• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

She is a good kitty who is concerned for Daddy's health. She obviously believes that you shouldn't push yourself too hard and that you need more rest. Together with her.

Well, given that I don't actually sleep for most of the afternoon, it's more be with her and less about getting rest.

Just now, mlooney said:

Well, given that I don't actually sleep for most of the afternoon, it's more be with her and less about getting rest.

Clearly she also believes that not taking an afternoon nap is a human foible that they need to unlearn.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Clearly she also believes that not taking an afternoon nap is a human foible that they need to unlearn.

Could be, but she does like getting random pettings during the afternoon.

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

This is almost the Explorer the Cat thread now ^_^

Well, I did start it so I had a place to put EtC posts and pictures, leaving "Things that make you happy" for other uses.  That being said, anyone can, neigh, should post stories and pictures about there pets. 

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat doing a little eating breakfast before she decides on today activities.

DSC_4275.jpg

Is the thing that looks like an igloo a house for her? Does she use it?

On 4/15/2020 at 9:44 AM, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat in her New Bigger Box!  This is what I woke up to this morning.  The big box is located at the foot of my bed. She stayed there just long enough for me to get my camera and take this photo.

DSC_4259.jpg

She is a particularly photogenic kitty. Good eye contact, and she doesn't blink from the flash.

On 4/16/2020 at 8:16 AM, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat just sitting around, being cool.  Might do some house running, might just take a nap.

DSC_4270.jpg

I haz buks. I am smert kity.

20 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Is the thing that looks like an igloo a house for her? Does she use it?

Not as much as Susan did, but sometimes she takes a short nap in it.

19 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

She is a particularly photogenic kitty. Good eye contact, and she doesn't blink from the flash.

My camera has a pre flash feature that helps with that.

15 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I haz buks. I am smert kity.

She does like hanging on the bookcase that for sure.

I went back to bed after being up for a few hours, mainly to read and watch videos.  Explorer the Cat climbed onto my chest and is laying between me and the computer on my lap.  She's purring very loudly and is in general being A Very Good Cat.

Explorer the Cat has spent the whole afternoon and evening ,other than a potty break and a eating break, both less than 10 minutes long,  in bed with me today.  Sometimes at my feet, sometimes in my armpit, sometimes laying across my chest, but in all cases in contact with me.  I think it's safe to say that she has completely thrown off her barn cat background and is totally socialized to at least me.

I'm back in bed, mainly due to the fact that I had the heater off last night and it got cold in the house, so being under covers made sense.  Explorer the Cat has joined me, curled up in a ball at my side, acting like a furry hot water bottle.  I think she might be cold as well as she is staying closer than normal today.

The house has warmed up and Explorer the Cat is now hanging out just off the bed, sometimes climbing back on it and laying down on the foot of it.  She must not be cold any more.

I just had a first, a non thunderstorm freak out by Explorer the Cat.  A truck backfired right out side my house and made a loud gear change noise.   EtC jumped straight up and fluffed out in a way I haven't seen her do before.  After a minute of so she calmed down and is back to laying on the foot of the bed, but she definitely freaked out for a bit.