• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Monday, October 28, 2019

15 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

According to Disney, to qualify as an official Princess, one must be born royal, marry royal, or perform an act of heroism.  (That last is generally acknowledged to have been added for Mulan.)  They also have to be human or human-like, be a protagonist in a feature (which must be completely animated, no live-action segments allowed), and not introduced in a sequel.  Many of these rules seem to exist to explain why other potential Disney princesses don't qualify (Giselle, Alice, Wendy Darling, Maid Marian, Jane Porter, Jessie, Vanellope, etc.)

While they might not be part of the "Disney Princess" merchandising franchise (or so I assume, I haven't checked), Vanellope was welcomed as one of their own by the other Disney Princesses in Wreck It Ralph 2, and if I remember correctly, Alice counted as a Princess in Kingdom Hearts.

19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is there any consensus as to what rank or title Maid Marian actually held?

As for Alice?  It can be difficult to assert your claim to be a Princess while the Queen is actively attempting to take your head

I thought that trying to kill each other was a family tradition in most royal lines!

18 hours ago, ijuin said:

Also, this unfortunately leaves out girls who, while fulfilling every other requirement for Princessdom, live in a Republic.

That's where the "act of heroism" comes in.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... Leia Organa ...

Wait, what disqualifies Vanellope?

... oh, ninja'd. Wait, no ... who YOU speak about? Because Leia was ruled out by not being born royal (adopted) and not animated. And, depending how you count it, possibly the sequel bit.

How could I forget Princess Leia?  And she *is* born daughter to Queen Emeritus Amidala, as well as being an adopted Princess (or did she get elected to that position?) so it's only being live-action that keeps her out. I don't think Disney would *dare* claim adoption doesn't count.

I must confess I haven't seen the movie Vanellope is in yet, so I can't comment on her.

16 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
On 11/8/2019 at 1:08 AM, CritterKeeper said:

According to Disney, to qualify as an official Princess, one must be born royal, marry royal, or perform an act of heroism.  (That last is generally acknowledged to have been added for Mulan.)  They also have to be human or human-like, be a protagonist in a feature (which must be completely animated, no live-action segments allowed), and not introduced in a sequel.  Many of these rules seem to exist to explain why other potential Disney princesses don't qualify (Giselle, Alice, Wendy Darling, Maid Marian, Jane Porter, Jessie, Vanellope, etc.)

While they might not be part of the "Disney Princess" merchandising franchise (or so I assume, I haven't checked), Vanellope was welcomed as one of their own by the other Disney Princesses in Wreck It Ralph 2, and if I remember correctly, Alice counted as a Princess in Kingdom Hearts.

Pocket Princesses, which are unfortunately not  endorsed by Disney, include both Vanellope and Leia.

11 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Because Leia was ruled out by not being born royal (adopted) and not animated. And, depending how you count it, possibly the sequel bit.

How could I forget Princess Leia?  And she *is* born daughter to Queen Emeritus Amidala, as well as being an adopted Princess (or did she get elected to that position?) so it's only being live-action that keeps her out. I don't think Disney would *dare* claim adoption doesn't count.

Queen Emeritus Amidala however WAS elected and was no more Queen when she had Leia.

And considering what happened to Alderaan, Disney might get away with that claim.