• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Ok so it was Elliot, just didn't expect it'd be this way, still this is more the happy ending fantasy I hoped for.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Rhoda really should have come to the party.

Yeah cus I imagine Tedd's answer to Ashley question would be "yes, but currently it can only shrink you to 79% size, which is a lot, but nowhere near the size of say, Nanase's fairy avatar."

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yeah cus I imagine Tedd's answer to Ashley question would be "yes, but currently it can only shrink you to 79% size, which is a lot, but nowhere near the size of say, Nanase's fairy avatar."

Maybe Tedd's fairy godmother will offer a correction? (Grace probably doesn't know how much Rhoda can shrink.)

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe Tedd's fairy godmother will offer a correction? (Grace probably doesn't know how much Rhoda can shrink.)

Grace might offhandedly mention Rhoda before realizing that Diane is right there, and then we'll get into Grace telling Diane how she suspects Rhoda of having magic but haven't been able to think of a good way to confirm it and then Diane would convince her to just ask anyway.

That probably won't happen but then I'm still pretty sure the main reason Grace getting excited for Diane coming to the party was Rhoda related.

Just a random idea.  This is the 2nd time that Ashley has had a fantasy about being shrunk.  Yeah, she needs to meet up with Rhoda real soon, otherwise she is going to be "stuck" with the ~79% thing that Tedd can do.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

She will not settle down and learn what she can do with magic if she keeps indulging in fantasies of what she might do with magic, or what others might do to her

I disagree. Dan has given us multiple examples of how what a spellcaster pictures in their mind can affect the result of the spell. Or, in other words, fantasizing. The very first comic in this arc featured Ashley having a fantasy about casting transformation spells, and feeling guilty about the fantasy. And that was foreshadowed way back in Marker; it was the reason Pandora held back on giving Ashley a transformation spell. I say "held back" because Pandora revealed earlier she was not as restricted as most Immortals were in choosing spells to grant to mortals. I'd say the basic theme of Title Pending is "Ashley learns how to deal with her fantasies."

Speaking of fantasizing, let's hope Sarah isn't slacking off. Remember the clog? Pandora said she wasn't going to see her son until "Saturday" the last time she talked to Sarah. Then with all the big bites Sarah had been taking out of ambient magic would have made it safe enough for Adrian to take down the "dam". But Pandora didn't see her son on Saturday because she reset that Friday evening. Since then, we haven't seen Sarah using her spell--but she hasn't given any indication she's lost the ability to use it or that it's become harder. So the dam seems to still be in place. Could be that Pandora held off showing Adrian how to take down the dam until she was sure it would be safe--but, vampires!

Having the dam clogging things up could be plot-convenient. Ashley is probably even weaker than Sarah for magical power now, so the higher level of ambient magic around Moperville looks pretty much a prerequisite for her training. And the higher ambient magic will continue to draw monsters and aberrations like a bug-zapper, providing work for the best monster hunters around the world...

Edited by Tom Sewell
"hunters", not "hungers". Spell-check will never be perfect.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Rhoda really should have come to the party.

Given that Tedd CANT read her mind, he might mention the limits but probably not the avatar. Or, maybe he won't mention the limits and Ashley would get shrunk and then be disappointed ...

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
12 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Grace might offhandedly mention Rhoda before realizing that Diane is right there, and then we'll get into Grace telling Diane how she suspects Rhoda of having magic but haven't been able to think of a good way to confirm it and then Diane would convince her to just ask anyway.

That probably won't happen but then I'm still pretty sure the main reason Grace getting excited for Diane coming to the party was Rhoda related.

... which raises question how offhanded her mention of Rhoda will actually be.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

She will not settle down and learn what she can do with magic if she keeps indulging in fantasies of what she might do with magic, or what others might do to her

I disagree. Dan has given us multiple examples of how what a spellcaster pictures in their mind can affect the result of the spell. Or, in other words, fantasizing. The very first comic in this arc featured Ashley having a fantasy about casting transformation spells, and feeling guilty about the fantasy. And that was foreshadowed way back in Marker; it was the reason Pandora held back on giving Ashley a transformation spell. I say "held back" because Pandora revealed earlier she was not as restricted as most Immortals were in choosing spells to grant to mortals. I'd say the basic theme of Title Pending is "Ashley learns how to deal with her fantasies."

... that would be quite long title.

Speaking of fantasizing, let's hope Sarah isn't slacking off. Remember the clog? Pandora said she wasn't going to see her son until "Saturday" the last time she talked to Sarah. Then with all the big bites Sarah had been taking out of ambient magic would have made it safe enough for Adrian to take down the "dam". But Pandora didn't see her son on Saturday because she reset that Friday evening. Since then, we haven't seen Sarah using her spell--but she hasn't given any indication she's lost the ability to use it or that it's become harder. So the dam seems to still be in place. Could be that Pandora held off showing Adrian how to take down the dam until she was sure it would be safe--but, vampires!

I think Adrian knows HOW to take down the dam ... except he also needs to know WHERE to do it. Which the GRIFFINS know.

And with state Adrian is in, even if he already knew everything necessary to take down the "dam" it's possible he wouldn't do it ... hopefully he gets better before griffins return.

Having the dam clogging things up could be plot-convenient. Ashley is probably even weaker than Sarah for magical power now, so the higher level of ambient magic around Moperville looks pretty much a prerequisite for her training. And the higher ambient magic will continue to draw monsters and aberrations like a bug-zapper, providing work for the best monster hunters around the world...

Probably? Ashley is DEFINITELY weaker than Sarah ... on the other hand, she is not restricted to single extremely energy-hungry spell, so she may be closer to be able to cast something without ambient magic than Sarah. It would still help her a lot, though, and yes, I totally expect the plot will take advantage of bug-zapper effect of the dam ...

Just now, hkmaly said:

Given that Tedd CANT read her mind, he might mention the limits but probably not the avatar. Or, maybe he won't mention the limits and Ashley would get shrunk and then be disappointed ...

What does mind reading have to do with this? Ashley asking about shrink spells, it be easy for Tedd to think Ashley might be expecting fairy doll size results given that Nanase had just recently showed off being a fairy to Ashley so there's a known size and so it'd seem practical to just make it known that she can't go that small at this time in case Ashley was expecting it.

Just now, hkmaly said:

... which raises question how offhanded her mention of Rhoda will actually be.

Considering she went all out with Ashley...she might just do the same with Diane the first chance she gets. It might be an accidental thing though like Diane says something that makes Grace think that Diane knows even though she doesn't and then Diane will start suspecting Rhoda of having magic and be like "we must find out!"

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

What does mind reading have to do with this?

In Marker, Pandora said that she could give Ashley a spell to magically share feelings. That suggests that Ashley does have the potential to access other minds. Maybe Ashley is the one who should be wearing the Counsellor Troi uniform. Ashley already has an overabundance of empathy; it wouldn't be such a stretch to give that empathy magical amplification.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

In Marker, Pandora said that she could give Ashley a spell to magically share feelings. That suggests that Ashley does have the potential to access other minds. Maybe Ashley is the one who should be wearing the Counsellor Troi uniform. Ashley already has an overabundance of empathy; it wouldn't be such a stretch to give that empathy magical amplification.

She said she could, but didn't because it wasn't something that had the potential to create a scene which Pandora was prevented from giving her due to how good Ashley is.

21 hours ago, Scotty said:
On 11/28/2019 at 0:39 AM, hkmaly said:

I was referring to the fact that Tedd wouldn't be aware of what Ashley thinks about - specifically, the fantasy we just saw.

Ashley asking about shrink spells, it be easy for Tedd to think Ashley might be expecting fairy doll size results given that Nanase had just recently showed off being a fairy to Ashley so there's a known size and so it'd seem practical to just make it known that she can't go that small at this time in case Ashley was expecting it.

Did Tedd even noticed how Nanase was showing her fairy to Ashley?

16 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

In Marker, Pandora said that she could give Ashley a spell to magically share feelings.

But not because of talent.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Did Tedd even noticed how Nanase was showing her fairy to Ashley?

Admittedly, not 100% sure, as the page directly after Nanase shows Ashley the fairy, Tedd is talking to Elliot, they appear to be still in the same room though (given they're standing by the curtained doorway by the stairs), so I can't be entirely certain that Tedd didn't see the exchange between Ashley and Nanase if she happened to be facing towards them.