• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Friday, October 4, 2019

The short version is that the offsides rule prohibits offensive players from being closer to the goal than both the ball and all defensive players other than the goalkeeper. This is to prevent offensive players from clustering together forward of the ball’s position and creating a defensive barrier to keep the defending players away from the ball carrier.

35 minutes ago, ijuin said:

The short version is that the offsides rule prohibits offensive players from being closer to the goal than both the ball and all defensive players other than the goalkeeper. This is to prevent offensive players from clustering together forward of the ball’s position and creating a defensive barrier to keep the defending players away from the ball carrier.

Wouldn't that mean that all defensive players have to do is stand still and let the leading offensive player run closer to the goal?

I though that Grace will finish explaining what she said on previous page as I didn't get it.

WHY would it makes sense that someone could have fantasies about being embarrassed due to blushing and elevated heart rate?

And BTW, will this also lead to it being ok having fantasies about turning someone into frog despite actually knowing the spell?

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
6 hours ago, ijuin said:

Wouldn't that mean that all defensive players have to do is stand still and let the leading offensive player run closer to the goal?

Note that they are allowed to get closer if they have the ball in front of them.

Yes, the offensive players must be behind EITHER the last non-goalkeeper defender OR behind the ball. If they are ahead of both, then they are in violation. This also prevents the player who has the ball from performing a forward pass when there are no defenders ahead of the ball.

33 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What was wrong with casually kicking the severed heads of your enemies down the street?

Durability. The heads didn't lasted till next war.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I though that Grace will finish explaining what she said on previous page as I didn't get it.

WHY would it makes sense that someone could have fantasies about being embarrassed due to blushing and elevated heart rate?

It's basically the same deal as Susan's "I like to watch" fetish, and it probably boils down to certain endorphins being produced, so in Susan's case, actual physical contact and the idea of doing "things" gives her anxiety, but seeing or thinking of other people doing "things" is a safer way for her to get that rush.

Ashley's been able to enjoy her fantasies because she'd been able to keep then at arms length by either writing about them, or see other people experience them and enjoying it, it's a much different thing to think about it actually happening to her, and it's probably because she's worried that it might be a worse experience than she imagines based on how she asked Liz if she thought her stories were evil.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Then you just aren't making enough enemies

You could always make it so that the head of the goalkeeper from the losing team becomes the "ball" for the next game.

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The way I understood it is: Being embarrassed and being aroused both (can) cause blushing and elevated heart rate, thus under the right circumstances the brain can come to associate one with the other. (I know I've experienced this sort of association, though not with embarrassment.)

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
On 10/5/2019 at 2:14 AM, hkmaly said:

The way I understood it is: Being embarrassed and being aroused both (can) cause blushing and elevated heart rate, thus under the right circumstances the brain can come to associate one with the other.

That would make sort of sense, but it's still weird and -

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I know I've experienced this sort of association, though not with embarrassment.

... ok I guess it can happen then.