• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Monday, October 21, 2019

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

http://egscomics.com/comic/party-077

Ten thousand questions not asked.

I'm sure we would be interested at least in half of those (the remaining half we know because we were watching).

However ... I don't think there is anything directly relevant to Susan in that, is it?

... is Dan preparing to switch to someone else? Noah? Adrian? Catalina and Rhoda?

... now, to Diane: there won't be any alcohol. But you can get FV5'ed, which would be pretty close to what people want (and don't get) from alcohol ... also, Elliot should try party form, considering he's on party. I mean, it would definitely be fun for everyone except possibly him when he transforms back.

... I'm sure if Tedd would WANT to, she could make watches with party form for everyone.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I'm sure if Tedd would WANT to, she could make watches with party form for everyone.

Tedd could make watches to make people look like anyone, but they probably wouldn't change their personalities or give them any magic power Tedd didn't include in the enchantment.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm sure if Tedd would WANT to, she could make watches with party form for everyone.

Tedd could make watches to make people look like anyone, but they probably wouldn't change their personalities or give them any magic power Tedd didn't include in the enchantment.

My point was that with all that looking at Elliot, he probably already knows how to make at least some of those party form effects.

So Susan heard an abridged version of what happened to Elliot, Ellen and Ashley, but she doesn't know that the vampire attack at the mall was meant as a diversion. Elliot and Ellen do know that the vampires were sent after an Elf and the only Elf they know of is Adrian so they probably assume he was the target, Elliot could have used that to try to get Susan to talk about what happened at the mall, but being Elliot, he would believe that if Susan didn't want to say anything, then he shouldn't push and mentioning the vampires being related to his experience that night would probably be pushing.

So Susan, while you are fighting for your life, discovering that your n-great grandfather is still alive, that he has a daughter (your aunt) of which he knew nothing, and both of them are at the school on the other side of town, the guy everyone assumes is your boyfriend along with his sister and current girlfriend are abducted by a vampire and and alien for a bizarre occult ritual...

Yes, simply giving each other "space" is certainly all the emotional support either of you needed

21 hours ago, Scotty said:

So Susan heard an abridged version of what happened to Elliot, Ellen and Ashley, but she doesn't know that the vampire attack at the mall was meant as a diversion.

Oh. That bit. Yeah, it's true that Magus did mentioned that to Ashley (and Elliot and Ellen might remember that, or she might told them ...) ... although it's kinda indirect relation.

21 hours ago, Scotty said:

and the only Elf they know of is Adrian

... yeah, presumably Nanase mentioned hearing that.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Oh. That bit. Yeah, it's true that Magus did mentioned that to Ashley (and Elliot and Ellen might remember that, or she might told them ...) ... although it's kinda indirect relation.

That and Sarah, Grace and Susan were told to seek Adrian out if needed (which Grace did). But yeah it would have been Nanase first because he did fight to protect Ellen, and despite not being successful, it's still enough for a good impression.

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That and Sarah, Grace and Susan were told to seek Adrian out if needed (which Grace did). But yeah it would have been Nanase first because he did fight to protect Ellen, and despite not being successful, it's still enough for a good impression.

Technically, Jerry never used the term "elf". Although it seems neither did Magus.

(The point being, if they used different terms it would make harder for Elliot to connect that.)

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Technically, Jerry never used the term "elf". Although it seems neither did Magus.

(The point being, if they used different terms it would make harder for Elliot to connect that.)

They would be going by what Nanase heard though and there's absolutely no reason she wouldn't have told Elliot everything that happened.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:15 AM, Tom Sewell said:

Say a typical question takes an average of three minutes to discuss; that's on the low end in my estimation, some questions will go faster, but some will take much longer. That's 20 per hour, or roughly 200 in a ten hour stint. If you devote a typical work week of five days to this project, you can ask 1000 questions a week. So it takes roughly two and a half months to ask these 10,000 questions. ... I suspect Susan may be incorporating hyperbole.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

They would be going by what Nanase heard though and there's absolutely no reason she wouldn't have told Elliot everything that happened.

She almost certainly would have told Ellen everything that happened. In great detail, and to the best of her recollection.

9 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
On 10/21/2019 at 7:15 AM, Tom Sewell said:

Say a typical question takes an average of three minutes to discuss; that's on the low end in my estimation, some questions will go faster, but some will take much longer. That's 20 per hour, or roughly 200 in a ten hour stint. If you devote a typical work week of five days to this project, you can ask 1000 questions a week. So it takes roughly two and a half months to ask these 10,000 questions. ... I suspect Susan may be incorporating hyperbole.

You can have more questions than you are able to actually ask in reasonable time. Although lot of those questions might be answered by same answers ... I mean, like you ask one question and the answer will answer not just that but several other questions you had on list.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
12 hours ago, Scotty said:

She almost certainly would have told Ellen everything that happened. In great detail, and to the best of her recollection.

(Imagined Nanase in military-style debriefing. Then imagined Nanase in "debriefing" with Ellen which didn't involved any discussion at all but was certainly also interesting.)

40 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You can have more questions than you are able to actually ask in reasonable time. Although lot of those questions might be answered by same answers ... I mean, like you ask one question and the answer will answer not just that but several other questions you had on list.

Or, your kids can ask, "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?". ... ""Are we there yet?" ... "Are we there yet" ...

24 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Or, your kids can ask, "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?", "Are we there yet?". ... ""Are we there yet?" ... "Are we there yet" ...

Another set of reusable questions would by "What? Are you serious? Really?"