• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Monday, January 6, 2020

I know that on page with important character development I'm supposed to talk about the character development, but ... first I noticed that their color is off. Both Nanase and Susan's faces are #F0F0F0 like Rhoda, while they were #FFFFFF in previous page (including last panel, which should have the same lightning).

And now to what they talk about: Yes Susan, just because you are introvert with physical contact issue you shouldn't call yourself nut. That's too used in politics.

Also, those students who though she looked cool floating in hallways knew at least little more about her.

6 hours ago, ijuin said:

I think that Nanase might also have realized that she herself has been projecting onto Diane and thus making assumptions about her.

Or possibly that people were doing the same thing about her.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I know that on page with important character development I'm supposed to talk about the character development, but ... first I noticed that their color is off. Both Nanase and Susan's faces are #F0F0F0 like Rhoda, while they were #FFFFFF in previous page (including last panel, which should have the same lightning).

Huh. At first I just assumed they were in a dark corner of the basement, but comparing it to the previous comic, that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe someone turned off a light?

(Obviously, Dan messing up is also a possibility.)

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... didn't Diane started that?

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Or possibly that people were doing the same thing about her.

I might be that Diane had been trying to emulate Nanase the whole time and Nanase might have just realized that, cus from this page it would appear that Nanase had been giving off that "soo coool" vibe longer than Diane had, though, people looked at Diane much differently than they did Nanase, but Nanase already stopped herself from telling Susan that much.

So, I'm thinking that Nanase realized that everyone thought Nanase was cool for superficial reasons, but aside from her friends no one actually valued her for who she is. This may also include (or perhaps lead to on a later page) her realizing that the reason Ashley isn't as impressed by Nanase as Nanase is used to people being is because Ashley isn't so swayed by superficial appearances.

Incidentally, the dark skin tones were a mistake; Dan's corrected them.

11 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Huh. At first I just assumed they were in a dark corner of the basement, but comparing it to the previous comic, that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe someone turned off a light?

(Obviously, Dan messing up is also a possibility.)

Aaaaand based on Dan fixing it the answer is yes it was Dan messing up.

Original image:

1578161176-1904-p-A5-tcabsb.png

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

I might be that Diane had been trying to emulate Nanase the whole time and Nanase might have just realized that, cus from this page it would appear that Nanase had been giving off that "soo coool" vibe longer than Diane had, though, people looked at Diane much differently than they did Nanase, but Nanase already stopped herself from telling Susan that much.

Note that Diane might be doing it subconsciously ... but yes, it's interesting how Nanase dated so many boys - possibly more than Diane - but it doesn't seem people would start saying bad things about HER.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

So, I'm thinking that Nanase realized that everyone thought Nanase was cool for superficial reasons, but aside from her friends no one actually valued her for who she is. This may also include (or perhaps lead to on a later page) her realizing that the reason Ashley isn't as impressed by Nanase as Nanase is used to people being is because Ashley isn't so swayed by superficial appearances.

Definitely not include, but "maybe" on the "lead to on a later page". She's now more likely to realize something about how Diane sees her than how Ashley sees her.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Note that Diane might be doing it subconsciously ... but yes, it's interesting how Nanase dated so many boys - possibly more than Diane - but it doesn't seem people would start saying bad things about HER.

Nanase does have the attribute of being easily able to beat the stuffing out of anybody who pisses her off, so that may contribute to other students being wary of spreading any rumors of the sort that would bring her wrath down upon them.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Nanase does have the attribute of being easily able to beat the stuffing out of anybody who pisses her off, so that may contribute to other students being wary of spreading any rumors of the sort that would bring her wrath down upon them.

WE know that. If the students she was dating knew that too, they already knew her little better than superficially.

... like, not that much better, so maybe it's not that much interesting ... and it would really be enough if just people she was dating knew that ...

... probably doesn't help that Diane likely deliberately played to be more stupid than she is ... I'm sure Nanase never did that ...

... so, like, if Diane really tried to copy Nanase she wasn't so good in it. She probably had another role model she was trying to copy, consciously or not.