• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Monday September 2, 2019

Sweet, naïve D10... Getting hold of the similarities just now.

Best way to do Dance Soccer is with Ashley doing a winning goal using a jeté. Also features Pelé doing a plié.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

What the hell is up with D10's face in panel 3?

Must be the first time seeing Diane. First panel looks like he thinks he hears Susan's voice. Then seeing them both is like "wait, how is the same voice coming from both of them?!?"

I'm kinda hoping that Susan and Diane will eventually end up at Tedd's house, I know people have suggested the possibility before, but with Dan combining scenes like this, it's seems natural to have Susan and Diane working their way to the party, of course the subject of the party still needs to come up in Susan and Diane's conversation, I don't think they'll just be driving along and suddenly "hey, we're at Tedd's house....".

For a moment I was like "Grace has worked Monday's as well, we saw her at the shop on Monday in Secret of Sam"  but then I realized, she wasn't there to work, if she was, she shouldn't have needed to ask Gordon if she could go into the back. Also, Sam probably wouldn't have chosen to check on his comic reservations then if he felt there was a chance Grace would be working.

And of course Justin would bring back the subject of Dance Soccer:

source.gif

Nanase is the best martial artist among this group, but Justin is the biggest martial arts fan boy.

"SENSEI GREG!
IwantyoutomeetAshleyshe'sthegirlwhokickedaballatthegriffonatthemallshe'sadancerandsocccerplayerandshejustfoundoutshehasmagicpotentialsocanyouhelpherlearnabaletsocceranimemartialartplease!?"

Susan, that wasn't genetics. That was your awakening.

Also, yes ... there is a push from employers for students to work while studying, to get experience without being paid for it. But students are supposed to study, not spend time on work!

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, mlooney said:

What the hell is up with D10's face in panel 3?

Must be the first time seeing Diane. First panel looks like he thinks he hears Susan's voice. Then seeing them both is like "wait, how is the same voice coming from both of them?!?"

Not only that. I think he's surprised by their physical similarities as well.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm kinda hoping that Susan and Diane will eventually end up at Tedd's house, I know people have suggested the possibility before, but with Dan combining scenes like this, it's seems natural to have Susan and Diane working their way to the party, of course the subject of the party still needs to come up in Susan and Diane's conversation, I don't think they'll just be driving along and suddenly "hey, we're at Tedd's house....".

I think there would need to be quite good reason for them arriving ...

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Kicking the ball into Tara’s face may mean that she has already begun to combine the two into a martial art.

... what element of ballet was in that?

40 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Everyone thought it was, but that was when they thought Diane was her sister and magic was the excuse for the difference in height, but now that there's several generations between Diane and Susan rather than minutes, genetics can still be a likely reason.

17 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... what element of ballet was in that?

Are you telling me that you never watched Nureyev and Barushnikov perform Swan Lake vs. Aston Villa? You've been missing out. :danshiftyeyes:

No. Link?

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Everyone thought it was, but that was when they thought Diane was her sister and magic was the excuse for the difference in height, but now that there's several generations between Diane and Susan rather than minutes, genetics can still be a likely reason.

It can, but I still think it's awakening based on it happening just after that.

Note that it seems Susan was as tall as Mrs. Pompoms even before the trip to France ... although her father was apparently taller ...

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Considering what the awakening did to her hair, do you think she'd get 2 physical changes due to magic (hair and height) when compared to Nanase getting magic boobs and Justin getting magic abs?

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Considering what the awakening did to her hair, do you think she'd get 2 physical changes due to magic (hair and height) when compared to Nanase getting magic boobs and Justin getting magic abs?

Yes.

Next question? :)

Nanase might not get magic abs, but her strength WAS raised by magic, as proved by her being weaker when burned out. And, since being burned out first time, her hair is growing faster. Based on that, I don't think it's some "one physical change per person" deal.