• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

STORY: Monday March 14, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2167

Makes sense, we could tell when Ashley first called Elliot that it could be problematic if she could only hear Elliot's side of a conversation and not know who's he's talking to.

Nice that Diane and Charlotte at least got to say thanks even if not in person.

Uh, Dan, those are *our* questions. I mean, I'm sure Diane and Charlotte would come to them too, but I doubt those are their first questions.

Except maybe that accent one, and the third one. But mostly our questions

Actually, I just realized that Elliot saying that Ashley could call back if they thought of anything to ask might backfire as well.

Ashley: "Hey, sorry, but could you ask blah blah blah?"

Elliot: "Oh, we already covered that, sorry."

Ashley: "Oh alright."

5 minutes later

Ashley: "Oh what about..."

Elliot: "Nanase just finished asking about that."

Ashley: "I think we'll just wait till Nanase returns."

Panel-By-Panel Analysis!

Panel 1-2: One-sided conversations are always awkward.

Panel 3-4: Always difficult asking your girlfriend to hang up.

Panel 5: That "Yes" isn't grayed. Diane? Rhea?

Panel 6: Thanks are indeed in order.

Panel 7: Yeah, what was that guy's deal, anyway?

Commentary:

1. Possibly summons.
  2. Fictish. It's the accent they pick up in Fictionland.
  3. ...actually, I take it back. He had a false belly and that's where he kept his stuff.
  4. Custom made. The tailor mysteriously disappeared after making it.
  5. I'd guess sunglasses.
  6. ...alrighty then.

Forum:

1 hour ago, BurntAsh said:

Yup, a bridge towards the meat of the oncoming conversation. About the only thing bugging me is the lines for the hip in panel 2 (can't unsee it!).

As an aside: I go dark for so long, the forum itself changes.

Welcome back, then.

5 minutes ago, Zorua said:

Commentary:

1. Possibly summons.
  2. Fictish. It's the accent they pick up in Fictionland.
  3. ...actually, I take it back. He had a false belly and that's where he kept his stuff.
  4. Custom made. The tailor mysteriously disappeared after making it.
  5. I'd guess sunglasses.
  6. ...alrighty then.

I'd say the tailor mysteriously disappeared before making it

1 hour ago, Zorua said:

Panel 5: That "Yes" isn't grayed. Diane? Rhea?

You mean Charlotte, not Rhea, But it was likely Diane that said that considering her dialog starting with "um" in the following panel, . And it shouldn't be grayed since it's not over the phone

2 hours ago, Zorua said:

Panel 7: Yeah, what was that guy's deal, anyway?

One of the two biggest questions I have at this point. Especially when he started talking about someone summoning the bane.

The other being what the griffon has learned during her stay. The fact that it's attracted the attention of a griffon from "the first half of the universe" is interesting. Might provide some insight on what Pandora is doing, and what other consequences there are for doing it.

I especially like question 6. Funniest part of today's comic, IMO.

I got more of the gigglies on the panel 7.

Hey, um, Ellen. Comments?

I think this page confirms Ashley not only is a good fit for the main cast, she might one of the more intelligent members of them.

Diane seeking answers about the Spider Vampire questions makes me suspect some options about what Dan has planned to happen by next weekend, Moperville time. Susan and Diane will likely end up meeting. I have a few ideas on who might insist on the meeting narratively speaking but no guess on who actually will.

6 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Uh, Dan, those are *our* questions. I mean, I'm sure Diane and Charlotte would come to them too, but I doubt those are their first questions.

I think Diane's questions would be something like:

1) This is the vampire you meant when you talked about me being vampire slayer?

2) Are you sure I will be able to fight them?

3) Seriously?

1 hour ago, BurntAsh said:

Especially when he started talking about someone summoning the bane.

We know what THAT means. It's related to Diane being vampire hunter just like Susan.

4 hours ago, Wildcat said:

I still think the vampire spider guy was tailor himself.

27 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Time for answers! I just hope that the next page will skip Ashley telling Elliot all those things Diane told her to tell him, so we'll get to hear the griffins sooner.

It's not about "sooner". It's about how many questions we will get answered on next page. Like, even without skipping that we will get at least one, right?

Diane seeking answers about the Spider Vampire questions makes me suspect some options about what Dan has planned to happen by next weekend, Moperville time. Susan and Diane will likely end up meeting. I have a few ideas on who might insist on the meeting narratively speaking but no guess on who actually will.

I just hope Susan and Diane will meet before Sarah and Sam's date. I know it's unlikely that their date will last as long as this one, but still.

That might be exactly what Wildcat meant. Or not.

It's not about "sooner". It's about how many questions we will get answered on next page.

Hey, a few panels of redundant information skipped is a good thing. It saves space for answers, even though I know that it will still take many pages before they're out of questions.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
6 hours ago, Wildcat said:

I think that's what he meant, that the spidervamp was a tailor before he became a vampire, and he would have mysteriously dissappeared when he turned into one.

BTW, the first 2 panels really give a sense of scale from Nanase's perspective. I'm not sure if Dan intended that, but it's a nice detail anyway.

8 hours ago, BurntAsh said:

As an aside: I go dark for so long, the forum itself changes.

Ay well, both you and the forum are some kind of phoenix.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

James or Zachary?

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think that's what he meant, that the spidervamp was a tailor before he became a vampire, and he would have mysteriously dissappeared when he turned into one.

That makes sense. Though, if the spidervamp was a tailor before, he may have a monster and non-monster form, and not need to have disappeared.

(Too lazy to hunt down the entire quote chain)

5 hours ago, Wildcat said:

That makes sense. Though, if the spidervamp was a tailor before, he may have a monster and non-monster form, and not need to have disappeared.

(Too lazy to hunt down the entire quote chain)

Well, SpiderVamp was a spider, so he'd have his own supply of thread. In this comic: (http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2145) It even shows him with some kind of thread like substance... Though that might had just been some kind of glowing magical construct rather then an actual thread.

11 hours ago, Wildcat said:

All Aberrations used to be humans before they chose to become vampiric monsters to prolong their lives. It's true that the Vampider might still have had a human form, but for some reason I find it unlikely. I could be wrong, though. Maybe we'll know if it turns out that the Vampider was the reason why Andrea stayed in this half of the world for so long and not her poor sense of direction. She must have observed him and saw him change form (if he could do that) if she knew about his existence before tonight.

I'm thinking spidervamp's been that way for longer than Andrea's been in this half of the world, but yeah the vampire in France was more human looking, I mentioned before that it could be possible that the forms aberrations when they turn are chosen by them, the spidervamp could have been obsessed with arachnids and the France vampire would have taken a traditional vampire stance. Whether they can change into a more normal form to blend in with crowds and such remains to be seen though. But I'm leaning towards no, once they've changed, they need to keep a very low profile out of sight from the regular populace.

Interestingly enough the is the second vampire that's made the mistake of not being aware of anyone that might get in the way of a meal, the France vampire didn't account for the possibility of Nanase noticing Susan being lured away and coming to her aid, as well as he underestimated how strong she was even without magic at the time. And then the spidervamp, who supposedly may have been in the area for a while, didn't know about Andrea being in that area too, she's not supposed to be the stealthy one and yet she was able to blindside him.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'm thinking spidervamp's been that way for longer than Andrea's been in this half of the world, but yeah the vampire in France was more human looking, I mentioned before that it could be possible that the forms aberrations when they turn are chosen by them, the spidervamp could have been obsessed with arachnids and the France vampire would have taken a traditional vampire stance. Whether they can change into a more normal form to blend in with crowds and such remains to be seen though. But I'm leaning towards no, once they've changed, they need to keep a very low profile out of sight from the regular populace.

Of course the Vampider had been a vampire long before Andrea arrived in this half of the world. We know she arrived to investigate an "energy clog", not to kill an Aberration. However, perhaps she saw the Vampider during her investigations and decided to keep an eye on him until she got a good chance to kill him.

Also, the rules for Aberrations include the fact that even though Aberrations look monstrous, at least some of them look like that only when using their powers.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

And then the spidervamp, who supposedly may have been in the area for a while, didn't know about Andrea being in that area too, she's not supposed to be the stealthy one and yet she was able to blindside him.

Hmm, yes, that is a good point. Maybe vampires can only sense hunters and not other threats? Tara said that Andrea is not a fighter, after all.

3 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:
6 hours ago, Scotty said:

And then the spidervamp, who supposedly may have been in the area for a while, didn't know about Andrea being in that area too, she's not supposed to be the stealthy one and yet she was able to blindside him.

Hmm, yes, that is a good point. Maybe vampires can only sense hunters and not other threats? Tara said that Andrea is not a fighter, after all.

It's possible his "detection web" didn't helped him when he was away from the "control location".

He might've been aware Andrea is in general location, but though she's not THAT near.

7 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Maybe we'll know if it turns out that the Vampider was the reason why Andrea stayed in this half of the world for so long and not her poor sense of direction.

Would be funny if she would try to say that and did it as unconvincingly as Elliot. I think it IS her poor sense of direction. Or, you know ... her poor sense of direction combined with the totally lying Immortal somehow confusing her. Fae traditionally use spells which makes navigation harder.