• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

i would say, she's an inside cat so that isn't a possibility, but her being an inside cat is new to her, more or less, and she did spend the early part of her life as a barn cat, so it's possible that she ate the odd bird or mouse.

Birds are definitely odd. Mice I'm not sure about; mostly unrelatable. But if your basis of comparison is a cat, I'm not sure you're making your case. 'The odd cat' would be one that isn't. And then it would disappear in a puff of logic. Damn good thing they're such cute little fur balls.

14 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

'The odd cat' would be one that isn't. And then it would disappear in a puff of logic. Damn good thing they're such cute little fur balls.

Explorer is no more odd than any other cat, less so than some I've had.

Normally Explorer the Cat finds a place to hang out for the day and does just that and finds a new place the next day, making finding her a bit of a challenge some days.  For the last week or so I haven't had much of a problem finding here as she in my underwear box every day.  I suspect this may be her permanent "I'm not in the bed hanging out with The Human right now" place.

DSC_4118.jpg

53 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I suspect this may be her permanent "I'm not in the bed hanging out with The Human right now" place.

As an example, I got back in bed after lunch and am reading the web on my chrome book.  After I got snuggled in, I just said "Kitty Kitty" and she hoped out of the box and came to the bed.  She laid down by my head for a while, then went to get something to eat, the came back and is laying on my knees.

9 minutes ago, mlooney said:

As an example, I got back in bed after lunch and am reading the web on my chrome book.  After I got snuggled in, I just said "Kitty Kitty" and she hoped out of the box and came to the bed.  She laid down by my head for a while, then went to get something to eat, the came back and is laying on my knees.

And now she's back to laying in my right armpit, her favorite not on my knees position. 

48 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

This was a favoured spot for my late cat Moria, too, after her brother passed away. She was a good kitty.

She does have one odd bit about it.  She only really likes to be there if I'm using the chromebook.  If I'm reading a dead tree book she goes for the on my knees spot.

Cat Update

After several days of not house running Explorer the Cat has returned to making long through the house darts and jumps.

Thank you, you may return to social distancing and other activities at this time

I've gone back to bed to read the interwebs on my Chromebook.  Explorer the Cat has decided that this would be a good time to lay across my chest just in front of the computer.  Actually of all the on the body places she could lay, this is about ideal as it does't interfere with using the computer. 

On 3/24/2020 at 9:41 AM, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat has shown no interest in human food. Ham, cheese, milk, fake crab, cheese sauce on pasta, nothing. She sniffs my food but doesn't try to eat any of it and shows no interest after the first sniff. Until today. What made her try a bite of human food? Steel cut Oats. I don't understand why that would be the thing that she went for, but I had to pick up the bowl to keep it away from her. Oddness abounds.

She just literally turned up her nose at carnitas.  If she doesn't want Mexican pulled pork, I don't really need to worry about her getting into my not oatmeal food.  It's not spiced so it can't be that.  She likes kibble, spearmint tea and oat porridge.  She doesn't really like wet cat food.

49 minutes ago, mlooney said:

She just literally turned up her nose at carnitas.

After I ate lunch I went back to bed to read EGS.  EtC has decided to lay by my side instead of across my chest.

On 3/26/2020 at 4:43 PM, mlooney said:

I just got a box from Amazon that had some tea and some powered cream in it. I took the tea and cream out of it and set the box down. Explorer the Cat took control of the box almost as soon as I put it down.

DSC_4121.jpg

"My box."

39 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

"My box."

She's in it right now.  It's almost exactly her height when she is laying down. 

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think the No Bell committee has reserved an award for who ever figures out just what makes cardboard so appealing to cats

It's not just card board boxes, at least with EtC.  Her standard place to hide/sleep/hang out when not with The Human is in my plastic tub of underwear and socks.

Because I'm up and moving around and using the workstation in the living room instead of reading the interwebs on my Chromebook in bed, Explorer the Cat is hanging out in my sock and underwear box. I think that is her more or less permanent place to hang out assuming she isn't hanging out with me in bed. Once I do decide to go to back to reading in bed, all I have to say is a single "kit-kit" and she wakes up, hops out of the box and come straight to me. I'm starting to think that she might think her name is "kit kit" because I use it a lot more around her than "Explorer"

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

Once I do decide to go to back to reading in bed, all I have to say is a single "kit-kit" and she wakes up, hops out of the box and come straight to me. I'm starting to think that she might think her name is "kit kit" because I use it a lot more around her than "Explorer"

And I'm back in bed and called the cat.  She came out as soon as I called her, and she hung around me on the bed for a bit, then went to her new cardboard box then went to get a bite to eat.  She's in the window looking out at the world now.  

I'm in the living room, working on the workstation Godzilla.   Explorer the Cat has had enough of running around and because I'm not in the comfy bed has take up her normal daytime sleeping area, on top of my socks and undies.

DSC_4123.jpg

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm in the living room, working on the workstation Godzilla.   Explorer the Cat has had enough of running around and because I'm not in the comfy bed has take up her normal daytime sleeping area, on top of my socks and undies.

She looks like a very contented little kitty. :)

32 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

She looks like a very contented little kitty. :)

She is at that.  Of course when I leave the living room in the afternoon she ends up in bed with me.  Either in my armpit or laying on my knees/feet, which is where she is right now.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

That sounds a lot like my cat, who tends to lie down on top of my stomach (I sleep flat on my back usually). When he sees me asleep he will often join me in this manner.

Explorer the Cat will sometime sleep on my ribs if I'm sleeping on my side.  She some times sleeps on my belly when I'm flat on my back, but most of the time she is either on my knees or beside me.

Our cat Loudmouth has begun sneezing. He's still eating and drinking  and doesn't feel like he's running a fever, so we're not sure what the deal is. Mrs. Prof wants to give it another day - she deals with sick cats all the time - before we stress him out further by shoving him in a carrier (he hates the carrier (he hates being picked up)) and driving him to the doctor.