• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

We have another cat in the sewing room. Not under quarantine this time, and not such a talker. It's a female that was raising a litter of kittens that Mrs. Prof trapped and sent off for foster at another home (they're almost old enough for TNR treatment, but they won't be returned to the wild - they'll be neutered and adopted out). The female is *definitely* not feral. We've already both stuck our hands into the kennel and given it scratchies on the head and neck. It purred loudly in response. It won't come out of the carrier "cave" in the kennel far enough for full interaction with me, but I think Mrs. Prof has made further progress with it. I just have to get it used to the big, scary, hairy guy before I can make the same breakthrough.

7 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

We have another cat in the sewing room. Not under quarantine this time, and not such a talker. It's a female that was raising a litter of kittens that Mrs. Prof trapped and sent off for foster at another home (they're almost old enough for TNR treatment, but they won't be returned to the wild - they'll be neutered and adopted out). The female is *definitely* not feral. We've already both stuck our hands into the kennel and given it scratchies on the head and neck. It purred loudly in response. It won't come out of the carrier "cave" in the kennel far enough for full interaction with me, but I think Mrs. Prof has made further progress with it. I just have to get it used to the big, scary, hairy guy before I can make the same breakthrough.

Good luck with her.

Explorer the Cat spent most of her not running around time this morning in the Cat Cave.  For reasons, I decided to read the internet in bed today so I went back to the bedroom.  I didn't call EtC once I was in bed, but she showed up any way,.  She's currently laying on my chest and purring.   This is the most attached to her human cat I've had in decades. 

4 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As often as EtC is described as "Meatloaf" it makes me wonder if there are cat-shaped loaf pans available

A Cat-Loaf (made of domesticated meat, of course) would either be fun or creepy

A fast google finds this: https://www.michaels.com/default/10184317.html

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That is very far on the creepy side of the scale

Of course, there is only one version of that horror which I have ever found acceptable

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/570/972/ff6.jpg

It says something about me that I sorta expected that image.
Of course some one could not leave it at the cover art..

lrf5l2bc1il31.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As often as EtC is described as "Meatloaf" it makes me wonder if there are cat-shaped loaf pans available

A Cat-Loaf (made of domesticated meat, of course) would either be fun or creepy

Or any rock albums by really hairy cats ....

On 5/14/2020 at 3:45 AM, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat doing her meatloaf thing in the bedroom. 

DSC_4599.jpg

Here you see the catmeleon changing it's color to match its environment ....

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

We had a Pink Panther one ages ago. Wilton pans are (were?) thick aluminum, and hold up well; if you wanted one, I bet eBay has a few every now and then.

So I Googled, and there's more than one style. We had this one, now retired.

54 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Here you see the catmeleon changing it's color to match its environment ....

Her color pattern does seem to be optimised for cheap carpet. 

Explorer the Cat has spent more time on my living room table today than is normal.  She still doesn't knock things off of it, which I understand is a violation of some Cat Code or something.

DSC_4656.jpg