• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

Explorer the Cat marking the larger box against some hypothetical other cat in the house "This box is mine!" - Explorer the Cat

dsc_6469.jpg 

58 minutes ago, mlooney said:

about to pounce on The Human

I haven't shared a house with a cat since I was a small child so I'm not really sure

Would a cat even know what to do with a human if the cat caught one?  Or is it like a dog chasing a car?

37 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Would a cat even know what to do with a human if the cat caught one? 

Explorer, at least, just jumps out of the box, bats my foot a couple of times then runs off.  More "I could take you down, but I'm not doing it today."  She often just jumps out and gets close to my foot instead of batting it.

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

It might be a bit warm in the house right now

When will HVAC installers include Feline-Accessible/Operable thermostats as standard equipment?

But then again, what am I saying?

Even if they could reach and set the thermostat, cats would continue to simply stare at their humans until said humans realize that the cat finds the climate too hot or cold or dry or humid or comfortable

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Even if they could reach and set the thermostat, cats would continue to simply stare at their humans until said humans realize that the cat finds the climate too hot or cold or dry or humid or comfortable

So far, Explorer seems to like, or at least tolerate more or less the same temperatures as I do.  She does tend to just lay about when it's 75 in the house, but she does that when it's cooler as well.

We keep it around 77 in our house, and I find it too cold for my taste most of the time (Mrs. Prof finds it either just right or too warm). Our three cats do not complain one way or the other.

A somewhat grumpy looking Explorer the Cat on the long bookshelf.  The Human was spending more time in the living room this morning so she decided to hang out there for a while.

dsc_6502.jpg

Explorer the Cat sits in the big bedroom box, waiting on The Human to do something interesting, for values of interesting that include going into the kitchen to make tea.

dsc_6508.jpg

Explorer the Cat on one of the living room straight backed chairs.  The Human needs to find a better place for them.

dsc_6516.jpg

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Explorer the Cat on one of the living room straight backed chairs.  The Human needs to find a better place for them

The chair is conveniently under the cat

What better place could there be for anything?

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The chair is conveniently under the cat

What better place could there be for anything?

Well, when it isn't under the cat it's in the middle of the room.

Explorer the Cat in her never ending quest to trick The Human into rubbing her belly.  Granted the last couple of time he did so, Explorer didn't really draw any blood.

dsc_6520.jpg