• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story, Wed Sept 18 2019

"Problems with seeing them side-by-side" confirmed.

Diane, did you also consider there may be stuff you should leave out for national security?

Is this the part where Diane starts convincing Susan she should arrive at the party?

Waaait ... how much did Diane told HER friends? And why we didn't get the page with "Diane: Apparently, my father is wizard - Rhoda: I have magic too"?

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... I suspect Diane is closest to that, actually.

They may not be actual sisters, but the "you just got that" line shows that they often think alike.

42 minutes ago, ijuin said:
48 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... I suspect Diane is closest to that, actually.

They may not be actual sisters, but the "you just got that" line shows that they often think alike.

Yes (although, Sarah similarly got how Pandora empowered Moperville, and there is likely no family connection between them).

But while they are not actual sisters, there ARE actual relatives. And, apparently, magic worked hard to make them similar, so how many generations are between them is not as important as it should.

For various reasons they have both been avoiding talking about these issues.

For various reasons they both know they need to talk about these issues.

And people with whom they need to talk are not the people with whom they are currently talking.

So what are they going to do?

I save all the comics in this series and I try to put in the titles Dan uses on Tumblr. And occasionally instead of a few random characters at the end of the saved filename, there's another title: This one is "secretsquirrel".

What's next? Morocco Mole? 

For a long time, in my head canon, I've thought that Susan's mom is approximately as much in the dark about Susan's magic as Nanase's mom is about Nanase's magic. First of all, the hammers that Susan was using all the time in the early comics. Second, Susan likes to have Little Nase  and now her other fairies around. It's not very credible that Susan's mom could be completely ignorant of both of these phenomena.

What I'd like for Friday is for Rhea, Rick, and/or Elijah to home in on the familiar voices of Diane and "Diane" and say something like "Talking to yourself now?"

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

For a long time, in my head canon, I've thought that Susan's mom is approximately as much in the dark about Susan's magic as Nanase's mom is about Nanase's magic. First of all, the hammers that Susan was using all the time in the early comics. Second, Susan likes to have Little Nase  and now her other fairies around. It's not very credible that Susan's mom could be completely ignorant of both of these phenomena.

The difference is that Susan lives in huge mansion and her mother might not be as observant - or as micromanaging. Also, Susan definitely wasn't using the hammers at home.

Also, Susan's mom probably doesn't have contacts on DGB and therefore don't have access to Susan's file.

Would be funny if she saw the fairy and didn't considered it worth discussing, though ...

... or if seeing the fairy would make her stop drinking (assuming she actually has drinking problem).

1 hour ago, ijuin said:
1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

What I'd like for Friday is for Rhea, Rick, and/or Elijah to home in on the familiar voices of Diane and "Diane" and say something like "Talking to yourself now?"

Apparently their voices do sound similar, given Tensaided's confusion in http://egscomics.com/comic/party-056

I still think that, just as Tensaided, they would realize there are two people speaking before saying stuff like that.

However, the idea of them homing on the familiar voice(s) makes sense.

Another funny idea: seeing Diane and Susan, they would assume one of them is Diane but wouldn't be sure which one.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Waaait ... how much did Diane told HER friends? And why we didn't get the page with "Diane: Apparently, my father is wizard - Rhoda: I have magic too"?

Just now, ijuin said:

For Diane, family are to be trusted completely. For Susan, she has no family whom she can really trust.

Diane doesn't know that Rhoda has already been indoctrinated into the world of magic. She's understandably worried that her friends and family would freak out of she mentioned being related to a magical being who sacrificed herself to protect Diane's father from vampires.

Susan's friends at least know that Susan's dealt with vampires in the past and strongly suspect that she was involved in fighting them the week before as well, they're not likely to freak out. I mean not telling her mom is understandable too, we've no reason to believe she knows what Susan's gotten into magic-wise

That's why Diane's surprised that Susan's been bottling it up, I guess Susan could be like "I didn't want to reveal anything about your connection to them if you weren't ready to tell anyone either." and maybe Diane would be "I wanted to be sure I wasn't stepping on your toes if I did, but I think we could at least trust them with this." and then they finally go to the party.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Diane doesn't know that Rhoda has already been indoctrinated into the world of magic.

Presumably.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

She's understandably worried that her friends and family would freak out of she mentioned being related to a magical being who sacrificed herself to protect Diane's father from vampires.

Could still tell them she found her father. Granted, the part of meeting her great-great-great ... aunt would need more explanations, and it WOULD make sense to know how much to tell them before starting for case they start asking questions ...

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Susan's friends at least know that Susan's dealt with vampires in the past and strongly suspect that she was involved in fighting them the week before as well, they're not likely to freak out. I mean not telling her mom is understandable too, we've no reason to believe she knows what Susan's gotten into magic-wise

That's why Diane's surprised that Susan's been bottling it up

Sure, it is different ... but it's still little hypocritical from Diane to call out Susan for not telling her friends when she didn't either. Which made me think that maybe she DID tell them something, no matter how dangerous that would be.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I guess Susan could be like "I didn't want to reveal anything about your connection to them if you weren't ready to tell anyone either." and maybe Diane would be "I wanted to be sure I wasn't stepping on your toes if I did, but I think we could at least trust them with this." and then they finally go to the party.

Yeah, could be. However I think it would be more words. Possibly not fit on Friday page.