• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
jmucchiello

Monday, November 25, 2019

http://egscomics.com/comic/party-091

So, how many days long is this dream sequence going to be? Have to say, I'm digging "Cool as F---, Sarah".

Is this the longest time "Title Pending" has lasted? I forget. Did Dan say there were reasons for the pending nature of the title or is it just he doesn't know what to call it?

I find it odd that Dan comments about dolly Ashley being similar to original Barbie when the pose she is in would have been impossible for original Barbie to make. Those original dolls had very low range of motion.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

One of these days, Sarah needs to canonically indulge in her evil side

The non-canon/fantasy "Evil Sarah" appearances are just too interesting

I think Dan is using the tension between Sarah being tempted and resisting temptation as a way to make her almost believably  imperfect without adding the extra plot complications of her actually doing bad things.

6 hours ago, jmucchiello said:

I find it odd that Dan comments about dolly Ashley being similar to original Barbie when the pose she is in would have been impossible for original Barbie to make. Those original dolls had very low range of motion.

Diane actually liked being called "Barbie" when she was six. Presumably she didn't know then that the Barbie doll is based on a German doll named Lilli, a high-class call girl in a comic of the 1950s.

I wonder who just snatched the wand from Sarah's hand in the last panel? Elliot coming to Ashley's rescue? Now that I think about it, the first panel has Ashley reiterating that Sarah is Elliot's ex-girlfriend so would she imagine Elliot reinforcing the fact that he's with Ashley now? In a happy ending type fantasy possibly, but if Ashley's having an anxiety moment here then she's probably more likely to imagine Elliot laughing alongside Sarah, so I hope this isn't the case.

Other possibility is that it's Grace coming to Ashley's aid which makes more sense considering they just recently hit it off pretty well (there's also this too) and Ashley probably feels like she can trust Grace to have her back now so imagining her coming to Ashley's aid fits and Ashley doesn't really know how closeknit everyone is yet (especially in terms of Sarah, Grace and Tedd) so she's kinda thinking worse case scenario with Sarah being the jealous ex. I wonder if Sarah will tell Ashley that she was the same way about Nanase for a while.

12 hours ago, jmucchiello said:

So, how many days long is this dream sequence going to be?

This one will probably end in next comics. Of course, it won't be last one.

12 hours ago, jmucchiello said:

Is this the longest time "Title Pending" has lasted? I forget. Did Dan say there were reasons for the pending nature of the title or is it just he doesn't know what to call it?

I think we have just one example of "Title Pending" before this, and that was "Family Tree". Not sure if it was shorter than this when the name was revealed, but suspect it was.

9 hours ago, Haylo said:
11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

One of these days, Sarah needs to canonically indulge in her evil side

The non-canon/fantasy "Evil Sarah" appearances are just too interesting

I think Dan is using the tension between Sarah being tempted and resisting temptation as a way to make her almost believably  imperfect without adding the extra plot complications of her actually doing bad things.

Character which is not tempted would definitely be unrealistic, given what's happening in EGS ...

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I wonder who just snatched the wand from Sarah's hand in the last panel? Elliot coming to Ashley's rescue? Now that I think about it, the first panel has Ashley reiterating that Sarah is Elliot's ex-girlfriend so would she imagine Elliot reinforcing the fact that he's with Ashley now? In a happy ending type fantasy possibly, but if Ashley's having an anxiety moment here then she's probably more likely to imagine Elliot laughing alongside Sarah, so I hope this isn't the case.

I don't think Ashley is having an anxiety moment. I think she's really into it.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I wonder if Sarah will tell Ashley that she was the same way about Nanase for a while.

Sarah was and likely still IS much more jealous of Nanase. She also has good reasons for that ... waaait ... I mean, wait for how jealous Ashley will be when she finds out what kind of spell Sarah has.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I think we have just one example of "Title Pending" before this, and that was "Family Tree". Not sure if it was shorter than this when the name was revealed, but suspect it was.

I think Dan stated keeping it unnamed at least until the actual mention of Noriko....actually, that page's commentary states that Dan named it Family Tree to make readers think it was about Diane and Susan, but I haven't been able to find any page where Dan actually stated the story's title had been revealed, but my best 2 guesses are either when it was revealed that Diane and Susan were born 20 minutes apart, or when Jerry/Zeus stopped Diane from drinking the punch as a favor to "her sister", a third guess could be when Nanase made the connection but I'm thinking that's a bit late in the story to actually be useful as a red herring considering the moment Diane met Jerry/Zeus would have been more than enough to get readers believing.

It's entirely possible that Dan stealth updated the dropdown/archives and readers would have only noticed the change at the time they loaded the comic.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Sarah was and likely still IS much more jealous of Nanase.

I don't think she's jealous of Nanase anymore, even about the magic boobs bit, Sarah was comfortable enough to go to Nanase for advice in breaking up with Elliot after all. If anything Sarah might still be hung up on Elliot being more impulsive and taking initiative with Ashley than he ever did with her.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I mean, wait for how jealous Ashley will be when she finds out what kind of spell Sarah has.

She might be more vocal about it, but she can't be more jealous of that spell than Susan.

On 11/26/2019 at 2:22 AM, Scotty said:
On 11/26/2019 at 1:18 AM, hkmaly said:

I think Dan stated keeping it unnamed at least until the actual mention of Noriko....actually, that page's commentary states that Dan named it Family Tree to make readers think it was about Diane and Susan, but I haven't been able to find any page where Dan actually stated the story's title had been revealed, but my best 2 guesses are either when it was revealed that Diane and Susan were born 20 minutes apart, or when Jerry/Zeus stopped Diane from drinking the punch as a favor to "her sister", a third guess could be when Nanase made the connection but I'm thinking that's a bit late in the story to actually be useful as a red herring considering the moment Diane met Jerry/Zeus would have been more than enough to get readers believing.

It's entirely possible that Dan stealth updated the dropdown/archives and readers would have only noticed the change at the time they loaded the comic.

Sigh ... ok, I'll look .... "that's how nerds starts" had still "Title Pending" when it went online. "Elliot, are you still vulnerable" had Family Tree. Stealthy indeed. I mean, sure, it's mentioned in the commentary, but nothing important happened between those two.

Sarah was and likely still IS much more jealous of Nanase.

I don't think she's jealous of Nanase anymore, even about the magic boobs bit, Sarah was comfortable enough to go to Nanase for advice in breaking up with Elliot after all. If anything Sarah might still be hung up on Elliot being more impulsive and taking initiative with Ashley than he ever did with her.

I'm not sure if TEDD got over his jealousy. Sarah? No way. Although she might be more jealous of Ashley now ...

I mean, wait for how jealous Ashley will be when she finds out what kind of spell Sarah has.

She might be more vocal about it, but she can't be more jealous of that spell than Susan.

Probably ... however, I think she would use the spell more. In fact ... Susan is at least aware of the danger of addiction, Ashley would be seriously in danger.

52 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Sigh ... ok, I'll look .... "that's how nerds starts" had still "Title Pending" when it went online. "Elliot, are you still vulnerable" had Family Tree. Stealthy indeed. I mean, sure, it's mentioned in the commentary, but nothing important happened between those two.

Ok, I was expecting to find mention of the title when the subject of Diane and Susan hinted at being related came up so I only looked for those moments, I mean, here could have been a possible time to change it too.

Yay for starburst background in panel three! (Almost a sunburst, but I think the lack of a well-defined circle at the center disqualifies it.)

On 11/25/2019 at 8:45 PM, hkmaly said:

I'm not sure if TEDD got over his jealousy. Sarah? No way. Although she might be more jealous of Ashley now ...

I'm curious what you're referring to with Tedd... Unfortunately, your "link" doesn't go anywhere...