• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Monday, Oct 7, 2019

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/parable-017

While having so much money you don't notice if you bought anything is nice, there are higher targets:

1) Find if the money counter is four byte long and what happens on overflow

2) Find if the money counter is eight byte long and what happens on overflow

3) Find if the money counter is DOUBLE FLOAT and what happens on overflow

... ok, I guess it must be special kind of game where the amount of money would be better shown in scientific notation ... but yes I know few. Sure, those are idle games and are programmed in way there is still something you don't have enough money to buy at the point where the game engine is crashing, but still, tredecillion is nice number ...

Gotta love utopia. May not be complete, but rent is a start. 

Where to go from here is the problem. She got fat stacks, she's set for life.

That's a long streak of Susan not being evil since turning into an Energized Honey Badger Magician.

Yeah, the landlording plan is great, if you are in a world where it doesn't require multiple years of an entry level job's income just to buy a single modest house.

6 hours ago, Stature said:

Where to go from here is the problem. She got fat stacks, she's set for life.

Susan started off as a poor, dirty orphan, who was supposed to seek revenge against the ones responsible for her being poor and orphaned, now she's rich and sparkling clean and she probably could care less about being orphaned now, heck she could just spend the rest of the game just being the most loved landlady in the world...but I suspect the whole revenge thing is going to get thrust upon her any moment now.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It has been said that Living Well Is The Best Revenge

But I suppose that many people want a little more

It might also be that those that burned her village and left her an orphan might find her and be like "hey! she was supposed to die with the rest of them!" or "Hey! she's supposed to be suffering from her loss!"

It's also possible that she'll just do to them what she did to the bandits and tie them up using the time stop ability.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Susan started off as a poor, dirty orphan, who was supposed to seek revenge against the ones responsible for her being poor and orphaned

It has been said that Living Well Is The Best Revenge

But I suppose that many people want a little more

Best revenge involves dancing on graves of those who wronged you.

Of course, in fantasy universe, you can manage that even if they die of old age. And REAL dance, not some senior stuff.

(The point was raised in Errant Story ... for half-elf who was bullied by humans in school.)

It's definitely true that you shouldn't sacrifice your own life for the revenge. Not worth it. Although that saying about digging two graves is too much.