• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

Appointment made for getting Explorer, my cat, fixed. Soonest they can do her is Feb 26, which is a little longer than I wanted, but I can live with that.

My cat, Explorer, has the zips this morning.  What is different about her zips than other cats I have had zips is she jumps a lot more than they did.  She runs through the house, making at least one jump per segment of her dash.

48 minutes ago, mlooney said:

My cat, Explorer, has the zips this morning.  What is different about her zips than other cats I have had zips is she jumps a lot more than they did.  She runs through the house, making at least one jump per segment of her dash.

She just did a thunder run through the house that I happened to see. She is jumping when she goes though a door.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

59 minutes ago, mlooney said:

She just did a thunder run through the house that I happened to see. She is jumping when she goes though a door.

She just ran from the bed room into the living room, jumped up on the smaller book case, ran down it, then jumped down into the kitchen. All at about million miles per hour.  Today's run around like crazy mode has lasted longer than normal.  I expect her to drop into sleepy cat mode any time now.

Explorer is back to eating dry food before she eats wet food. In fact she is only eating about half of the wet food serving I give her each morning, but the dry food is gone.

My cat, Explorer, seem to be scared of the noise that the toilet makes when flushed.  Either that or she's just being weird this afternoon.

Explorer the cat has gotten over her barn cat background and no longer starts to scarf down food as soon as it's put down. She takes her time, but does eat it, just not all at once. She might avoid being a chunky cat after all.

Explorer has been fairly calm and quiet this morning, up until I decided to lay back down for a while.  Now she has the kitty zips and is blasting all over the house.  At least she hasn't jumped on my tummy yet.

I must have missed the memo. Instead of a night time dash around the house hour, we get 2 hours of dash around the house time now. Explorer the cat seems to alternate between sitting in the bedroom window and bolting about the house at top speed.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I must have missed the memo. Instead of a night time dash around the house hour, we get 2 hours of dash around the house time now. Explorer the cat seems to alternate between sitting in the bedroom window and bolting about the house at top speed.

No doubt the mice have her running a psychological experiment on you.

32 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

No doubt the mice have her running a psychological experiment on you.

Possible, she does do some odd things.  But on the other hand I haven't seen a mouse in over a year.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:25 PM, mlooney said:

My cat, Explorer, seem to be scared of the noise that the toilet makes when flushed.  Either that or she's just being weird this afternoon.

Yeah she is scared of the flushed toilet.  I've seen a total of 4 bolts away when I flush the toilet now.

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

Possible, she does do some odd things.  But on the other hand I haven't seen a mouse in over a year.

That was a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference.

If the mice are superior beings, then why do they let us kill them so easily? (or else elaborately fake their own deaths with a realistic corpse in order to make us believe that we are killing them easily)

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

If the mice are superior beings, then why do they let us kill them so easily? (or else elaborately fake their own deaths with a realistic corpse in order to make us believe that we are killing them easily)

How do you know they're not?

It's 7:30 in the morning. Know what that means Kids? It's bolt around the house time!

Explorer, my cat, is going nuts, like she does most mornings.

I had a large bag of "Sensitive Systems and Skin" cat food left over from Susan.  A couple of days ago I put down the last of that bag.  Explorer has been eating it, if some what slowly.  I was afraid that she was going to turn up her nose at the bag of Little Friskies when I put that down for her.

Nope.  Got to start paying attention to how much I put down at once again.  She went face first into it and is really going to town.  I'm going to need to just put down a days worth at a time or I'm going to get a chunky cat it seems.

35 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I had a large bag of "Sensitive Systems and Skin" cat food left over from Susan.  A couple of days ago I put down the last of that bag.  Explorer has been eating it, if some what slowly.  I was afraid that she was going to turn up her nose at the bag of Little Friskies when I put that down for her.

Nope.  Got to start paying attention to how much I put down at once again.  She went face first into it and is really going to town.  I'm going to need to just put down a days worth at a time or I'm going to get a chunky cat it seems.

I put down what has been about 3 days worth. Explorer ate about a third of it and then went back to rushing about. Need to watch how much she eats over the next day or two.

13 hours ago, ijuin said:

elaborately fake their own deaths with a realistic corpse in order to make us believe that we are killing them easily

There is nothing fake about it

Earth is the field of conflict for the rodential puppets of our feline overlords

13 hours ago, mlooney said:

There is also risk of overdose.

11.24.16-Food-Coma-Pets24-590x393.jpg