• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story, Wednesday, Oct 30, 2019

http://egscomics.com/comic/party-081

Ok. Ashley, your time for fun is up. I suspect it will get more serious now.

Now, based on panel 5, Diane did NOT expected Tedd will be girl but recovered quite quickly.

Also, yes, there is nothing remarkable on what Tedd is wearing. It's almost as if Dan wanted something he can draw quickly :)

However, I think that Nanase changed her hair more than Tedd. Also, there is LOT of hair changes in EGS ...

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Now, based on panel 5, Diane did NOT expected Tedd will be girl but recovered quite quickly.

I think Diane also could tell that Tedd was nervous, which was the main reason she decided to compliment her hair, making Tedd feel more comfortable and removing the fear of being judged.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Has Tedd been developing a Super Saiyan form?

Does Sensei Greg know about this?

I think she doesn't and Sensei Greg doesn't like it ... but he would want to reach such form himself anyway.

I would be surprised if Susan hadn't mentioned that one of her friends was gender-fluid and might be a girl, it would be a pretty big omission. And Diane's introspection has helped her realize that she's been a bit of a jerk previously, so she's probably trying to be friendly and considerate. Not really surprising it turned out well

3 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

I would be surprised if Susan hadn't mentioned that one of her friends was gender-fluid and might be a girl, it would be a pretty big omission.

I would be surprised if she had. It is poor manners to out your friends to people they do not know without permission.

This whole sequence bothers me a little. I wish Tedd had spoken up about her concerns. They would have been a valid reason to say no to Diane coming. Not saying that she should have said no, just that it seems to me like Tedd got pressured into accepting her coming.

11 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

it seems to me like Tedd got pressured into accepting her coming

Tedd was certainly pressured into admitting Diane to the party

The sequence of events leading up to the call from Susan left Tedd in a situation where there were valid reasons for giving either a "Yes" or "No" answer, and plenty of reasons why either answer would have been the wrong answer

Will every body spend the rest of the night attempting to behave in such a way that will avoid offending anybody and, at best, become a comedy of manners?
Or will this party expand on the original theme and welcome two new spellcasters into the wonderful world of magic?

8 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
11 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

I would be surprised if Susan hadn't mentioned that one of her friends was gender-fluid and might be a girl, it would be a pretty big omission.

I would be surprised if she had. It is poor manners to out your friends to people they do not know without permission.

Yes, that too. Also, as already mentioned, I think Diane doesn't have enough experience with Tedd to realize she will likely be girl.

(And if she did, she was essentially giving her possibility to transform to boy and keep the gender-fluidity secret by calling in advance.)

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Tedd was certainly pressured into admitting Diane to the party

The sequence of events leading up to the call from Susan left Tedd in a situation where there were valid reasons for giving either a "Yes" or "No" answer, and plenty of reasons why either answer would have been the wrong answer

Yes, certainly.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Will every body spend the rest of the night attempting to behave in such a way that will avoid offending anybody and, at best, become a comedy of manners?
Or will this party expand on the original theme and welcome two new spellcasters into the wonderful world of magic?

Possibly both?

But I'm sure Ashley would have more fun without Diane coming.

On 11/1/2019 at 2:19 AM, hkmaly said:

But I'm sure Ashley would have more fun without Diane coming.

I think she would be open to the changes that Justin sees.

7 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I think she would be open to the changes that Justin sees.

I suddenly had an amusing though, both Nanase and Diane have changed their hair since Ashley had last seen them:

Ashley: looks at Diane and Susan, then turns to Nanase: "I'm sorry! Even with her haircut, she's still recognizable just for the fact that she looks like Susan!"