• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Maplestrip

EGS Community Survey 2019

In order to get a better grasp on the demographics, reading style, tastes, and interests of the El Goonish Shive community, we have created create a fan community survey on Google forms. Here, we ask all bunnies questions about culture of origin, identity, favorite characters and arcs, interests in works similar to El Goonish Shive, and how the webcomic and its community affected your life. This is the first such survey to have come out, so we're still working out some kinks.

None of the questions are required, so feel free to skip when unsure! Also, the questionnaire is anonymous.

You can take the survey here

The survey went live around 14 hours before I posted this thread, and I have linked it on Discord and Reddit (as well as Twitter and Tumblr). Thus far, we have over 300 responses. My personal favorite question thus far is the "favorite page" one, and I am very much looking forward to being able to share the results of this and all the other questions with you all!

Thank you very very much for filling it out, and thank you all so so much for being such an excellent community.

Who am I? I am merely a moderator on the El Goonish Shive Discord server. You can find more about me on my personal website, as well as on my main YouTube channel. I have worked together with some other senior members of the El Goonish Shive Discord server in setting up this survey. Right now, I am the only person who can view the results, and I will work to further anonymize the results before publishing them publicly. 

43 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I already filled it out. One or two things I refused to answer, but I answered the rest gladly and freely.

That's completely good. I made all the questions optional for exactly that sort of reason :P

Thank you very much for filling it out!

On 8/31/2019 at 5:20 AM, Maplestrip said:

I am very much looking forward to being able to share the results of this and all the other questions with you all!

How long will this survey remain open?

When and were will we see the results?

15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

How long will this survey remain open?

When and were will we see the results?

I was just about to say! I am currently planning to close the survey tomorrow, on Sunday, somewhere around noon GMT. We are 634 responses right now and new responses are dripping in at only two or three a day now.

I want to compile the results tomorrow as well. Hopefully, a good report of the survey results will be available within 36 hours from now, somewhere in my evening of Sunday.

Alas, it will take a few more days to properly compile the results. I underestimated how laborious this process would be. I do expect to have it finished before the next weekend. Thank you all for your patience! 

As a quick teaser, did you know that the average age of the El Goonish Shive community member is 29? And the median age is 27!

7 hours ago, Maplestrip said:

As a quick teaser, did you know that the average age of the El Goonish Shive community member is 29? And the median age is 27!

That means there are a bunch of you young whippersnappers all over our lawn! :mad:

4 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

That means there are a bunch of you young whippersnappers all over our lawn! :mad:

Yeah, them and the snapbook and other new fangled things.  Need to get off my lawn.

Seeing as it will take a few more days before the results will be all ready, I may as well give away some more data in advance just to keep conversation going ^_^

Interestingly, 92% of the respondents are white, followed by 4.2% of the community being hispanic/latino. Less than 1% of the community reported to be black. That was an extreme result that quite got me by surprise.

Thanks for the praise and feedback, RutinTutin :)

I just finished the livestream, and it is now available here: 

It's an hour and a half, but you can scroll through it if you like. I'm quite happy with it and I hope you will enjoy too!