• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Monday, Dec 16, 2019

Rhoda is indeed adorable.

Anyway, it seems that she specifically needs protection during the ritual, as opposed to before and after. This implies that either somebody is expected to try and interfere with the ritual, or else that the ritual itself is dangerous (e.g. a monster/demon might be summoned). Given the general whimsy of this storyline, perhaps a feline demon that turns out to be Catalina?

I had to reread the previous comic to get Susan's reaction in the first panel. It would have made more sense as an extra panel in the previous comic; it's a great punchline.

Based on Twitter conversation, Rhoda's counterpart in Fable is the hero that the player can recruit, but considering the description given of the priestess is more appropriate for Lucy (they called her an "Intimidating mountain of a woman"), this definitely seems to fall under Dan parodying the games and so the hammer wielding hero could either be Rhoda, or someone else.

I guess Dan could be planning a bit of a twist in that Rhoda is normally shy, but can be fierce when fired up.....wait, is that a twist? she's already been shown to be that in canon...hmm maybe that is why Dan chose Rhoda over Lucy.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Based on Twitter conversation, Rhoda's counterpart in Fable is the hero that the player can recruit, but considering the description given of the priestess is more appropriate for Lucy (they called her an "Intimidating mountain of a woman"), this definitely seems to fall under Dan parodying the games and so the hammer wielding hero could either be Rhoda, or someone else.

I guess Dan could be planning a bit of a twist in that Rhoda is normally shy, but can be fierce when fired up.....wait, is that a twist? she's already been shown to be that in canon...hmm maybe that is why Dan chose Rhoda over Lucy.

Lucy is not well defined at this point, Rhoda is.

Yay for starburst (or sunburst with hidden circle) background in panel one! Yay for white-circle-with-a-hazy-edge background in panel three!

...Dan wouldn't go there, particularly in a comedy story, but if Parable was made in Japan, there'd be a fairly good chance it would be impossible for Susan to successfully protect Rhoda, and she'd die or be kidnapped in a cutscene.

17 hours ago, ijuin said:

Rhoda is indeed adorable.

Anyway, it seems that she specifically needs protection during the ritual, as opposed to before and after. This implies that either somebody is expected to try and interfere with the ritual, or else that the ritual itself is dangerous (e.g. a monster/demon might be summoned). Given the general whimsy of this storyline, perhaps a feline demon that turns out to be Catalina?

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Is there someone who actually played that game and can spoil some information about the original ritual Dan is parodying?