• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:55 AM, mlooney said:

If your server is set up to be a publicly visible web server that should be all that you need to do.

That's the part I could use some help with. I'd like to set up one of my sub-directories to be publicly visible, at least by 910cmx.com. Any advice?

20 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

That's the part I could use some help with. I'd like to set up one of my sub-directories to be publicly visible, at least by 910cmx.com. Any advice?

I recommend against it. Instead check out cloud-storage sites and blog sites (preferably free ones) to verify that you can show stuff (pics, I presume) from there on other sites.

Here, I'll check Wordpress.com for you. My opinion of the Twilight series:

real-sparkles1.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

If you see a picture there, Wordpress works.

To make YOUR server visible, you have to acquire a fixed IP address, which probably will cost extra, and configure one or more proxy servers slash firewalls to permit random unsolicited incoming traffic to the appropriate port and route that traffic to the real IP address of your server.

"The Human seem to be using the big butt warmer more than he was.  He's even boxed up the not-a-butt warmer.  Still not liking this 'Great Move' thing" - Explorer the Cat

dsc_6749.jpg

Most likely no pictures of Explorer the Cat until I get moved and have internet again.  Might be able to use the library's wifi but I'm not sure if I can upload to my web server while I don't have access to my linux boxes.  Might try using FTP from the laptop.  

My camera is packed to this is the start of Explorer Free Days. Hopefully I will be able to use the Library's WIFI to post pictures of her so EFDs shouldn't be more than a few days.

Explorer Free Days didn't last as long as I thought they would.  It's a pain using the laptop, but it works!

This is Explorer the Cat hiding from the world between the bed and the wall.  Once she gets out of there I'll be moving the bed so she can't do that anymore.  Maybe.

DSC_6755.JPG

20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

When she sees the Cat-Signal does she slide down the Cat-Pole to the Cat-Mobile?

More importantly, is she a filthy rich philanthropist?

Not that I know of, on any counts.

"The Human hasn't put any thing on top of the tall book case, plus there are books I can climb up to the top.  Gonna get here until it's not really possible any more." - Explorer the Cat

DSC_6760.JPG

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I can see the Explorer pics normally

However I am finding it difficult to see any pics mloony has posted that do not include a cat

Given that I don't recall any pics with out Explorer in them that may explain why. 
Hold on. 

Let me check something

OT14x03_notransp.png

Can you see the great web of shipping?