• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

I put some catnip down for EtC but she isn't going for it much.  Will wait and see how it goes later this afternoon.   She might be one of those cats that don't like catnip, but she seemed to be into earlier this week.

Some cats like catnip but only occasionally. We had a cat that would ignore a catnip mouse for weeks, then one day for no apparent reason go hog wild on the stuff, then go back to ignoring it.

16 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Some cats like catnip but only occasionally. We had a cat that would ignore a catnip mouse for weeks, then one day for no apparent reason go hog wild on the stuff, then go back to ignoring it.

I suspect that is the case with Explorer.   She has sniffed at it a bit this afternoon, but has spent most of the day next to me or on Godzilla.

Explorer the Cat taking a break from running around in the kitchen.  She bolted out of there about 30 seconds after this photo was taken.  And yes, I have a bike in the kitchen. Where else would I keep it?

DSC_4188.jpg

Explorer the Cat got into her smaller box and rubbed her face on the edges a little more than normal this afternoon and evening but never did the flop and roll around thing she did the first time I put the catnip down.  She spent most of the day in her larger box when she wasn't eating or hanging out in the window.  She next to me right now and seems to be sleeping.

I'm going to wait a week or so before I put any more catnip down to see how she deals with it not quite so close together in time.

For your daily Explorer the Cat.  Here she is turning around on the bookcase getting ready to return to the desk because it's time to bother The Human.

DSC_4201.jpg

Human, you don't need to type right now.  Wait until I decided to go eat some kibble

DSC_4203.jpg

I went out for a walk, to buy some stuff I needed, and was gone for about an hour.  When I left Explorer the Cat was in her bigger box, taking a nap.  When I got back she was in the bed.  That's twice I've left for about an hour or two and come back to find her in the bed.

DSC_4212.jpg

19 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I went out for a walk, to buy some stuff I needed, and was gone for about an hour.  When I left Explorer the Cat was in her bigger box, taking a nap.  When I got back she was in the bed.  That's twice I've left for about an hour or two and come back to find her in the bed.

And once I was back in the house, but not in the bedroom, she got up and sorta followed me around, spending time in the living room where I was.  For an ex barn cat she is remarkably socialized to me.

17 minutes ago, mlooney said:

And once I was back in the house, but not in the bedroom, she got up and sorta followed me around, spending time in the living room where I was.  For an ex barn cat she is remarkably socialized to me.

I  just walked back into the bedroom.  EtC bolted past me to jump on the bed and is currently on my belly between me and the computer.  This cat is attached to me. 

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

When Papa is gone, the logical place to go is to a place that offers as much as possible of his comforting scent.

Explorer the Cat acting atypically and hanging out on the floor not in a box or in a window.DSC_4213.jpg

EtC checking out the wall.  Not sure what she sees there, but she sees something.

DSC_4219.jpg

As I have worked my way through the underwear and socks in the box, Explorer the Cat has used the box less and less.  Currently using the carry bag in the closet as her hang out place.  Of course this could just be her change her place for the week thing she does.