• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat doing a little cleaning before taking a nap with The Human

DSC_4496.jpg

She's doing a good job. Pushed quite a bit off the napitation area already.

Does she take human naps?

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

She's doing a good job. Pushed quite a bit off the napitation area already.

Does she take human naps?

She takes naps with a human if that counts.

Mrs. Prof's quarantine cat is turning out to be a real talker - as in an all-night talker. As in a "won't shut the fsck up all night long" talker. Incessant "meow meow meow meow meow" coming from the kennel starting at around 9pm and ending ... well, I'm not sure. I eventually crash due to exhaustion from listening to the little bastard. And he's a Jonny One-Note, too. Can't seem to meow at any pitch other than one single frequency. No, that's not fair - he does a pitch bend from a low note up a few steps, but it's the same start and stop notes every time.

We'll both be relieved once he's out of here.

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Mrs. Prof's quarantine cat is turning out to be a real talker - as in an all-night talker. As in a "won't shut the fsck up all night long" talker. Incessant "meow meow meow meow meow" coming from the kennel starting at around 9pm and ending ... well, I'm not sure. I eventually crash due to exhaustion from listening to the little bastard. And he's a Jonny One-Note, too. Can't seem to meow at any pitch other than one single frequency. No, that's not fair - he does a pitch bend from a low note up a few steps, but it's the same start and stop notes every time.

We'll both be relieved once he's out of here.

Poor kitty.

Mrs. Prof changed the radio station (which has been playing 24/7 on low volume in the cat quarantine room) from JackFM to Classical. Here's hoping this calms him ("Boots") down somewhat.

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Mrs. Prof changed the radio station (which has been playing 24/7 on low volume in the cat quarantine room) from JackFM to Classical. Here's hoping this calms him ("Boots") down somewhat.

Classical piano music was my cat Susan's music of choice.

Explorer the Cat has spent the last 4 hours in my right armpit.  I love her but my arm is starting to go sore from the angle I have to keep it at when she is there. 

I wonder about Explorer some times.  I just made a dinner plate of fake crab and cocktail sauce and had a black cherry soda made with real sugar to drink with it.  So, which one do you think EtC paid the most attention to? 

That's right the soda.

She is a weird cat at times.

51 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I wonder about Explorer some times.  I just made a dinner plate of fake crab and cocktail sauce and had a black cherry soda made with real sugar to drink with it.  So, which one do you think EtC paid the most attention to? 

That's right the soda.

Look, it's obvious. She sneered at the FAKE crab and approved of the real sugar. She ain't no stupid cat, it's the real thing or bust.

2 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Look, it's obvious. She sneered at the FAKE crab and approved of the real sugar. She ain't no stupid cat, it's the real thing or bust.

Good point.  However the only human food she as even taken a little bite of is cooks in 5 minutes steel cut oats, which is, more or less, fake oatmeal.  I mean it's not totally fake, but compared to real takes an hour to make in a rice maker oats it's a bit lacking.

2 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

So you're saying she's sometimes NOT weird? And yet she's a cat?

Well, not weird by cat standards any way.

My kitty found a nest of mice today and managed to kill them without actually shedding any of their blood--apparently he killed them by choking them or via blunt impact rather than biting through their skin. He didn't seem interested in eating them, though--he just wanted to show off to his humans that he caught them. He got much praise and pats and some kitty treats for his trouble.

52 minutes ago, ijuin said:

My kitty found a nest of mice today and managed to kill them without actually shedding any of their blood--apparently he killed them by choking them or via blunt impact rather than biting through their skin. He didn't seem interested in eating them, though--he just wanted to show off to his humans that he caught them. He got much praise and pats and some kitty treats for his trouble.

I wonder if cats think mice are Human Treats.

20 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Maybe. I didn't show any sign that I wanted to eat them, but he was happy nonetheless, and he was pleased that I seemed pleased at his having caught them. I think he wanted to show off his skill as a hunter. It's not really the cats' fault that humans have a different idea of what is good to eat--when cats bring you their prey, they're trying to share their catch, the same as if you had brought home fried chicken and shared with them.

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

My kitty found a nest of mice today and managed to kill them without actually shedding any of their blood--apparently he killed them by choking them or via blunt impact rather than biting through their skin.

Your cat is an old school D&D cleric.

6 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The most mouse hunting cat I ever had, Keenii, used to get VERY cross with me when I took them away from her.  She would show me that she caught a mouse, then run down the hallway to eat it.  I was worried about her getting worms or other nastiness from the mouse so I would take them from her and flush them.  She was most put out when I would do that.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

That's one of those logic paradoxes, right? If she's a cat and she's normal, she weird, so she normal, but then she's weird, ...