• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

7 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Our cat Loudmouth has begun sneezing.

Here is hoping that it's just allergies or some equally not dangerous.

Explorer the cat, after she got out of the window and ate breakfast has decided that it's desktop time. She's either been in front of the keyboard or sitting on top of Godzilla, my workstation. No photos right now because I'm recharging my camera's battery.

DSC_4131.jpg

When I got home from getting my drugs, I went looking for Explorer the Cat. She wasn't in any of her 3 boxes, wasn't on the desk or bookcase, and she wasn't in any window. I almost started to panic until I happened to look in the bed. She almost never takes a nap in bed unless I'm there.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

DSC_4131.jpg

When I got home from getting my drugs, I went looking for Explorer the Cat. She wasn't in any of her 3 boxes, wasn't on the desk or bookcase, and she wasn't in any window. I almost started to panic until I happened to look in the bed. She almost never takes a nap in bed unless I'm there.

She was missing you.

Over the last week of so, I've been spending more time in bed than at my desk.  I'm awake and reading, but not where I should be.  EtC has taken to waiting for me to settle in, then climbs into the space between my body and my elbow and curls up in a little cat ball.   

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Over the last week of so, I've been spending more time in bed than at my desk.  I'm awake and reading, but not where I should be.  EtC has taken to waiting for me to settle in, then climbs into the space between my body and my elbow and curls up in a little cat ball.   

She is a good little kitty and knows where to be to show her love for her daddy.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-cats-do-the-slow-blink-at-their-owners?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I love the last lines:

Cats, capricious as they may be, never run out of ways to show humans they actually care about us. Though their definition of love vaguely translates to “I don’t wish to murder you at this particular moment,” it’s love nonetheless.

22 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Pictures of Explorer the Cat make me live. They are a bright spot in an otherwise depressing and frightening time.

Pets bring much-needed cheer into our lives.

24 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I put some catnip in Explorer the Cat's smaller box.   First time she has had it, to the best of my knowledge.   She went nuts and is still rolling around in the box. 

She's over the rolling around stage and is now on the bed next to me and purring louder than I have heard her purr before.

Baker, one of our cats, has not adapted well to the sounds of renovation construction going on in our home. He's taken to crawling under the covers of our bed in the master bedroom - both sheets and comforter - and hiding from it all. Our other cat, Loudmouth, is equally stressed out, but I believe he's just hiding under the bed itself like he usually does.

The end is not yet in sight. We've got floor replacement beginning on Monday, which should last about 3 days. I wish there was an easy (emphasis on "easy") way to give both of them an anti-anxiety medication.

48 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Baker, one of our cats, has not adapted well to the sounds of renovation construction going on in our home. He's taken to crawling under the covers of our bed in the master bedroom - both sheets and comforter - and hiding from it all. Our other cat, Loudmouth, is equally stressed out, but I believe he's just hiding under the bed itself like he usually does.

The end is not yet in sight. We've got floor replacement beginning on Monday, which should last about 3 days. I wish there was an easy (emphasis on "easy") way to give both of them an anti-anxiety medication.

Oh that sucks.  That is one thing I sorta wish cats were more dog like, it's easy to give a dog a pill, just put it in some snack food for the dog and he takes it right away.  Cats, not so much.