• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

The next NP story

Dan has tweeted that immediately after the MV5 story is done, the next one will be about Grace playing video games again, the NP "should" last 6 weeks (barring any delays or extra stuff Dan thinks of). He hasn't said what game Grace will be playing but this tweet:

I responded back with the guess of Fallout NV (New Vegas) since Dan had been playing a lot of that recently.  This got a like from Dan.

Now, this may not be confirmation that I guessed correctly, it could be just to acknowledge that I know he's been playing that, but it does make me wonder how Grace would handle playing any Fallout game.  I've only played New Vegas and haven't completed it either, but I do know that you can either be the hero type that helps those in need and takes out the bad guys, or you can be a real jerk and steal, kill and double cross for your own gains. We know Grace hates violence, but only when it's real people involved, she's completely fine with movies portraying violence because she knows it's not real and she likes watching the good guys kick arse, so the question is, how would Grace play Fallout? Logically she'd likely play the good guy, but what if she decides to try her hand at being a bad guy for a change, she knows it's just a game, but can she still bring herself to some of the more questionable activities in New Vegas?

If it was Fallout 4, I could only see one thing happening.

Grace: "I can make roasted dogmeat? Why would I want to eat him!?!?"

1 hour ago, Arcanimus said:

For exactly that reason, and well... It's another one of those games.

Nah, FF6 is one of "those games" as is Secret of Mana. Seriously, if you're going to play Chrono Trigger, you need to play FF6 and Secret of Mana as well. :D

Maybe its Legend of Dragoon? 

*shrugs*

It could also just be another "Dan wanted to see this happen in canon, so here's some exposition and hijinks."

13 hours ago, Drachefly said:

I began playing FF7 and was really underwhelmed. It might end up decent.

FF7 is more big for when and how it came out, it was a huge increase in # sold IIRC,  and for allot of people it was their first FF game (my first was FF1, on the NES, followed by 2/4 on the SNES). but in terms of story, it is probably one of the weaker FF games (the only PS1 FF game I would not automatically place over it is FF8 which while prettier also has some story and game play issues I found 9 and Tactics both to be better designed and story wise). Also, the effort required to maximize everything is ridiculous. 

On 3/15/2016 at 6:49 PM, Scotty said:

Dan has tweeted that immediately after the MV5 story is done, the next one will be about Grace playing video games again, the NP "should" last 6 weeks (barring any delays or extra stuff Dan thinks of). He hasn't said what game Grace will be playing but this tweet:

I responded back with the guess of Fallout NV (New Vegas) since Dan had been playing a lot of that recently.  This got a like from Dan.

Now, this may not be confirmation that I guessed correctly, it could be just to acknowledge that I know he's been playing that, but it does make me wonder how Grace would handle playing any Fallout game.  I've only played New Vegas and haven't completed it either, but I do know that you can either be the hero type that helps those in need and takes out the bad guys, or you can be a real jerk and steal, kill and double cross for your own gains. We know Grace hates violence, but only when it's real people involved, she's completely fine with movies portraying violence because she knows it's not real and she likes watching the good guys kick arse, so the question is, how would Grace play Fallout? Logically she'd likely play the good guy, but what if she decides to try her hand at being a bad guy for a change, she knows it's just a game, but can she still bring herself to some of the more questionable activities in New Vegas?

If it was Fallout 4, I could only see one thing happening.

Grace: "I can make roasted dogmeat? Why would I want to eat him!?!?"

What can I say, you were right. Have a cookie

Thanks, but it really wasn't hard to figure out, Dan had been posting lots of Fallout:NV screenshots for days before announcing he was writing up the new NP story about Grace playing video games, so you'd know that particular game would be on his mind. I would imagine if he waited a few days he'd probably be thinking about Pokemon for the NP. ;)

Well now that we know some details about what is now the current NP story, can we start speculating on what the NEXT NP Story may be?

My first guess.

Sensei Greg's Anime Style Martial Arts Dojo is brought under the scrutiny of various sports regulatory bodies when the sex tests for his students at competitions show irregular results.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Well now that we know some details about what is now the current NP story, can we start speculating on what the NEXT NP Story may be?

My first guess.

Sensei Greg's Anime Style Martial Arts Dojo is brought under the scrutiny of various sports regulatory bodies when the sex tests for his students at competitions show irregular results.

That could be amusing, but Greg closed his dojo.

Of course, it could be out-of-canon.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

My first guess.

You know... I'm pretty sure they did do sex tests for competitions at one point, but I'm just as sure they don't anymore. Because intersex.

It'd be funny, but it really doesn't make sense

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

My first guess.

A sex test?

Testing to prove that a competitor is genetically the same sex that they present as. Basically, some people with clout panicked over the idea that transgendered people would try to compete as their self-identified gender instead of their assigned gender, or that a sufficiently competitive male might try to compete as a female in order to take advantage of the less-muscular competition. Gene tests were adopted in order to catch those who have had genital surgery.

Unfortunately for trans and intersexed people, recognition of their rights to be regarded as the sex that they perceive themselves as rather than the sex that others perceive them as are lagging decades behind recognition of homosexual rights. There's still the narrative going around that some men will choose to impersonate women for malicious purposes.

30 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Unfortunately for trans and intersexed people, recognition of their rights to be regarded as the sex that they perceive themselves as rather than the sex that others perceive them as are lagging decades behind recognition of homosexual rights. There's still the narrative going around that some men will choose to impersonate women for malicious purposes.

It is hilarious (read: creepy and disconcerting) how this narrative tends to be propagated by men who clearly give the impression that they think it would be a really cool idea if they could get away with it.

It's also an extension of the "bait and switch" narrative where a heterosexual male becomes attracted to a female but then, after becoming emotionally invested, finds that the object of his attraction has male parts. The revulsion at this notion is thus extended to any hypothetical scenario in which a "woman" turns out to be a "man".