• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Story Friday, January 17, 2020

Just now, mlooney said:

Does her panic explain why the shrinking spell doesn't seem to be working?

Nope, either it's because in her panic, she forgot to think of what size to make Elliot, or it's something unrelated.

Maybe wand ran out of juice after 3 uses (but then ambient energy should have augmented it), or maybe the shrink spell of the wand isn't stackable with Elliot's transformation for some reason, like enchantments from different sources (TFG, Wand, self, etc) don't mix.

Maybe it's a new magic "not change" thing that Tedd didn't expect because previously, stuff like that had worked.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Nope, either it's because in her panic, she forgot to think of what size to make Elliot, or it's something unrelated.

That narrows it down to any thing in the universe.

Sarah, by your overreaction, you have confirmed to Elliott that you yourself have been the subject of a wardrobe malfunction in Tedd's presence

And now, Jack will trip over the couch when distracted by Chrissy in a bikini while Mr Furley wears a leisure suit that was twenty years out of date when it was brand new

53 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sarah, by your overreaction, you have confirmed to Elliott that you yourself have been the subject of a wardrobe malfunction in Tedd's presence

I'm not sure Elliott would really care about that.

45 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I think at this point, probably not, but I imagine a lot of those incidences were while Sarah and Elliot were still dating, and Sarah might be worried people would get the wrong idea or something.

Though again, at this point, Sarah isn't aware that Nanase and Susan already knows, and I dunno if Nanase would ever tell Ellen (and if so, would Ellen tell Elliot?) but I honestly don't think Ellen would care aside from maybe cursing the fact that she missed it, and Justin likely wouldn't care either unless he gets wondering if any of them were guys at the time.

I dunno if Ashley would be anxious that this would be something to expect from spending time at Tedd's learning magic or relieved that everyone's gotten a "it just happens sometimes" attitude about that sort of thing now.

Based on the fact that Diane's about to spontaneously combust at the idea of Elliot's clothes suddenly reverting a leaving her naked might be an indicator of how she'd feel, though should could still just be focused on it happening to Elliot and could care less about it happening to other people.

So I strongly suspect that the wand not working on Elliot is the fault of the doorknob. In particular, this could tie in with my hypothesis that the doorknob is "locking" people into their forms; Elliot has already done one transformation, so the knob could be preventing not just reverting back, but also any modification of the form.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

So I strongly suspect that the wand not working on Elliot is the fault of the doorknob. In particular, this could tie in with my hypothesis that the doorknob is "locking" people into their forms; Elliot has already done one transformation, so the knob could be preventing not just reverting back, but also any modification of the form.

OK, I can see that, but where did the doorknob come from?  I can't see DGB just giving up a magical item with out having some idea where it was supposed to do.  And I really don't see Edward as the type that would put an unknown magical item in his son's lab/play room.  Plus Ashley got two forms, one being the hair color change and the 2nd being the shrink effect.  Just saying.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

I took it this way; she's unable to focus and project a size because she is distracted. <shug> I guess we'll know soon.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

My own guess is that Elliot can clearly tell that Sarah is trying to cut off the conversation before he hears what is going on, and by now he has enough power (and resistance) to refuse to transform for use as a diversion.

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

Sarah's panic might have something to do with a thing that Tedd let slip to Susan and Nanase a few weeks ago (comic time).

There also might be some water in ocean. :)

13 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, mlooney said:

Maybe wand ran out of juice after 3 uses (but then ambient energy should have augmented it), or maybe the shrink spell of the wand isn't stackable with Elliot's transformation for some reason, like enchantments from different sources (TFG, Wand, self, etc) don't mix.

Maybe it's a new magic "not change" thing that Tedd didn't expect because previously, stuff like that had worked.

Not sure but I hope Tedd will see something, because I'm sure it's surprise for him as well.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:
7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

OK, I can see that, but where did the doorknob come from?  I can't see DGB just giving up a magical item with out having some idea where it was supposed to do.  And I really don't see Edward as the type that would put an unknown magical item in his son's lab/play room.  Plus Ashley got two forms, one being the hair color change and the 2nd being the shrink effect.  Just saying.

It's definitely interesting idea despite not entirely working (also we didn't heard the knob). Alternative idea: the knob prevents one spell working twice - oh wait, shrinking and growing is still single spell, ok, nevermind.

1 hour ago, Haylo said:

My own guess is that Elliot can clearly tell that Sarah is trying to cut off the conversation before he hears what is going on, and by now he has enough power (and resistance) to refuse to transform for use as a diversion.

That would make sense but I think he would be aware of that. Also, it's not like it would really help.

On the other hand, just being suprised MIGHT make him resist instinctively ... it would just not explain the repeated attempts failing as well.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:
10 hours ago, mlooney said:

I think at this point, probably not, but I imagine a lot of those incidences were while Sarah and Elliot were still dating, and Sarah might be worried people would get the wrong idea or something.

Though again, at this point, Sarah isn't aware that Nanase and Susan already knows, and I dunno if Nanase would ever tell Ellen (and if so, would Ellen tell Elliot?) but I honestly don't think Ellen would care aside from maybe cursing the fact that she missed it, and Justin likely wouldn't care either unless he gets wondering if any of them were guys at the time.

I think that Sarah would like to keep it secret so others wouldn't get bad idea and doesn't realize noone would be likely to care. In fact, I suspect that even when Elliot and Sarah were still dating Elliot would just accept the explanation that it was accident.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

I dunno if Ashley would be anxious that this would be something to expect from spending time at Tedd's learning magic or relieved that everyone's gotten a "it just happens sometimes" attitude about that sort of thing now.

Anxious? I think that Ashley would like that.

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think that Sarah would like to keep it secret so others wouldn't get bad idea and doesn't realize noone would be likely to care. In fact, I suspect that even when Elliot and Sarah were still dating Elliot would just accept the explanation that it was accident.

That's what I meant, Sarah'd be embarrassed and expect the worst if others found out, but she doesn't know that some already have and they haven't changed their opinions of Sarah. And yeah Elliot's the type that he'd accept that it was an accident easily.

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She's been kinda flip flopping on how she feels about what she's experienced so far, and while she did fantasize about being shrunk out of her clothes, we've seen how there's definitely a difference between fantasy and actually experiencing it, plus she was worried that people would think she was weird for having those fantasies, though Grace has helped her with getting over that, I don't expect her to be instantly comfortable with accidental nudity in front of people though.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

She's been kinda flip flopping on how she feels about what she's experienced so far, and while she did fantasize about being shrunk out of her clothes, we've seen how there's definitely a difference between fantasy and actually experiencing it,

You call this flip-flopping? THIS is flip-flopping ...

... although thinking about it, we BOTH are probably right. I mean she would feel both.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

plus she was worried that people would think she was weird for having those fantasies, though Grace has helped her with getting over that, I don't expect her to be instantly comfortable with accidental nudity in front of people though

That's so fantastic about accidents. Noone can call you weird if it was obviously accident ... unless you enjoyed it too obviously at least.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... although thinking about it, we BOTH are probably right. I mean she would feel both.

Yeah, Ashley's certainly going through the same "it's cool and fun, but also weird and scary" phase that Sarah went through, Ashley will get used to it and soon her and Sarah will be designing forms together. :D

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That's so fantastic about accidents. Noone can call you weird if it was obviously accident ... unless you enjoyed it too obviously at least.

Ashley was worried about what others would think about her enjoying stuff like that too initially, until she found out the others have similar interests.

18 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'd forgotten about Ashley's hair change. Hmm... The first "click" we were shown didn't happen until Ashley was shrunk; maybe that's when the magic on the doorknob first activated?

Or maybe the doorknob does something different but is still responsible. For instance, someone on Discord suggested it might be draining magic from the room.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, Ashley's certainly going through the same "it's cool and fun, but also weird and scary" phase that Sarah went through, Ashley will get used to it and soon her and Sarah will be designing forms together. :D

I think that difference is Ashley don't see it scary but embarrassing. The other three part are same, though.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Ashley was worried about what others would think about her enjoying stuff like that too initially, until she found out the others have similar interests.

She might still be worried thinks she enjoy are too weird even for them. Hopefully not for long :)

9 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Or maybe the doorknob does something different but is still responsible. For instance, someone on Discord suggested it might be draining magic from the room.

Hmmmmm ....

There are a bunch of magical items left over from old magic systems, that nobody knows what they do. And with the small change in magic, they are now active again.

However, considering the number that were stashed in that window-pane-less warehouse, it's unlikely that one would be stashed in Mr. Verres' home - unless he was studying it, in which case it probably wouldn't be forgotten about so soon.

Also, that looks like a fairly modern door and doorknob. Not old enough to be from a previous magic system.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

There are a bunch of magical items left over from old magic systems, that nobody knows what they do. And with the small change in magic, they are now active again.

However, considering the number that were stashed in that window-pane-less warehouse, it's unlikely that one would be stashed in Mr. Verres' home - unless he was studying it, in which case it probably wouldn't be forgotten about so soon.

Even if the result of study (done before the magic change) would be that it's not doing anything, I don't think he would be keeping it in his house ... assuming he KNOWS about it being magical artifact of course, but if he doesn't it would mean it ended up there randomly.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Also, that looks like a fairly modern door and doorknob. Not old enough to be from a previous magic system.

Well, I don't think rectangular mirror with flat panel of glass coated by metal can be older than year 1600, but, like, it IS possible that artefact from previous magic system somehow became part of more modern door. It's just very unlikely.