• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Mon Nov 7, 2016

Here is

OK, I'm sure it's my lack of caffeine status right now, but Rhoda got taller.  So?   I assume that she getting taller, not just bigger means something, but we know you can do that, see "Playing with Dolls"  Or is it that her magic mark doesn't work that way?   Has she, in fact awakened due to using her mark a lot and thereby gotten some real size adjustment spells?  

43 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Here is

OK, I'm sure it's my lack of caffeine status right now, but Rhoda got taller.  So?   I assume that she getting taller, not just bigger means something, but we know you can do that, see "Playing with Dolls"  Or is it that her magic mark doesn't work that way?   Has she, in fact awakened due to using her mark a lot and thereby gotten some real size adjustment spells?  

It definitely seems like a separate spell from the "resizing" spell that her Mark granted--she's taking on proportions more appropriate to her new height as opposed to simply a scaled-up version of her regular self. This will help greatly in terms of "not attracting attention", since she will simply look like a tall girl instead of looking like an enlarged short girl. Dan said that scaling her up to be this tall would have meant a 75% increase in volume, so that means just over 20% increase in height, which would put a normally-five-feet-tall Rhoda just above six feet--tallish but not so tall as to be odd.

Anyway, if this is a separate spell, then Rhoda had Awakened without Pandora realizing it--and the fact that Rhoda knows that she can do this means that she's cast this particular spell before, so her Awakening was not today.

Sure, she is getting taller, but will she be a bit smaller than the height of the doorway, or hit the ceiling and, in turn, have minor lo-jinks?

So, no bag-of-holding pockets, she really just resized herself ... except apparently with different spell ...

16 hours ago, ijuin said:
17 hours ago, mlooney said:

Here is

It definitely seems like a separate spell from the "resizing" spell that her Mark granted--she's taking on proportions more appropriate to her new height as opposed to simply a scaled-up version of her regular self. This will help greatly in terms of "not attracting attention", since she will simply look like a tall girl instead of looking like an enlarged short girl. Dan said that scaling her up to be this tall would have meant a 75% increase in volume, so that means just over 20% increase in height, which would put a normally-five-feet-tall Rhoda just above six feet--tallish but not so tall as to be odd.

Anyway, if this is a separate spell, then Rhoda had Awakened without Pandora realizing it--and the fact that Rhoda knows that she can do this means that she's cast this particular spell before, so her Awakening was not today.

It technically MIGHT be just different application of her mark spell but yeah, it seems more likely to be different spell, especially considering she KNEW that this will resize clothes but wasn't sure about the spell used on Catalina.

So, seems she awakened. Which means she was resizing things A LOT. And that Pandora really underestimated her when she didn't even looked.