Ellen would be safest option.

Dan's got a poll going on whether to make non-canon shipping scenarios in canon-like settings and specifically uses the current NP as an example like "should I just go all out and have Tedd and Elliot get smooching again but render the story absolutely non-canon, or keep things as they are now so I could potentially be able to fit it in canon later?"

https://twitter.com/elgoonishshive/status/1166356220426498049

And yes, having Ellen be the one to confirm Cheerleadra's skin feels normal isn't going to stop some shippers, I'm surprised Dan didn't follow up the "we should find our girlfriends" comment with Elliot telling Tedd that he mentioned Tedd's question to Ashley and Ashley stating that she could think of a few ideas on how to find out, then we cut to a shot of the mall dressing room doors.

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm surprised Dan didn't follow up the "we should find our girlfriends" comment with Elliot telling Tedd that he mentioned Tedd's question to Ashley and Ashley stating that she could think of a few ideas on how to find out, then we cut to a shot of the mall dressing room doors.

If there's any chance in Dan's mind Elliot and Ashley might not be together this summer, not specifying who Elliot's girlfriend is increases the chances the story could be canon (though it would require Elliot getting together with someone else before this story).

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
7 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm surprised Dan didn't follow up the "we should find our girlfriends" comment with Elliot telling Tedd that he mentioned Tedd's question to Ashley and Ashley stating that she could think of a few ideas on how to find out, then we cut to a shot of the mall dressing room doors.

If there's any chance in Dan's mind Elliot and Ashley might not be together this summer, not specifying who Elliot's girlfriend is increases the chances the story could be canon (though it would require Elliot getting together with someone else before this story).

Yeah, I'm worried it could mean Ashley will not be Elliot's girlfriend at that point too.

24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, I'm worried it could mean Ashley will not be Elliot's girlfriend at that point too.

I'm pretty certain Dan said the next timeskip after he finishes with the post Sister 3 stuff will jump us ahead to around the time they finish school, which would probably be close enough to when the NP is implied to take place. I dunno if Dan would do the whole "Elliot and <girlfriend> break up and Elliot immediately hooks up with someone else" scenario for a third time, the first being Nanase breaking up with Elliot and Elliot immediately hooking up with Sarah, though that happened within days of the breakup whereas Elliot asked Ashley out a couple weeks after breaking up with Sarah.

the previous two breakups though had major hangups on one side that were derailing things (Nanase being in denial of or not fully understanding her orientation, meaning she didn't connect with elliot the way she wanted, elliot being too close to sarah leading to him seeing her as family and fumbling at being anything else) i'm having a hard time finding any hints of a similar issue with ashley, considering we know what to look for this time...

2 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

the previous two breakups though had major hangups on one side that were derailing things (Nanase being in denial of or not fully understanding her orientation, meaning she didn't connect with elliot the way she wanted, elliot being too close to sarah leading to him seeing her as family and fumbling at being anything else) i'm having a hard time finding any hints of a similar issue with ashley, considering we know what to look for this time...

Hmmm, I wanna say that maybe Tedd and Elliot swap girlfriends, like if Ellen's suggestion that Ashley might become attracted to Tedd turns out to be true, but for the life of me I can't see Grace losing interest in Tedd and becoming attracted to Elliot.

47 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Hmmm, I wanna say that maybe Tedd and Elliot swap girlfriends, like if Ellen's suggestion that Ashley might become attracted to Tedd turns out to be true, but for the life of me I can't see Grace losing interest in Tedd and becoming attracted to Elliot.

Maybe Tedd and Elliot could become girlfriends and Grace could hook up with Ashley and Sarah? :danshiftyeyes:

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm pretty certain Dan said the next timeskip after he finishes with the post Sister 3 stuff will jump us ahead to around the time they finish school, which would probably be close enough to when the NP is implied to take place. I dunno if Dan would do the whole "Elliot and <girlfriend> break up and Elliot immediately hooks up with someone else" scenario for a third time, the first being Nanase breaking up with Elliot and Elliot immediately hooking up with Sarah, though that happened within days of the breakup whereas Elliot asked Ashley out a couple weeks after breaking up with Sarah.

It is technically possible Elliot breaks up with Ashley BEFORE the timeskip and will only find new girlfriend AFTER the timeskip ...

4 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

... however, yes, seriously, there are no hints of any problem between Elliot and Ashley this time. Like, sure, Liz pointed out one possible problem, but she doesn't know Ashley is now wizard and just stopping being Elliot girlfriend is unlikely to save her.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:
2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Maybe Tedd and Elliot could become girlfriends and Grace could hook up with Ashley and Sarah? :danshiftyeyes:

You mean that Tedd and Ashley will swap girlfriends? :)

Seriously, the poly relationships makes more sense.

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

They do! I just didn't understand this whole partner swapping nonsense to begin with, so I figured that if we had to speculate, we might as well go all out. :icon_eek:

16 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
29 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

They do! I just didn't understand this whole partner swapping nonsense to begin with, so I figured that if we had to speculate, we might as well go all out. :icon_eek:

Still, someone managed to make up something even more crazy.

11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Ah, but that would have to happen after this NP story (Tedd and Elliot clearly aren't dating yet in this story). We were talking about what might happen between the current Story comics and this NP story.