• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Monday, Jan 13, 2020

http://egscomics.com/comic/party-108

I give up, which two panels were drawn too soon? I suppose that the second panel is one of them, but ...

Also, I think that to feel properly gigantic, Diane would need to grow AND everyone else shrink. The growing is not so extreme.

Hmmm ... did Sarah already saw the mall girl? This IS the mall girl, isn't it?

"Mall Girl" had hair that was slightly darker, so it's likely that Elliot is going with blonde this time. But I was more referring to the slightly different hair style--today's has shorter bangs in the front as well as the bits sticking up on the side of the head.

I thought Elliot would choose the mall girl because she created that form at Ashley's request. As far as we know Sarah hasn't seen the mall girl yet, although by now she might have at least seen videos or stills caught by phones at the mall.

And those aren't boots; they are loose socks. The idea is supposed to be to make the thighs look slimmer, I think. To keep them up, some Japanese schoolgirls are supposed to glue them in place. But are they really still fashion in Japan?

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

And those aren't boots; they are loose socks. The idea is supposed to be to make the thighs look slimmer, I think.

Which is another difference: Mall girl socks were not loose.

Also, talking about it, it DOES seem she has wider hips than the mall girl.

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

To keep them up, some Japanese schoolgirls are supposed to glue them in place. But are they really still fashion in Japan?

Does it matter? It's still better than the uniform.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Definitely does have the Mall Girl's...chest.

Well, most of her forms have that size chest.  Even when she tried to look like Sarah, for example.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I give up, which two panels were drawn too soon? I suppose that the second panel is one of them, but ...

I believe by panels, Dan meant the steps in Elliot's transformation, which is technically all in 1 panel, and that there should have been a middle step between the second and third steps. Though compared to the first time Elliot became "Rose" there were technically only 3 steps with the middle step not looking anything like the final result either so...

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, I think that to feel properly gigantic, Diane would need to grow AND everyone else shrink. The growing is not so extreme.

Dan's mentioned that Diane's not interested in transforming herself in any way, she's more into either transforming others or just watching people play with magic in general, it should be too hard for Diane to just say that she'd rather just watch the others transform though.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Dan's mentioned that Diane's not interested in transforming herself in any way, she's more into either transforming others or just watching people play with magic in general, it should be too hard for Diane to just say that she'd rather just watch the others transform though.

So, another way she's like Susan.  She rather just watch.

Yay for outward expanding "parallel" lines of demonstrating scale in panel three... I guess. (Honestly I don't think it looks all that great, even if it is a useful reference.)

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
10 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I believe by panels, Dan meant the steps in Elliot's transformation, which is technically all in 1 panel, and that there should have been a middle step between the second and third steps. Though compared to the first time Elliot became "Rose" there were technically only 3 steps with the middle step not looking anything like the final result either so...

The way I interpret it is: Dan drew panels one and two, then realized that the transformation sequence he had in mind would take up a space equivalent to two rows of panels, so he cut out material that he was intending to put between panel two and the transformation -- hence the relatively abrupt transition between Diane and Justin talking and Elliot's transformation (though it's not too bad; I didn't even notice it was abrupt until I read the commentary).

10 hours ago, ijuin said:

"Mall Girl" had hair that was slightly darker, so it's likely that Elliot is going with blonde this time. But I was more referring to the slightly different hair style--today's has shorter bangs in the front as well as the bits sticking up on the side of the head.

Mall Girl does have slightly shaded hair in So a Date at the Mall, but in her last appearance before this one, in Sister III, she doesn't have that shading, and Elliot specifically said to Tedd (and Grace) that this was the pink-haired girl form he hadn't shown them before.

BTW, I call the pink-haired girl "Nadeshiko". It's the name of a Japanese carnation, also sometimes called a "pink". And it's also the name of a gigantic space battleship captained by a woman with a gigantic... chest.

Just now, mlooney said:

So, another way she's like Susan.  She rather just watch.

Well she's willing to be more active, like how she was getting everyone motivated and such, which makes sense coming from someone who's a cheerleader.

Just now, ChronosCat said:

The way I interpret it is: Dan drew panels one and two, then realized that the transformation sequence he had in mind would take up a space equivalent to two rows of panels, so he cut out material that he was intending to put between panel two and the transformation -- hence the relatively abrupt transition between Diane and Justin talking and Elliot's transformation (though it's not too bad; I didn't even notice it was abrupt until I read the commentary).

It's the " Elliot's transformation abruptness is simply canon now." in the commentary that makes me feel Dan was talking about the steps in the transformation process, cus it doesn't really make sense saying that in regards too going from a view of Diane and Justin to Elliot transforming.

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
12 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Oh.

That actually makes sense.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's the " Elliot's transformation abruptness is simply canon now." in the commentary that makes me feel Dan was talking about the steps in the transformation process, cus it doesn't really make sense saying that in regards too going from a view of Diane and Justin to Elliot transforming.

... I mean, sure, the steps in the transformation are sort of abrupt as well, but I think it makes more sense that Elliot like interrupted others by transforming.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... I mean, sure, the steps in the transformation are sort of abrupt as well, but I think it makes more sense that Elliot like interrupted others by transforming.

Tedd stating "Girlification and shrinking may proceed" does take a lot of the abruptness out of it though, because it has us expecting it before it happens, so Elliot doesn't have to say anything further, just does it.