• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

NP Friday August 30, 2019

It's all about freedom of choice ... AFTER you finish the sacred cave.

Also, yes ... village burned out is pretty popular opening ... especially since some of the options like watching your father being murdered and your mother ... also murdered afterwards become unusable to show to general population. Fire makes the point and can be kept PG-13.

And then there's the wise mentor who only has your best interest at heart ... assuming becoming hero is your best interest. Well, if you are video game character, then it probably is: how else are you gonna tap into the ultimate powers of "save game"/"load game"?

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Oh joy another video game parody about a game I not only haven't played, but I know nothing about. 

The Fable franchise is notable for being an early adopter of letting you choose to be good or evil.

This reminds me of one of the most annoying parts of classic tabletop RPGs.

Convincing the players to actually play the game.

There was usually at least one guy who would make a character, then argue about why his character should not be required to go on this adventure, or wanted a different adventure.

Most of this was simply making fun of the GM's lack of story telling skills.

The players attempting to usurp the GM is another matter...

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This reminds me of one of the most annoying parts of classic tabletop RPGs.

Convincing the players to actually play the game.

There was usually at least one guy who would make a character, then argue about why his character should not be required to go on this adventure, or wanted a different adventure.

Most of this was simply making fun of the GM's lack of story telling skills.

Ideally, the group of players should have similar or at least compatible styles for the campaign to work. Unfortunately, in lot of cases GM can't really throw out player who don't want to play because he don't have any spare. Also, usually GM really DOES lack story telling skills and is generally inexperienced ... because he can only get the experience by playing the game.

(Of course, there is also the option of starting the game in jail. I mean, railroading is generally not recommended, but nevertheless often necessary.)

20 hours ago, mlooney said:

Oh joy another video game parody about a game I not only haven't played, but I know nothing about. 

The only thing I know about the Fable games is the stuff Dan said about them the last time he parodied them.

I'm actually surprised he only did the one strip on the game before. It made such a big (and unpleasant) impression on me, I thought for sure it was a story, or at least a few strips. (Maybe I just dwelt on it for a few days because the forum threads were huge back then...)

At any rate, I'm not looking forward to this one either.

16 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
21 hours ago, mlooney said:

The only thing I know about the Fable games is the stuff Dan said about them the last time he parodied them.

I'm actually surprised he only did the one strip on the game before. It made such a big (and unpleasant) impression on me, I thought for sure it was a story, or at least a few strips. (Maybe I just dwelt on it for a few days because the forum threads were huge back then...)

Oh, that was same game! ... I remembered that strip well, but forgot what game it was.

I see we will get better look at rage Susan.