• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Wednesday, Jan 22, 2020

Having a bad guy run away to bother the hero's another day is one of the few advantages Computer RPG have over Table Top RPG.  I can't even begin to count the number of times that I've had players chase down villains running away.

47 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Having a bad guy run away to bother the hero's another day is one of the few advantages Computer RPG have over Table Top RPG.  I can't even begin to count the number of times that I've had players chase down villains running away.

If they gave chase it means you sufficiently blocked they long-range attack capabilities.

Now you only need the villain to have good escape vehicle (or, like, flying mount in fantasy settings) to give him enough headstart over players to be able to convincingly claim they lost him.

15 hours ago, mlooney said:

I can't even begin to count the number of times that I've had players chase down villains running away.

That's when the fleeing villain leads the heroes into an ambush

I know that is an ancient plot, but if the players insist on acting like the barbarian horde, let them learn a lesson from the Roman Legion of Doom

19 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I know that is an ancient plot, but if the players insist on acting like the barbarian horde, let them learn a lesson from the Roman Legion of Doom

This has been known to happen, particularity after I get a bunch of players that seem to want to chase down all survivors of a melee.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
On 1/23/2020 at 2:30 AM, mlooney said:

I can't even begin to count the number of times that I've had players chase down villains running away.

Also, the ambush should allow the villain enough time to get away. For case the heroes win that one as well, I mean.

Alternatively, he may slow them down with some traps. Falling ceiling is pretty common.