• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Friday, January 10, 2020

Aaaand Susan FINALLY started to think about therapy.

... sure, it didn't took her long, also the big flaw of her plan - namely, Grace being terrible in keeping secrets - is apparent ... but at least someone acknowledged the possibility.

Also, normally I would say that getting some therapy though Tedd would be super-simple and obvious, but, well, Grace herself apparently didn't get one, so ... maybe they have some shortage of capable experts?

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

I decided to put (Sarah) and (Ashley) in parentheses because they don't actually have any lines--but their presence is important.

I wouldn't bother with parentheses and put them in directly.

There are stories about government therapists...

When the USAF was first testing jet aircraft, or so the story goes, they would have the pilot wear a gorilla mask when he was in a position where he might be seen by flight crews who did not have sufficient clearance

When the bewildered pilot would report in to the control tower that he saw a propellerless plane being piloted by a gorilla, he would be immediately ordered to report to the base Psychiatrist
The Psychiatrist would immediately certify the pilot as insane, and therefore unreliable
After all, gorillas can not pilot planes, and planes can not fly without propellers, everyone knows that

I wonder how many lives and careers were destroyed to keep a "secret" that any high school physics student could understand?

They wouldn't even need Gorilla masks to justify labeling Susan as "incompetent"

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Oops

Yay for bubbly background in panel one!

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... sure, it didn't took her long, also the big flaw of her plan - namely, Grace being terrible in keeping secrets - is apparent ... but at least someone acknowledged the possibility.

Grace hates keeping secrets, but it seems to me she's pretty good at it. Not counting this party (where she clearly wasn't trying) can you think of any times she failed to keep something a secret that was meant to be one?

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There are stories about government therapists...

When the USAF was first testing jet aircraft, or so the story goes, they would have the pilot wear a gorilla mask when he was in a position where he might be seen by flight crews who did not have sufficient clearance

When the bewildered pilot would report in to the control tower that he saw a propellerless plane being piloted by a gorilla, he would be immediately ordered to report to the base Psychiatrist
The Psychiatrist would immediately certify the pilot as insane, and therefore unreliable
After all, gorillas can not pilot planes, and planes can not fly without propellers, everyone knows that

I wonder how many lives and careers were destroyed to keep a "secret" that any high school physics student could understand?

Yeah ... classifying someone as insane can destroy his life just as reliably as a bullet. But government doesn't care.

Although it would be easy to just declare such pilot as overworked and put him on vacation. Also cheaper.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

They wouldn't even need Gorilla masks to justify labeling Susan as "incompetent"

You think so?

I actually think that her fear of being declared delusional is unfounded. In past, sure, but now? Just enter the psychiatrist office with two fairies flying around her (they can hide in her hair in waiting room). Any psychiatrist who don't acknowledge them is likely crazy (or drunk) and therefore unusable. Any psychiatrist who will panics is unusable. However, psychiatrists who asks about them is obviously up-to-date with news and ready to believe in magic - and not so likely to declare her delusional.

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Grace hates keeping secrets, but it seems to me she's pretty good at it. Not counting this party (where she clearly wasn't trying) can you think of any times she failed to keep something a secret that was meant to be one?

Definitely. Like herehere, here and here.

So far, she mostly managed to not tell anyone secret of someone else, true. All those cases it was just her own secret. I still think she wouldn't like to know more secrets she's supposed to keep and might not be best person for that.

... granted, Ashley and/or Elliot would be considerably worse.

10 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

She hates keeping secrets about herself, but she's so far shown that she can be trusted with other people's secrets, and praise from Sarah about it should certainly reinforce Grace's resolve on the matter. I'm more worried about whether any advice from Grace would be helpful, I mean, we know how good she's been for Tedd and she's been helping Ashley adjust. I guess in terms of PTSD related issues, Grace's experience with Damien, being forced to watch people die, the abuse, and going berserk herself, could be relatable to Susan's experience with vampires, so maybe the two could help each other in that regard.