• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Monday September 09, 2019

So, we get big boobs instead of blue veins. Not complaining. Susan, meanwhile, might.

Hmmm, didn't we talked about Susan's growth spurt recently? I consider this confirmation it WAS caused by magic ...

58 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So how do you show that a comic character has become older?

Let's ask Charlie Brown, Garfield, and Popeye...

... Ash Ketchum, Bart Simpson ... oh, wait, those two explicitly didn't become older.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm, didn't we talked about Susan's growth spurt recently? I consider this confirmation it WAS caused by magic ...

Commentary doesn't seem to agree with you though:

I myself have some firsthand experience with this from when Susan grew taller in the main canon. I presented whether it was a natural growth spurt, or the influence of having awakened her magic power, as a mystery.

Dan continues to leave it up to reader speculation, I suspect that this is something that if Dan was going to settle on either or, he'd do so as part of the story, like having Tedd (or someone else) go "your growth spurt was definitely genetic" or "definitely due to your awakening".

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

https://egscomics.com/egsnp/parable-005

So how do you show that a comic character has become older?

Let's ask Charlie Brown, Garfield, and Popeye...

I think Charlie Brown and his classmates aged from about first or second grade at the beginning to about fifth grade later on? Linus was also originally a toddler, but then went to school, and he got a little brother later who grew to about four years old . . . Garfield meanwhile does not appear to have aged, but has acknowledged his birthdays (e.g. admitting to being forty years old in the 19 June 2018 strip). Popeye, I think, has not aged at all.

As for Susan, if this is what going from level one to level two gives her, then level five is going to be quite awkward.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

I myself have some firsthand experience with this from when Susan grew taller in the main canon. I presented whether it was a natural growth spurt, or the influence of having awakened her magic power, as a mystery.

Dan continues to leave it up to reader speculation, I suspect that this is something that if Dan was going to settle on either or, he'd do so as part of the story, like having Tedd (or someone else) go "your growth spurt was definitely genetic" or "definitely due to your awakening".

... right. Just because Dan admitted that it would be unrealistic doesn't mean it can't be canon explanation.

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

As for Susan, if this is what going from level one to level two gives her, then level five is going to be quite awkward.

She's not that tall ... oh. Right. Spellcasting 5 will likely be double-FV5 measurements if not more.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

She's not that tall ... oh. Right. Spellcasting 5 will likely be double-FV5 measurements if not more.

I fully get that Dan has a liking for this sort of thing and I am not stopping him. But it lacks appeal to me. And on Susan? That just strikes me as wrong. :/

11 hours ago, Southern Cross said:

I guess that's what you get when you key your spellcasting off Charisma instead of Intelligence...

The importance of Charisma in spellcasting is obvious: it's for the intercourse with the Satan.

(Seriously, it's because charisma is more psychical stat than physical beauty, but I think it works for the joke.)

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I fully get that Dan has a liking for this sort of thing and I am not stopping him. But it lacks appeal to me. And on Susan? That just strikes me as wrong. :/

We know Susan's probably as opposed to transformation since her experience in Playing with Dolls, it makes more sense that she'd want to have control over it though which is of course not what is happening here.

However, maybe we can look at it in the "Justin has talked Susan into playing a game" sense. Sure, it's not the Fallout games, but I suspect Justin's had plenty of experience with the Fable series as well.

41 minutes ago, Scotty said:
13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

We know Susan's probably as opposed to transformation since her experience in Playing with Dolls, it makes more sense that she'd want to have control over it though which is of course not what is happening here.

However, maybe we can look at it in the "Justin has talked Susan into playing a game" sense. Sure, it's not the Fallout games, but I suspect Justin's had plenty of experience with the Fable series as well.

I think the important part is noone told her the game shows attributes this way. It doesn't matter if Justin talked her into playing this game, anyone else did or if she decided to try herself.

... I mean, sure, she wasn't exactly enthusiastic about the game in general, but, like, maybe she wants to try some specific part and just doesn't like the path to it?

... ok, it IS likely someone talked her into it. Maybe Sarah?

I wonder if Susan will avoid raising her magic stat to avoid that particular alteration to her appearance?

15 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Jumping straight to the final results (as is often the case in the pinups & sketchbooks) holds no appeal to me. Oddly enough though, seeing it step-by-step does hold some for me - though not enough to make up for the fact that I have no interest in this setting...

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think the important part is noone told her the game shows attributes this way. It doesn't matter if Justin talked her into playing this game, anyone else did or if she decided to try herself.

As I doubt Justin would play the game as a female character (assuming the game offers a choice), he quite possibly wouldn't know that for female characters the game shows that particular attribute in that fashion.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I wonder if Susan will avoid raising her magic stat to avoid that particular alteration to her appearance?

That wouldn't be logical ... maybe?

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

As I doubt Justin would play the game as a female character (assuming the game offers a choice), he quite possibly wouldn't know that for female characters the game shows that particular attribute in that fashion.

... wait. HOW the game shows that particular attribute for males?

(Ok, maybe using original Fable method, but ...)