• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Monday November 25, 2019

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

It's not your fault. It's just the way things were. They might even become that way in the future again, for all I know. It will just take time.

It's about feeling the weight of our f'ed up politics and realizing the impact is even greater than I was imagining. Thanks, Tox News.

17 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Coward :)

Heh. I live where the NSA scarfs everything and stores it forever. I think I have good reason to be paranoid. Or, as they say, "You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you."

I live on that place too. It's called "Earth".

I just think that I'm already on the list so I don't need to worry to get there twice.

17 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

What does Digital Millennium Copyright Act mean outside the US? Does it even matter to you?

Unfortunately, almost whole internet behaves like if controlled by US.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I just think that I'm already on the list so I don't need to worry to get there twice.

Ooo, just like that seasonal song,

"They're making a list, they're checking it twice,

they're gonna find out if you're naughty or nice,

the NSA has bugged your home town."

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Ooo, just like that seasonal song,

"They're making a list, they're checking it twice,

they're gonna find out if you're naughty or nice,

the NSA has bugged your home town."

Yesterday upon a stair
I met a man who wasn't there
he wasn't there again today
I think he's from the NSA...

-- with thanks to MAD Magazine

50 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Yesterday upon a stair
I met a man who wasn't there
he wasn't there again today
I think he's from the NSA...

-- with thanks to MAD Magazine

I think it was CIA. I had that issue, it was at least fifty years ago. That was my Daily Show when I was little. Unlike it's competitors, such as Cracked, and lesser ones I don't recall, MAD tackled serious issues. I looked at a few in the 90's but they had lost their way.

14 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I think it was CIA. I had that issue, it was at least fifty years ago. That was my Daily Show when I was little. Unlike it's competitors, such as Cracked, and lesser ones I don't recall, MAD tackled serious issues. I looked at a few in the 90's but they had lost their way.

It might well have been. My own MAD Magazine era was in the 70s and early 80s. It still had some pretty political stances then. I think its finest hour was back when the Superman movie came out and Warner made the disastrous mistake of asking the people working at MAD to go easy on it. It resulted in them doing a triple size satire of it with extra loving care and attention to detail.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

It might well have been. My own MAD Magazine era was in the 70s and early 80s. It still had some pretty political stances then. I think its finest hour was back when the Superman movie came out and Warner made the disastrous mistake of asking the people working at MAD to go easy on it. It resulted in them doing a triple size satire of it with extra loving care and attention to detail.

I had from the early 60s to around the summer of 73. When I went off to school and working, I lost interest, then my parents moved and must have tossed them when they were house cleaning.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I had from the early 60s to around the summer of 73. When I went off to school and working, I lost interest, then my parents moved and must have tossed them when they were house cleaning.

Too bad, they would have been fun to reread today.

Parents

The eternal nemesis of Comics and other collectables

Strange how Mom's collection of Salt & Pepper shakers, and Dad's collection bottle labels from all the beer varieties he drank in the Army were never in danger
Just the kid's stuff was somehow vulnerable

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Parents

Strange how Mom's collection of Salt & Pepper shakers, and Dad's collection bottle labels from all the beer varieties he drank in the Army were never in danger
Just the kid's stuff was somehow vulnerable

To be fair, the child losing interest is part of the problem as well. I managed to protect all my collectables. I think. Ok, I didn't saw some of them for some time ... and was definitely glad when I found some (actually, most, probably) comics I was collecting on internet so I can have them stored digitally.

Meanwhile, considerable part of Mom's collection of comics was damaged by water, and THOSE are hard to find online - even the ones I cared about.

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I wonder how many copies of Action Comics #1 succumbed to this menace.

I wonder how many parents later realized they thrown away something with price in thousands of dollars.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

To be fair, the child losing interest is part of the problem as well. I managed to protect all my collectables. I think. Ok, I didn't saw some of them for some time ... and was definitely glad when I found some (actually, most, probably) on internet so I can have them stored digitally.

Meanwhile, considerable part of Mom's collection of comics was damaged by water, and THOSE are hard to find online - even the ones I cared about.

I wonder how many parents later realized they thrown away something with price in thousands of dollars.

When she was not using it and it had become clutter, my dad busted up my grandmother's hand crank Victrola record player for fire wood in the late sixties. Even though I was not into antiques, I knew with a bit of effort, he could have found a buyer. But, you know, what's a young teen know when you have a plan.

That was the worst item I recall suffering this fate, but little was safe from being fed into her stove.