• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Tom Sewell

Story Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Those puppydogs eyes in panel 2.

Also a little strange that Sarah is shorter than Elliot now, but we know that proportionately Sarah's 4'10" to Elliot's 5' even.

I think it was assumed that Nanase tried out the fairy doll spell a few times before we actually saw her use it. I mean does it sound like she's speaking from experience or just what she deciphered from the spell book?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I think it was assumed that Nanase tried out the fairy doll spell a few times before we actually saw her use it. I mean does it sound like she's speaking from experience or just what she deciphered from the spell book?

Yeah, I think we can assume that.  On the other hand I'm like who ever said "what does that even mean"  because I don't see how, other than possible "cool factor" having on sun glasses would effect your feelings of being that much smaller than normal.

58 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I don't see how, other than possible "cool factor" having on sun glasses would effect your feelings of being that much smaller than normal.

The "Cool Factor" is often more than enough to affect how you feel about what you are doing

A sufficient level of cool is more than enough

23 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I don't see how, other than possible "cool factor" having on sun glasses would effect your feelings of being that much smaller than normal.

The "Cool Factor" is often more than enough to affect how you feel about what you are doing

A sufficient level of cool is more than enough

I'll take your word on this, but I've never felt that cool, but I know I'm not one of the cool kids any way.

Just now, mlooney said:

Yeah, I think we can assume that.  On the other hand I'm like who ever said "what does that even mean"  because I don't see how, other than possible "cool factor" having on sun glasses would effect your feelings of being that much smaller than normal.

Something that was brought up on discord that I didn't consider, can Nanase target herself with the fairy avatar spell? If the requirements for creating a fairy is that it needs to be linked to someone Nanase knows at a location Nanase's been to, then if she had practiced using the spell prior to showing Elliot, Justin and Ellen, then who did she link to? There's her family, but she'd have had to do so without them noticing and then she'd probably have a collection of dolls stashed somewhere if she didn't dispose of them.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

Something that was brought up on discord that I didn't consider, can Nanase target herself with the fairy avatar spell? If the requirements for creating a fairy is that it needs to be linked to someone Nanase knows at a location Nanase's been to, then if she had practiced using the spell prior to showing Elliot, Justin and Ellen, then who did she link to? There's her family, but she'd have had to do so without them noticing and then she'd probably have a collection of dolls stashed somewhere if she didn't dispose of them.

Hmm.  Good point I hadn't though about the need to target a person and it leaving behind doll.

On 01/29/2020 at 1:33 PM, mlooney said:
On 01/29/2020 at 0:13 PM, Scotty said:

Yeah I'm not sure what she meant by that either.

On 01/29/2020 at 3:11 PM, mlooney said:
On 01/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, Scotty said:

Hmm.  Good point I hadn't though about the need to target a person and it leaving behind doll.

Let's think about it again: Nanase was getting mostly hiding spells. She had noone she might want to secretly contact before Ellen ... she knew Susan but based on their phone talk it doesn't seem she would be contacting her often (or would it? Maybe she used to talk to her more often before Susan started to call her slut. Maybe Susan started to call her slut because she tried to talk to her about finding the right man ...).

... the original purpose of fairy doll spell was to spy on her mother.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Let's think about it again: Nanase was getting mostly hiding spells. She had noone she might want to secretly contact before Ellen ... she knew Susan but based on their phone talk it doesn't seem she would be contacting her often (or would it? Maybe she used to talk to her more often before Susan started to call her slut. Maybe Susan started to call her slut because she tried to talk to her about finding the right man ...).

It's also apparent that Nanase hadn't linked a fairy doll to Susan until after Grace's birthday, though hmm, it's possible Susan wasn't the only one to receive fairy dolls that day.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:43 PM, Scotty said:
On 1/31/2020 at 11:37 PM, hkmaly said:

It's also apparent that Nanase hadn't linked a fairy doll to Susan until after Grace's birthday, though hmm, it's possible Susan wasn't the only one to receive fairy dolls that day.

She MIGHT had other fairy doll linked to Susan in past which would get obsolete and stop working.

But yes, seems more likely that she didn't.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

She MIGHT had other fairy doll linked to Susan in past which would get obsolete and stop working.

The question is, how would it stop working? I doubt it'd be a time limit because at the time we first saw Nanase use the fairy doll, her and Susan weren't on good terms yet, the Night Out happened and they started talking, but then Painted Black happened, and then Nanase spent that night in fairy doll at the Dunkel's and the next day recovering still, that would leave 6 days up until Grace's birthday, but I would expect that creating a doll linked to Susan before then would have had a negative response as well since I wouldn't expect them to be on good enough terms for Susan to be OK with it, maybe not as harsh as when Nanase caught Susan getting dressed (which was a couple days after Grace's birthday so like 8 days from Night Out), but I would think that Susan would have made it known to Nanase to not link dolls to her before that moment.

The only way that Nanase would have been able to make a new doll linked the Susan would be if any previous dolls had been destroyed or Nanase was transformed, but 1) the doll made that caught Susan getting dressed only ended up getting tossed in the chest of summonables, not destroyed and if other dolls had been destroyed then that should have been a clue to Nanase that Susan didn't want dolls linked to her. and 2) Nanase hadn't known that being transformed would allow for multiple dolls linked to one person until Grace's birthday, so unless she took the opportunity of being male to make dolls for multiple people instead of just Ellen (which there was no indication of) Nanase wouldn't have had the ability to make another doll linked to Susan that was different that the one we know she made.

On 2/3/2020 at 4:28 AM, Scotty said:

The question is, how would it stop working?

Because Nanase changed enough in those two years.

The idea was that Nanase made the doll shortly after the trip to France and was using it to secretly communicate with Susan until she said something which made Susan's opinion about her go down. Remember that Nanase saved her from vampire ; their relationship on start of comics didn't really matched that.

Note that Nanase seem to SUSPECT changing form would result in new doll.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Because Nanase changed enough in those two years.

The idea was that Nanase made the doll shortly after the trip to France and was using it to secretly communicate with Susan until she said something which made Susan's opinion about her go down. Remember that Nanase saved her from vampire ; their relationship on start of comics didn't really matched that.

You're assuming Nanase got the spell right after being awakened, but I'm retty certain that Nanase had only recently got the fairy avatar spell when she used it to contact Ellen, and she seemed like she was doing so to show off, if she had the spell for longer, it's likely she would have showed Elliot or Ellen or someone before then. It seems like something that would come up during anime style martial arts class, which, considering where she was when we first see her use it...

That theory would have most likely come about either at the time Nanase was told about the party and that she'd be transforming, or shortly after she actually transformed, beyond that it becomes less likely for her to just out of the blue wonder about it.

37 minutes ago, Scotty said:

You're assuming Nanase got the spell right after being awakened, but I'm retty certain that Nanase had only recently got the fairy avatar spell when she used it to contact Ellen, and she seemed like she was doing so to show off, if she had the spell for longer, it's likely she would have showed Elliot or Ellen or someone before then. It seems like something that would come up during anime style martial arts class, which, considering where she was when we first see her use it...

Yes.

It was hypothesis and I said I consider more likely she didn't had any other fairy before.

41 minutes ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That theory would have most likely come about either at the time Nanase was told about the party and that she'd be transforming, or shortly after she actually transformed, beyond that it becomes less likely for her to just out of the blue wonder about it.

The idea that transformation results in new doll is weird one though.

Either something she saw in her spellbook suggested it might be the case, or ... if she already experienced fairy going obsolete it would explain why she would suspect it.
... however, yes, seems more likely that she is really getting those ideas from study of her spellbook than from experiments. It's just that the alternative would also make sense, IF we would find out someone she could link fairy with before Ellen.