• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story, Wed 16 Oct, 2019

Well, Grace finally gets to see the hug she wanted earlier, I hope Ashley's on board and we can get closer to "Superhero Science" being canon. I mean, sure they didn't really kiss there, but who's to say that Grace and Ashley weren't as disappointed as we were that they didn't. ;)

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe there are lions and tigers too?

That's Susan and Diane.

Quote Dabat, literally five minutes ago:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

THEY GLOWED WHEN HE CAME TO HER EMOTIONAL RESCUE!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

That one panel made me come back to the forums for the first time in a long time. :D

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well, Grace finally gets to see the hug she wanted earlier, I hope Ashley's on board and we can get closer to "Superhero Science" being canon. I mean, sure they didn't really kiss there, but who's to say that Grace and Ashley weren't as disappointed as we were that they didn't.

Oh, come on, we both know (hope) that "Superhero Science" is totally canon.

Wait, is the cake still in oven or is it already finished?

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe there are lions and tigers too?

The mundane ones or the ones from The Void Which Binds?

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well, Grace finally gets to see the hug she wanted earlier, I hope Ashley's on board and we can get closer to "Superhero Science" being canon. I mean, sure they didn't really kiss there, but who's to say that Grace and Ashley weren't as disappointed as we were that they didn't. ;)

Is THAT why Grace failed to deliver the hug herself? Because seriously she failed her girlfriend duty here.

36 minutes ago, weirdee said:

t's true, trans people glow when they're hugged supportively

What? Sam nor Felix are not on today's page, why you think so?

Just now, hkmaly said:

Is THAT why Grace failed to deliver the hug herself? Because seriously she failed her girlfriend duty here.

That look on her face in the 4th panel could very well be a "was I not paying enough attention to something bothering Tedd?"

Tedd said he wanted pizza as well as cake, so we may see a pizza delivery person dropping by. Two characters have appeared in this role:

1.  Matt Cohen, who brought the pizza for Grace's birthday party. Obviously, Tedd should answer the door again.
  2.  The young woman who delivered pizza to Magus. In this case, Elliot should answer the door, and have the young woman mistake him for Magus. "This isn't all for you again, is it?"
Edited by Tom Sewell
Added link

27 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Tedd said he wanted pizza as well as cake, so we may see a pizza delivery person dropping by. Two characters have appeared in this role:

1.  Matt Cohen, who brought the pizza for Grace's birthday party. Obviously, Tedd should answer the door again.
  2.  The young woman who delivered pizza to Magus. In this case, Elliot should answer the door, and have the young woman mistake him for Magus. "This isn't all for you again, is it?"

JUSTIN wanted to answer the door.

And while I would like to see that young woman again, I suspect she lives quite far from Moperville.

23 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yes--as a woman, assuming the delivery person would be a straight guy. But having it be the woman who met Magus spot Elliot would be better, and perhaps advance the plot. Ashley's reaction to "Mr. Magus?" would be good, and it's easy to find an excuse for her to be with Elliot when the pizza arrives. ("Mr Magus" is how the delivery woman addressed Magus, who apparently wasn't smart enough to use another name.)

Having Susan and Diane arrive while the delivery person is there could be even better, or at least more complicated.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Yes--as a woman, assuming the delivery person would be a straight guy. But having it be the woman who met Magus spot Elliot would be better, and perhaps advance the plot. Ashley's reaction to "Mr. Magus?" would be good, and it's easy to find an excuse for her to be with Elliot when the pizza arrives. ("Mr Magus" is how the delivery woman addressed Magus, who apparently wasn't smart enough to use another name.)

Having Susan and Diane arrive while the delivery person is there could be even better, or at least more complicated.

Magus isn't likely to appear, he laying low while he figures out how to get home, he may have to come back if the only option is to ask for help though. It seemed more like Dan was setting things up for either Charlotte to get some clues as to where to find Magus, or Arthur possibly using Abraham to track him down.

I was on board with the idea of Justin answering the door while transformed thinking it was the pizza delivery but I wonder if he'll bother now knowing that it could possibly be Susan and Diane that rings the doorbell.

Then again, Elliot's offer to transform to help Tedd feel more comfortable might inspire Justin and possibly everyone else to do the same (Ellen FV5ing herself of course) maybe we'll see the return of "Manase's" cockatoo hair?

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not entirely sure of your point here, but in case you didn't realize weirdee was talking about Tedd, "trans" can be used as an umbrella term for everyone who isn't cisgender.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

"trans" can be used as an umbrella term for everyone who isn't cisgender.

And I dislike that usage intensely, because lumping gender-neutral and mildly genderfluid people (me, for example) in with the people who experience severe gender dysphoria 24/7/365, in my opinion, belittles the latter.

23 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
On 10/17/2019 at 3:05 AM, hkmaly said:

Yes--as a woman, assuming the delivery person would be a straight guy. But having it be the woman who met Magus spot Elliot would be better

Justin is unlikely to know the gender of delivery person in advance. Unless he asks Sarah and she will use her spell.

22 hours ago, Scotty said:

Magus isn't likely to appear, he laying low while he figures out how to get home, he may have to come back if the only option is to ask for help though. It seemed more like Dan was setting things up for either Charlotte to get some clues as to where to find Magus, or Arthur possibly using Abraham to track him down.

I would assume he will want to wait some time before showing up even if he already knew it's going to be only option. If not, he could've just get arrested.

And yes, Abraham should be able to track him down.

22 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I hope we'll see Ellen's contagious-transformation spell before the end of the party.

Hmmmmm ... it's true it may be only safe place to show it ...

10 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
On 10/17/2019 at 0:38 AM, hkmaly said:

I'm not entirely sure of your point here, but in case you didn't realize weirdee was talking about Tedd, "trans" can be used as an umbrella term for everyone who isn't cisgender.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
10 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

"trans" can be used as an umbrella term for everyone who isn't cisgender.

And I dislike that usage intensely, because lumping gender-neutral and mildly genderfluid people (me, for example) in with the people who experience severe gender dysphoria 24/7/365, in my opinion, belittles the latter.

I see that not everyone agrees about that ; for reference, yes I realized weirdee was talking about Tedd and was suggesting the term "trans" isn't correct for Tedd. But maybe I'm weird for not liking "umbrella" terms which sounds like something completely different ...

I mean....."somebody who identifies differently from the gender they were assigned at birth" is not ambiguous. if you try to nitpick that then you're diving into unnecessary hair splitting. Nobody is arguing that all trans people are alike, it's just that they all share that one trait, which does not speak anything about their individual character or identity, just of the general consideration. I have no interest in getting embroiled in the various interpersonal conflicts that mar the dignity of our being.

6 hours ago, weirdee said:

I mean....."somebody who identifies differently from the gender they were assigned at birth" is not ambiguous. if you try to nitpick that then you're diving into unnecessary hair splitting. Nobody is arguing that all trans people are alike, it's just that they all share that one trait, which does not speak anything about their individual character or identity, just of the general consideration. I have no interest in getting embroiled in the various interpersonal conflicts that mar the dignity of our being.

(Actually reading wikipedia) Oh. Trans is short from transgender, not transsexual ...

18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

(Actually reading wikipedia) Oh. Trans is short from transgender, not transsexual ...

"Transsexual" is a term I'm somewhat glad to see fade out, for the sake of linguistic consistency (not that such consistency is a common thing in English). Pretty much every word that ends in "sexual" is about sexual interest... and then drop in one word that's about self-identification?

Just now, Don Edwards said:

"Transsexual" is a term I'm somewhat glad to see fade out, for the sake of linguistic consistency (not that such consistency is a common thing in English). Pretty much every word that ends in "sexual" is about sexual interest... and then drop in one word that's about self-identification?

Yeah, just from the sound of it, it seems like it should be kinda, but not really Bisexual, more like "I'm still in the process of switching from liking girls to liking guys, you know?"

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There is any consistency around "sex" and "gender"? Not that it wouldn't be nice if it would ...

Regardless, those two words have very different definition, and umbrella or not, having one word with two definitions is VERY bad for communicating.

Also, if something already got some word, it means it's concept which needs to be talked about ; it's unrealistic to expect such need will disappear ... like, possibly one word can be replaced by two when "everyone" realizes the one word was used for two things so different they don't need common term, but I don't see any other reason, no matter how much would some people want for some concepts to stop being talked about (you know, the concepts like "freedom" or ethnicity).

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

no matter how much would some people want for some concepts to stop being talked about (you know, the concepts like "freedom" or ethnicity).

As I understand, quite a few of those people don't as much want the concepts to stop being talked about as they want most or all of the actual things to disappear entirely.