• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Story Wed Jan 8 2020

Here is

I'm glad to see Susan losing some of her "I don't like contact with other people".    I've always assumed it was for the same reasons as my issues with personal contact, I understand that it's not really healthy to have it.

31 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm glad to see Susan losing some of her "I don't like contact with other people".    I've always assumed it was for the same reasons as my issues with personal contact, I understand that it's not really healthy to have it.

Yeah, she's working on it.

Also ... she's leaning on wall. She wouldn't do it at the mall.

Note about comment: glaring at the sun is really not recommended. Unless you are one of those people who can make sun blink first.

11 minutes ago, ijuin said:

I figured that Susan's contact issues stem from trauma--especially the betrayal by / loss of her father and also the Paris Vampire incident.

While the Vampire incident definitely didn't helped, I don't think she would be able to avoid therapists if she suddenly had contact issues, no matter how rare they are in EGS.

So, I would blame the father bit. Along with possibly being ace.

Actually  January 9 is Thursday this year.

And now we know where Susan and Nanase are: At the foot of the stairs. Diane had to walk by the couch where Ashley and Grace are being small.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

And now we know where Susan and Nanase are: At the foot of the stairs. Diane had to walk by the couch where Ashley and Grace are being small.

We already knew THAT last Friday. Look at first panel and compare with first panel here.

What we don't know is how others can't hear them.

Just now, mlooney said:

Sarah is someone Susan has hugged before and I still believe that it does get easier to repeat once you gotten over that first obstacle of anxiety, Susan knows Sarah would allow hugs from her. Hugging say....Elliot would present a different set of anxiety obstacles like the fact that Susan is attracted to him and she might be worried about feelings of "Things" invading her mind, most of Susan's hug moments were due to her anxieties being overpowered by other emotions, otherwise she wouldn't just randomly hug someone out of the blue.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She probably knows the Verres keep a clean house, or the fact that a considerably less amount of people would have potentially leaned on that wall compared to walls at the mall, I mean, everyone present at the party minus 1 (Edward) are probably the only people that would have.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Especially since Ashley and Grace are on the couch which is like a 3-4 feet away, unless Nanase and Susan have been whispering this whole time.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's a party

The only way to hear anyone is by being uncomfortably close to the person with whom you are speaking

The music is too loud

And if they are a bunch of Mid-West Nice kids, the song is probably "Louie-Louie" from the Animal House soundtrack because that is what parties are supposed to be like, right?

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It's a party

The only way to hear anyone is by being uncomfortably close to the person with whom you are speaking

The music is too loud

And if they are a bunch of Mid-West Nice kids, the song is probably "Louie-Louie" from the Animal House soundtrack because that is what parties are supposed to be like, right?

This is EGS though, the only party music must be in the form of karaoke. :D

12 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe Dan is thinking more "wallflower" than "irrational fear of yuckiness". 

[Thought of this later."] I think that leaning against the wall opposite the mirrored door leaning on the opposite wall puts Susan as far away as she can get without actually leaving the room. We've sort of seen this fifteen years ago, when Susan, along with Sarah, Elliot, and Tedd sat at the top of the bleachers--next to the wall--for the Monday morning assembly at Moperville North just before Matt Cohen joined the cast to announce that school uniforms were coming.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She probably knows the Verres keep a clean house, or the fact that a considerably less amount of people would have potentially leaned on that wall compared to walls at the mall, I mean, everyone present at the party minus 1 (Edward) are probably the only people that would have.

Logically speaking, yes, wall in Verres house is definitely cleaner than at the mall. However, phobias are not logical to start with, so ...

(But yes, Dan said basically the same thing:

Susan leaning on a wall in Tedd’s house is significantly different to her leaning on one in a more public space. The issue with her is concern of “what might have been on that wall” and the infinite scenarios she can imagine. A wall in someone’s home is generally not the same.

)

8 hours ago, Scotty said:
10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It's a party

The music is too loud

This is EGS though, the only party music must be in the form of karaoke. :D

Yeah, I don't think they have any music playing.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
On 1/9/2020 at 1:21 AM, hkmaly said:

I don't think they have any music playing.

Attributed to Friedrich Nietzsche

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

The Futterwacken?

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Subject lines:

(1) Story Wed Jan 9 2020

(2) Story Friday, January 10, 2020

It has been a really strange week...

Indeed. Most of the posts in this thread were posted on Jan 8. Precogs?

(Or maybe, since Wednesday was the 8th, the thread title is wrong -  or is this a time zone thing? My one daughter lives in NZ, she calls me from the future all the time. :lol:)

47 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Or maybe, since Wednesday was the 8th, the thread title is wrong -  or is this a time zone thing? My one daughter lives in NZ, she calls me from the future all the time. :lol:

Timezones can cause all sort of strange effects, but not THIS strange. Although it IS possible that the person making that thread had already Thursday 9th and just combined it with the fact it was Wednesday comics.

33 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Timezones can cause all sort of strange effects, but not THIS strange. Although it IS possible that the person making that thread had already Thursday 9th and just combined it with the fact it was Wednesday comics.

Or it's possible I mucked up.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:
35 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Or it's possible I mucked up.

Nah, if you mucked up you would just fix it by editing the first post :)

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Nah, if you mucked up you would just fix it by editing the first post :)

Forgot I could do that.  Fixed now.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Forgot I could do that.  Fixed now.

OMG, you altered the timeline! Now the time cops will be after you. ... Who was I responding to?