• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Monday, October 28, 2019

From the doorlike paneling, I suspect Grace and Tedd are standing just inside the front door in this comic, perhaps just before opening it to reveal Susan and Diane.

Or maybe pizza.

Or maybe a mystery guest or two.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Absolutely nothing to worry about!!

So nothing she's waiting in front of door instead of just having fun. Or checking the cake.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

From the doorlike paneling, I suspect Grace and Tedd are standing just inside the front door in this comic, perhaps just before opening it to reveal Susan and Diane.

Or maybe pizza.

Or maybe a mystery guest or two.

They will EXPECT Diane, though.

... so it will probably be Spanish inquisition.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

This is the start of Part 3 of Title Pending, which I have titled Untitled Party.

... ok, my conviction that we will actually get real title got little lower.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I think the scariness of a dragon with a chainsaw would largely depend on the size of the chainsaw and how well they can hold it. I suppose it would also depend on the alignment of the dragon, though it's possible a well meaning friendly dragon with a chainsaw could still be scary if they found it awkward to hold.

I think that dragon would be just as scary with or without chainsaw. Unless it's really small and stupid dragon, but Dan does mentions 20 feet ...

... also, it's really important if it's the dragon with two legs, two arms and two wings, or one who uses wings as hands, because holding chainsaw in those ...

(Note that there are dinosaurs with opposable fingers. Not speaking about lot of illustrations showing dragons with opposable thumbs, which have that little issue that it's not certain the illustrator actually saw any dragon.)

Practically, I think 20 feet is about as big a dragon that could actually fit inside Tedd's house, assuming around half that length is tail, wings can fold, and it's built more like a greyhound than that bulldog dragon we saw in Bringing Silly Back.

52 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Practically, I think 20 feet is about as big a dragon that could actually fit inside Tedd's house, assuming around half that length is tail, wings can fold, and it's built more like a greyhound than that bulldog dragon we saw in Bringing Silly Back.

That depends on your definition of "fit" and how sturdy the roof is. :)

... actually, certain definitions of "fit" make sturdiness of roof irrelevant (I don't think the whale was 20 feet long, but if it would be it wouldn't present any problem for it. ... or them?)

43 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

... so it will probably be Spanish inquisition.

Well now you are expecting them so you just ruined it. :demonicduck:

... you say it as if it would be bad thing ... :)

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Or the door leading to the basement. I suspect that a lot of doors in Tedd's house look like that so it's possible that they are in the kitchen.

So now we are going to have Chainsaw Wielding Dragons at the Party?

This may not be a bad thing
Especially if the Pizza on the way is particularly tough or rubbery

I'm a little tired right now, but has it been established in the comic if any regularly featured character is capable of, and inclined to, chainsaw juggling?
I want to say Akiko, but I'm not entirely certain

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:
12 hours ago, Dan said:

This is the start of Part 3 of Title Pending, which I have titled Untitled Party.

... ok, my conviction that we will actually get real title got little lower.

Meh.  I've assumed that "Title Pending" is the title of this arc for a while.  I would be very surprised if The Dan goes back and changes it at some later date.

Just now, mlooney said:

Meh.  I've assumed that "Title Pending" is the title of this arc for a while.  I would be very surprised if The Dan goes back and changes it at some later date.

Dan's even hinted that he may break up the story into smaller parts too cus we're at page 80 and just starting part 3.

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So now we are going to have Chainsaw Wielding Dragons at the Party?

This may not be a bad thing
Especially if the Pizza on the way is particularly tough or rubbery

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe a Teenage Chainsaw Wielding Dragon?

Well Ellen is already there ... however she's not 20 feet tall in her dragon form.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Dan's even hinted that he may break up the story into smaller parts too cus we're at page 80 and just starting part 3.

That doesn't answer if he will or won't later change the title.

No, what "title pending 3" is referring to is that Nanase will be made a Princess, Elliot will be made a Knight, and Tedd will be made a Lead Researcher - all three of them will get titles.

:link:

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

No, what "title pending 3" is referring to is that Nanase will be made a Princess, Elliot will be made a Knight

I don't think it will work. Elliot has no reason why he should be saving Nanase from Ellen. (Although ... there might already be modern fairy tales like that.)

Also, only way someone can be made a Princess is to marry Prince ... or her mother marrying King. Or father Queen. Nanase is more likely to discover she always has been Princess.

(Hmmm ... is the Prince/Princess really supposed to be capitalized?)

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, only way someone can be made a Princess is to marry Prince ... or her mother marrying King. Or father Queen.

Or, you can learn a really powerful spell and transform into an alicorn. At least, I've heard that's how it works in Equestria.

(Disclaimer: I only watched the first three seasons and a few episodes of the fourth of Friendship is Magic, and it's been years since I watched it at all, so my information may be incomplete.)

15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

only way someone can be made a Princess is to marry Prince ... or her mother marrying King. Or father Queen. Nanase is more likely to discover she always has been Princess.

Still more likely than some other options

In the history of the United States, a dozen American women have married Princes or Kings
Only four have ever served on the US Supreme Court

9 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

When did Tedd develop an academic or professional scientific interest in metallurgy?

Anyway, lead is boring. Everybody knows that polonium is where it's at.

*cough* post-transuranic *cough*

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, only way someone can be made a Princess is to marry Prince ... or her mother marrying King. Or father Queen.

Or, you can learn a really powerful spell and transform into an alicorn. At least, I've heard that's how it works in Equestria.

(Disclaimer: I only watched the first three seasons and a few episodes of the fourth of Friendship is Magic, and it's been years since I watched it at all, so my information may be incomplete.)

I'm not surprised it works differently in Equestria. In fact, I would assume there is some error in translation there ... the word "princess" seems to have completely different definition there.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

only way someone can be made a Princess is to marry Prince ... or her mother marrying King. Or father Queen. Nanase is more likely to discover she always has been Princess.

Still more likely than some other options

In the history of the United States, a dozen American women have married Princes or Kings
Only four have ever served on the US Supreme Court

And none so far became presidents.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:10 AM, hkmaly said:

Also, only way someone can be made a Princess is to marry Prince ... or her mother marrying King. Or father Queen. Nanase is more likely to discover she always has been Princess.

According to Disney, to qualify as an official Princess, one must be born royal, marry royal, or perform an act of heroism.  (That last is generally acknowledged to have been added for Mulan.)  They also have to be human or human-like, be a protagonist in a feature (which must be completely animated, no live-action segments allowed), and not introduced in a sequel.  Many of these rules seem to exist to explain why other potential Disney princesses don't qualify (Giselle, Alice, Wendy Darling, Maid Marian, Jane Porter, Jessie, Vanellope, etc.)

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Many of these rules seem to exist to explain why other potential Disney princesses don't qualify (Giselle, Alice, Wendy Darling, Maid Marian, Jane Porter, Jessie, Vanellope, etc.)

... Leia Organa ...

Wait, what disqualifies Vanellope?

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

Also, this unfortunately leaves out girls who, while fulfilling every other requirement for Princessdom, live in a Republic.

... oh, ninja'd. Wait, no ... who YOU speak about? Because Leia was ruled out by not being born royal (adopted) and not animated. And, depending how you count it, possibly the sequel bit.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for Alice?  It can be difficult to assert your claim to be a Princess while the Queen is actively attempting to take your head

Disagree. Queen actively attempting to take your head is normal occupation hazard for Princesses.