• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

I went out for breakfast with my brother, was gone about an hour.  Explorer the Cat was in full on "I missed you" mode when I got home.  She has been on my shoulder purring ever since I got back in bed to read.

Mrs. Prof's foster cat project in the sewing room is coming along nicely. With Mrs. Prof out taking care of TNR trapping tonight, I'm home with only cats for company, so I thought I'd go in and pay Crystal (the foster cat) a visit - my first solo visit to her.

To my surprise, she did not freak out and run off to hide. She was on a platform of a cat tree, and all she did was look up at me as I walked toward her. When I reached her, I easily began petting her. She leaned into it and, for lack of a better phrase, started enjoying the hell out of it. I gave her pets and scratches and rubs for a solid 10 minutes. She ate it all up. The only thing she wasn't a fan of was tummy rubs, so I took that off the buffet line rather quickly.

She was willing to go for more beyond the 10 minutes I was in there, but my back was having no more of it. Fortunately, she didn't complain when I left. She just sort of rolled and purred.

Interesting encounter.

2 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Mrs. Prof's foster cat project in the sewing room is coming along nicely. With Mrs. Prof out taking care of TNR trapping tonight, I'm home with only cats for company, so I thought I'd go in and pay Crystal (the foster cat) a visit - my first solo visit to her.

To my surprise, she did not freak out and run off to hide. She was on a platform of a cat tree, and all she did was look up at me as I walked toward her. When I reached her, I easily began petting her. She leaned into it and, for lack of a better phrase, started enjoying the hell out of it. I gave her pets and scratches and rubs for a solid 10 minutes. She ate it all up. The only thing she wasn't a fan of was tummy rubs, so I took that off the buffet line rather quickly.

She was willing to go for more beyond the 10 minutes I was in there, but my back was having no more of it. Fortunately, she didn't complain when I left. She just sort of rolled and purred.

Interesting encounter.

How long are you going to be fostering Crystal?

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat on The Human's messy craft table in the living room.

DSC_4692.jpg

Ef ah wins yer mouses armee, I can eets 'em?

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Ef ah wins yer mouses armee, I can eets 'em?

Not letting Explorer the Cat eat plastic or soft metal, so no, you can not has eets.

25 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Not letting Explorer the Cat eat plastic or soft metal, so no, you can not has eets.

Yer mouses waz 2 crunchish.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

51 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Yer mouses waz 2 crunchish.

Still not letting you eat plastic or metal.

I have been working on project X today.  Just about 30 minutes ago Explorer jumped up on the desk turned around then jumped off and headed to the bedroom. She was telling me that it was time to stop working and hang out with her.

A little something Mrs. Prof typed up about our current foster cat:

"I was a teen Mom."

If Crystal could talk, I am sure that is one of the first things she would say. We can tell you she was also a FANTASTIC teen mom, especially given her circumstances. First, she had to have been someone's pet. Crystal is low key, affectionate and has quite a purr box. Somehow, she became dislocated from her home and had to learn how to raise four fluff balls on her own. Crystal had good instincts and found a very safe place to raise her kittens. She found protection from the elements and protection from predators. Where she placed her kittens was like the Fort Knox of kitten day care. Crystal could scale the walls to get out and hunt while the kittens stayed safe and couldn't wander off. Her downfall? She was caught on camera entering this protected area and, when the homeowner went to check what was going on, Crystal unleashed protective mother mode, scaring the homeowner half to death! Little did the homeowner know that she walked into a kitten nursery. Couple this with the fact that the homeowner had a phobia of animals, and Crystal HAD to go.

The Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) program was called in to assess the situation. When Crystal was trapped, a 6 - 7 week old surprise was also in the trap with her. Subsequent traps caught a big male tom cat (definitely no one's pet) and another kitten. While Crystal was off being fixed, an additional kitten was found and recovered. With each kitten found, it seemed that Crystal relaxed a little more and started to show her trapper that she was NOT feral. Those few days of recovery in the trap had the trapper treating Crystal with respect. Unlike other cats who are too stressed to eat in a trap, Crystal gladly cleaned her bowls. With each meal that passed, you could actually see health changes occurring, for the better. Since the four kittens that Crystal protected and raised were sent to a foster home (they are absolutely adorable and VERY healthy), the trapper decided to give Crystal a chance. Yes, Crystal deserves a permanent home and lots of love, so the trapper became one of Crystal's fosters.

Crystal is between 8 and 11 months old. She is a very petite cat, weighing in at just under 7 pounds. She is very sleek and slim in profile and LOVES head rubs and cheek scratches. Crystal has obviously been on her own for a while so she still has a wariness about humans. She is not yet a lap cat, but each day finds her warming up to her fosters more and more. Crystal has been introduced to and has access to cat toys, but she seems to enjoy just lounging on the cat tree or being sprawled out under a desk shelf more. Walk into the room with Crystal and it may take a minute or two for her to come check you out, but when you eventually do pet her soft fur, you are often rewarded with head butts and purrs for "more."

Crystal has been fostered in a home that has other cats, but she has not been intermixed with them, so it is not known if she would get along with other cats. Her litter box habits are fantastic and she really enjoys getting 3 meals a day of wet food (yes, the fosters are trying to put a little meat on those bones). Crystal only occasionally meows and is mostly content lounging by herself, but she welcomes pets and will reward you with making tons of biscuits! She is very observant of her surroundings and does a lot of window watching of the neighbors.

Crystal needs the perfect home that will let her blossom into that perfect cat that we know she can be. Do you have the perfect and permanent home for her?