• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Friday, October 25, 2019

Since Ashley is a wizard, her being a tiny fairy is possible. She just needs to learn Nanase's spell. Though she also would need to train up first, as she doesn't have enough magical power to cast that spell yet.

Potential awkwardness resolved?
I thought this was EGS 

4 hours ago, Drasvin said:

She just needs to learn Nanase's spell. Though she also would need to train up first, as she doesn't have enough magical power to cast that spell yet.

Would a wand operating on the principle of Tedd's gauntlet allow Ashley access to a spell she has learned but can not yet power?

Nanase might be overcompensating for the fact that she was originally very suspicious of Ashley, I don't think Ashley even knew this though. In Ashley's mind, Nanase was already cool on the night of the griffins, Nanase does not have to prove anything further to her.

Just now, Drasvin said:

Since Ashley is a wizard, her being a tiny fairy is possible. She just needs to learn Nanase's spell. Though she also would need to train up first, as she doesn't have enough magical power to cast that spell yet.

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Would a wand operating on the principle of Tedd's gauntlet allow Ashley access to a spell she has learned but can not yet power?

There is the question of whether or not Nanase's fairy avatar is copyable, Andrea was excited to see it and stated that such a spell was very rare, that might mean that only certain people are able to use it or, maybe, like Sarah's spell, would have a high energy cost and be difficult for even Tedd to learn and, well, probably would need the gauntlet to cast it.

Failing that though, Susan has been implied to be able to go "first person mode" with her fairies as well so it might be more likely that Ashley could learn Susan's fairy spell.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Nanase might be overcompensating for the fact that she was originally very suspicious of Ashley, I don't think Ashley even knew this though. In Ashley's mind, Nanase was already cool on the night of the griffins, Nanase does not have to prove anything further to her.

Yeah, but Nanase doesn't know THAT.

8 hours ago, Drasvin said:

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There is the question of whether or not Nanase's fairy avatar is copyable, Andrea was excited to see it and stated that such a spell was very rare, that might mean that only certain people are able to use it or, maybe, like Sarah's spell, would have a high energy cost and be difficult for even Tedd to learn and, well, probably would need the gauntlet to cast it.

It MAY require lot of energy but I would assume it's also complicated and therefore hard to cast. Probably not directly uncopyable and I don't think TEDD would need the gauntlet to cast it but it might take him long to learn it ... and it would be even harder for Ashley.

Failing that though, Susan has been implied to be able to go "first person mode" with her fairies as well so it might be more likely that Ashley could learn Susan's fairy spell.

Yes. Her spell also has lots of moving parts but compared to Nanase's avatar with persistence I would assume it's easier to learn.

It's also likely that Tedd could develop a spell based on Susan's one but simpler.

In any case, I'm sure Kevin would appreciate Ashley has goal which both require quite a lot of effort to reach AND isn't about transformation.

... well, unless Tedd meets Rhoda and learns from her how to shrink humans to fairy size ... spell which actually transforms Ashley into fairy would then be possible and maybe even simpler. Or not. Hard to say.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, but Nanase doesn't know THAT.

No she doesn't, Ashley's probably going to have to tell her.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

... well, unless Tedd meets Rhoda and learns from her how to shrink humans to fairy size ... spell which actually transforms Ashley into fairy would then be possible and maybe even simpler. Or not. Hard to say.

Might be able to combine spells, like a spell to shrink down to fairy size, a transformation spell to give her fairy wings and a levitation spell to let her fly, all of which should be fairly easy compared to Susan's and Nanase's spells.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Might be able to combine spells, like a spell to shrink down to fairy size, a transformation spell to give her fairy wings and a levitation spell to let her fly, all of which should be fairly easy compared to Susan's and Nanase's spells.

It might be and it's exactly what I meant, but seriously we don't know nearly enough about magic to be sure about that. And I suspect at this point TEDD wouldn't know either. It's almost certain it's easier than Nanase's persistent avatar spell, because we know THAT one is rare, but comparing it to Susan's spell? Or to Susan's spell with some unnecessary parts removed? (I think that Susan's spell is more complicated that it needs to be simply due to how she obtained it.)