• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

That's one down, Ashley was worried that Elliot might think she was weird for having fantasies about stuff, having one of Elliot's friends understand how she thinks and say that it's not weird is a plus towards putting those worries in the trash rather that dumping herself in the trash.

Though maybe it would have been better if Grace didn't "exude" confidence like that, it'd probably do Ashley some good to know that some of Elliot's friends can also worry about what people think of them, this might just be a side effect of Grace telling Ashley that she's part alien though.

I still expect hugs either way.

How does one "Exude"?

I have done many things in my life, and I am fairly certain that I have never deliberately "Exuded" anything

there was that time before my Gaul Bladder was removed when I experienced severe gastrointestinal distress
there may have been some "Exuding" with that, but it was not intentional

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

How does one "Exude"?

I have done many things in my life, and I am fairly certain that I have never deliberately "Exuded" anything

there was that time before my Gaul Bladder was removed when I experienced severe gastrointestinal distress
there may have been some "Exuding" with that, but it was not intentional

Per online dictionaries, it applies mainly to disgusting bodily fluids oozing out of places they shouldn't.

The opposite should be insude, if that were a thing, which, thank God, it is not.

Germane to the comic, I guess it means that Grace displays confidence in a manner that is reminiscent of pus leaking out of a festering wound. Kind of like a politician or televangelist. Hmm, panel two seems to bear that out. OMG, she's an evil alien politician! She's going to drag Ashley into a multi-level marketing Ponzi scheme! Oh, Noes!

Edited by Darth Fluffy
Unsightly typo

Exude... when our eldest got her first apartment, she had almost no furniture but sat in the middle of the floor gloating over it being hers so hard I warned her she might stain the carpet.

The big idea in this comic is that Grace is exuding confidence she really doesn't have. The Secret of Sam showed Grace second-, third-, and fourth-guessing from beginning to end. Rhoda seems to have more self-confidence than both Grace and Ashley at this point in the overall story.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Germane to the comic, I guess it means that Grace displays confidence in a manner that is reminiscent of pus leaking out of a festering wound. Kind of like a politician or televangelist. Hmm, panel two seems to bear that out. OMG, she's an evil alien politician! SHe's going to drag Ashley into a multi-level marketing Ponzi scheme! Oh, Noes!

It's literally is supposed to mean "oozing with confidence".

Take these lyrics for instance:

"Close but kind of meatless
Like actors who play Jesus
In movies of the week
What other people wish for
Oozes from my every pore
I'm the coffee not the sleep"

... I must admit I'm not sure where Grace is going with that. So, cliffhanger?

15 hours ago, Scotty said:

That's one down, Ashley was worried that Elliot might think she was weird for having fantasies about stuff, having one of Elliot's friends understand how she thinks and say that it's not weird is a plus towards putting those worries in the trash rather that dumping herself in the trash.

Maybe, depending on how much will she generalize Grace's behavior to others ... but if she generalizes Grace's not caring about nudity she will be mistaken.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

The big idea in this comic is that Grace is exuding confidence she really doesn't have. The Secret of Sam showed Grace second-, third-, and fourth-guessing from beginning to end. Rhoda seems to have more self-confidence than both Grace and Ashley at this point in the overall story.

... which is interesting because she didn't used to. Playing with her magic and her cat has good effect on her.

28 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe, depending on how much will she generalize Grace's behavior to others ... but if she generalizes Grace's not caring about nudity she will be mistaken.

Well if Ashley was to ask around what people think about Grace's "not caring about nudity", Justin, Elliot, Ellen and Nanase would probably say it can be a bit uncomfortable (I doubt Ellen and Nanase will ever admit being attracted to Grace), Susan likely won't comment (because she wouldn't want to admit to experiencing a certain thing). Tedd would be biased in favour of it, of course. ;)

Sarah totally understands how Grace feels though and may be able to convey that to Ashley....maybe Sarah can be the linchpin to getting an OT5 together? ::wishfull thinking::

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's literally is supposed to mean "oozing with confidence".

Right, like a politician or televangelist or a sleazy salesman. Or that actor guy, Lucas, in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World that skateboards down the stair railing. Or the Vegan, Todd, in the same movie.

Children exude, but usually not confidence.

12 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Exude... when our eldest got her first apartment, she had almost no furniture but sat in the middle of the floor gloating over it being hers so hard I warned her she might stain the carpet.

Yeah, my apartment in college was hardly bigger than my bedroom in my parents' house had been (it was literally one room plus the bath), but having it all to myself was great.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well if Ashley was to ask around what people think about Grace's "not caring about nudity", Justin, Elliot, Ellen and Nanase would probably say it can be a bit uncomfortable (I doubt Ellen and Nanase will ever admit being attracted to Grace), Susan likely won't comment (because she wouldn't want to admit to experiencing a certain thing). Tedd would be biased in favour of it, of course. ;)

What? Susan would obviously said that it's very uncomfortable BECAUSE she wouldn't want to admit experiencing the thing you mentioned ...

Sarah totally understands how Grace feels though and may be able to convey that to Ashley

Maybe.

maybe Sarah can be the linchpin to getting an OT5 together? ::wishfull thinking::

... 5? Why not 6?