• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Monday December 2, 2019

I'm trying to remember... going to look... yeah, the first time the goo showed up it was destroyed pretty much single-handedly by Elliot. With a lighter he got from a one-time-appearance character. Tedd's only contribution was the suggestion to acquire the lighter - for a plan that didn't work (for reasons that should have put the principal of the school in prison).

And the second time, the goo was destroyed (and "objective failed") before Tedd even got there. All the main characters except Tedd and Elliot were involved.

The goo thought its objective was to destroy Tedd. We're theorizing that the true objective was to strengthen Tedd. Either way, "objective failed" would at least appear to be correct in the short term. (One could argue that by drawing his friends and friends-of-friends closer, it indirectly strengthened him. But that would not have been immediately apparent to anyone who wasn't already familiar with most of the group.)

43 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

One could argue that by drawing his friends and friends-of-friends closer, it indirectly strengthened him. But that would not have been immediately apparent to anyone who wasn't already familiar with most of the group.

That wouldn't be immediately apparent to anyone who didn't already knew Nanase is going to get guardian form, Ellen dragon power, Elliot superhero spell and Susan is descendant of Pandora. In short, anyone who would have more information than the borderline psychic Pandora herself at that point.

Also, I don't think General Shade Tail would count this indirect strengthening even if he WOULD know all of that.

Granted, the goo incident probably played role in Tedd eventually developing his gauntlet, which General Shade Tail WOULD count.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:
4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

One could argue that by drawing his friends and friends-of-friends closer, it indirectly strengthened him. But that would not have been immediately apparent to anyone who wasn't already familiar with most of the group.

That wouldn't be immediately apparent to anyone who didn't already knew Nanase is going to get guardian form, Ellen dragon power, Elliot superhero spell and Susan is descendant of Pandora.

I would disagree with that as stated. Anyone who had been observing everyone before then - no prediction of the future needed - would know that Elliot, Nanase, Greg, Susan, and Grace have powers, might have known that Justin has powers, and would know that Sarah has a strong will. Drawing the group closer to each other would indirectly strengthen Tedd just on that basis.

However, I doubt that Lord Tedd or General Shadetail had been paying attention to more than two of those people when they weren't actually with Tedd - and I don't think any of them had shown their powers in Tedd's presence. Quite possibly none of them.

Given that Susan and Nanase both spent very little time around Tedd prior to that point (Nanase said "It's common sense not to"), then I would expect interdimensional observers would not know much about them. Elliot is the only friend of Tedd's who had displayed powers in his presence at that time (Tamashii Gekido, and other ASMA-derived abilities prior to Awakening).

17 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I would disagree with that as stated. Anyone who had been observing everyone before then - no prediction of the future needed - would know that Elliot, Nanase, Greg, Susan, and Grace have powers, might have known that Justin has powers, and would know that Sarah has a strong will. Drawing the group closer to each other would indirectly strengthen Tedd just on that basis.

13 hours ago, ijuin said:

Given that Susan and Nanase both spent very little time around Tedd prior to that point (Nanase said "It's common sense not to"), then I would expect interdimensional observers would not know much about them. Elliot is the only friend of Tedd's who had displayed powers in his presence at that time (Tamashii Gekido, and other ASMA-derived abilities prior to Awakening).

Exactly - and on top of that, Susan likely wasn't using her powers much even when NOT around Tedd, Ellen's only attack didn't looked useful in fight, Grace only started to learn how to use her powers ...

... ok, what I said might be little TOO much, it's true that even less strong abilities would help, but still, at that point it wasn't exactly obvious even to people who hanged around them regularly ... or to the future main eight itself.

17 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

However, I doubt that Lord Tedd or General Shadetail had been paying attention to more than two of those people when they weren't actually with Tedd - and I don't think any of them had shown their powers in Tedd's presence. Quite possibly none of them.

And, yes, Lord Tedd and General Shade Tail certainly didn't spend SO much time looking at them.

Probably the best of their abilities they saw was the battle with Goo itself, and frankly, I don't think the main eight shown much ability there. It's possible the Goo would win if it didn't panicked seeing Grace's antennae.