• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

NP Monday Dec 23 2019

45 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

One thing about video games is that things that are supposed to involve you won't happen until you get there

While most games wont have quest events happen until you get there, some at least try to simulate npc going about their business even if you're not around.

Fallout 4 is a big example in that you can be off clearing a factory and you'll get the message that a settlement is under attack, you can ignore it and maybe the npcs can defend themselves (if you took the time to give them defenses and weapons/armor) or you can try to go help them.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, mlooney said:
On 12/24/2019 at 3:15 PM, ChronosCat said:

http://egscomics.com/egsnp/parable-048

The fourth wall's wearing a little thin in this one...

It's a video game parody that has a self aware protagonist.  I don't think you can say it has a 4th wall, much less a thin one.

Video games involve player directly controlling the protagonist. The fourth wall must exists between them. If the player doesn't care about maintaining it, it gets full of holes quickly. ... Most don't.

On 12/24/2019 at 5:28 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

One thing about video games is that things that are supposed to involve you won't happen until you get there

This event isn't SUPPOSED to involve her. She wouldn't like to miss it anyway. Although there is still chance they will show her a repeat.

On 12/24/2019 at 0:54 AM, Dan said:

I know that last panel isn't anything close to resembling actual logic

I would say that considering it's not his HEAD doing that thinking, it's as logical as expected.