• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The "legal problem" you mentioned would also be biased ; there are LOT of people tested for paternity, BUT if the test succeed OR if they are not persistent enough, the additional testing if they are chimeras may never happen.

The mothers would have sufficient reason to persist.

I am curious though, why didn't someone check the birth record? They have some ID information; blood type, our kids had foot prints, maybe finger prints. Eye and hair color change, I think.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Or, well, maybe it IS something flaky called test ... the page mentions people who have blood containing two different blood types. This specific type of chimerism, no matter if rare or common between chimeras in general, would be MUCH more likely to be found.

That seems like it would be cheaper and easier to test for. I wouldn't call it flaky if they didn't over-generalize the conclusion; acknowledged it's a specific subset.

21 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The "legal problem" you mentioned would also be biased ; there are LOT of people tested for paternity, BUT if the test succeed OR if they are not persistent enough, the additional testing if they are chimeras may never happen.

The mothers would have sufficient reason to persist.

Reason, yes. Would still need willpower to persist until they find out about the chimera possibility and convince someone to test them.

I am curious though, why didn't someone check the birth record? They have some ID information; blood type, our kids had foot prints, maybe finger prints. Eye and hair color change, I think.

They might not - like, the amount of information recorded can vary. Or maybe they didn't find it or suspected it's incorrect / fake.

21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Or, well, maybe it IS something flaky called test ... the page mentions people who have blood containing two different blood types. This specific type of chimerism, no matter if rare or common between chimeras in general, would be MUCH more likely to be found.

That seems like it would be cheaper and easier to test for. I wouldn't call it flaky if they didn't over-generalize the conclusion; acknowledged it's a specific subset.

Yes, exactly.