• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

NP Friday Oct 4 2019

Just now, ChronosCat said:

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/parable-016

"Hey, listen!"

Hide contents

Re: the commentary: " Susan's outfit in the last panel is inspired by none other than Scrooge McDuck, though there are, of course, key differences." ...Yeah, like pants.

Yeah, I doubt Susan would allow for "authenticity" on that. ;)

I guess Dan could have had a return of the Zatanna outfit from Goonmanji 2(without the honey badger form of course) and would have still worked.

Good, Susan didn't stopped thinking just because she can became supernaturally clean and actually managed to ALSO obtain wast riches. Which I suppose is very easy in this game.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, I doubt Susan would allow for "authenticity" on that. ;)

Yeah. Also, it would change rating of the comics, considering Scrooge McDuck doesn't wear ANYTHING below waist ...

However, Susan likely insisted specifically on pants instead of skirt. Wouldn't be first time.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I guess Dan could have had a return of the Zatanna outfit from Goonmanji 2(without the honey badger form of course) and would have still worked.

Note that Susan was under the Honey Badger mental effect at that time ... I think she would reacted differently on that outfit otherwise.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Note that Susan was under the Honey Badger mental effect at that time ... I think she would reacted differently on that outfit otherwise.

But it still would provide more coverage than the "authentic" Scrooge McDuck style, and we've already seen that she can handle wearing less than even the Zatanna outfit as long as the important parts remain covered.

It's also possible that having high purity might also have a benefit of making her more confident and such, more like the Lifeguard's mental effect rather than Honey Badger.

So this is a game of magical adventures

But you can get more money, experience, reputation, purity, etc, by staying in town and working

Conjecture

Games of this type are being designed by frustrated high school Guidance Counselors and Economics Teachers as a way to drive home the lessons through which the students usually sleep

8 hours ago, Scotty said:
11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

But it still would provide more coverage than the "authentic" Scrooge McDuck style, and we've already seen that she can handle wearing less than even the Zatanna outfit as long as the important parts remain covered.

Handle, yes, prefer, no.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's also possible that having high purity might also have a benefit of making her more confident and such, more like the Lifeguard's mental effect rather than Honey Badger.

Probably not.

52 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So this is a game of magical adventures

But you can get more money, experience, reputation, purity, etc, by staying in town and working

Conjecture

Games of this type are being designed by frustrated high school Guidance Counselors and Economics Teachers as a way to drive home the lessons through which the students usually sleep

I don't think Economic Teachers would be capable of designing games. However, I suspect that the amount of money etc you can get by staying in town and working is determined based on designers opinion of how hard would be to make players skip the magical adventures, and, well, HE slept in those lessons too but managed to stay awake long enough to notice he's last one who felt asleep.

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Handle, yes, prefer, no.

She used to wear clothes with left her midriff exposed, but then got uncomfortable about it by the time she had the growth spurt, I'm pretty sure it was a self conscious reaction making her think people would look at her differently so she stopped wearing them, but I would expect that if she didn't feel like she was being judged, she'd wear anything, hence why she said she'd wear as little as Diane if she wasn't embarrassed.

27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Probably not.

Heck, it doesn't have to be a magical effect really, as long as something's taking her mind off of how embarrassing something would be, like the idea of being forever clean, then she wouldn't be thinking about how much skin might be exposed.

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah. Also, it would change rating of the comics, considering Scrooge McDuck doesn't wear ANYTHING below waist ...

Sure he does! He wears spats (without any shoes...). :)

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
On 10/5/2019 at 2:30 AM, hkmaly said:

Sure he does! He wears spats (without any shoes...). :)

... right. But you know what I meant.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
12 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Handle, yes, prefer, no.

She used to wear clothes with left her midriff exposed, but then got uncomfortable about it by the time she had the growth spurt, I'm pretty sure it was a self conscious reaction making her think people would look at her differently so she stopped wearing them, but I would expect that if she didn't feel like she was being judged, she'd wear anything, hence why she said she'd wear as little as Diane if she wasn't embarrassed.

On one hand, yes, on the other, she's embarrassed even if she's not actually being judged, so getting her into state where she doesn't feel like being judged might be hard ...

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
12 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Probably not.

Heck, it doesn't have to be a magical effect really, as long as something's taking her mind off of how embarrassing something would be, like the idea of being forever clean, then she wouldn't be thinking about how much skin might be exposed.

It would still require her having limited choice. As long as she gets choice what to wear, she would think about it long enough to avoid clothes like that.

Granted, this is computer game. Having limited choice wouldn't be exactly rare. Also, unlike reality, in computer game it may easily be impossible for woman to wear man clothes, so if someone decided woman clothes will always include skirt ...

... I still think it would need to be very limited game to make Susan choose Zatanna's outfit.