• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Cats, Dogs, Other pets.

19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So every day is Thanksgiving to Cats?

Well, Explorer doesn't really like human food,  so turkey is Right Out, but aside from that, yeah, pretty much.

"Did my running while The Human was getting he boring tea made.  Gonna rest on my favorite box for a while.  Then take a nap or lay on The Human.  He seems to like that.  Need to eat something this morning as well."

dsc_6967.jpg

Last year, my dad got my mom mom a cat for Christmas, a cute little calico that Mom named Nutmeg - we basically call her Meggie (or sweetie, darling, or occasionally "you little shit!"). 

In the first couple months, I liked to kiss her on the nose, but she wasn't too fond of it. Eventually, I mostly settled on booping her instead - a light tap or poke on the nose.

Last night, I had my hand on the corner of the foot of mom's bed. Meggie put a forepaw on the corner of the mattress, pulled herself up, and bumped her nose on my finger.

Ah, that's sweet.  Explorer "boops" my my nose almost every night. With her head.  The only time she head butts me, and the only place, is when I'm in bed and on my nose.

56 minutes ago, mlooney said:

"Anybody want a counter top clothes washer?" - Explorer the Cat

What kind of clothes do counter tops wear?

How often do counter tops need to wash their clothes?

And why can't counter tops do their laundry in the same machines humans use?

"This might be my new favorite place to hang out with The Human, when I'm not helping him with the butt-warmer of getting in his lap/acroos his chest.  Nice and comfy.  He better not take the black comfy stuff off it!" - Explorer the Cat.
dsc_6978.jpg

"The Human seems to have gotten more sleep.  I'll hang out in here for a while and watch what he does with the new thing in small box.  Box is too small to fit in.  I'm not happy about that" - Explorer the Cat.
dsc_6981.jpg

"The Human needs to clear off the table some day.  Until then I can hide behind the monitors that aren't in use yet." - Explorer the Cat.
dsc_6982.jpg

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

"The Human says he needs something called 'Cable Management'  Doesn't sound fun to me." - Explorer the Cat.

My cat loves to bat at cables, so I can see why yours would not want them to be all bundled together out of the way.

1 minute ago, ijuin said:

My cat loves to bat at cables, so I can see why yours would not want them to be all bundled together out of the way.

She doesn't so much as bat at them but likes to hide behind the ones going from the floor up to the desk.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

"The Human says he needs something called 'Cable Management'  Doesn't sound fun to me." - Explorer the Cat.

Having dealt with too many "Service" personnel from various cable systems, I do not want to deal with their managers

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

My cat Baker loves to *bite* the cables leading to the power bricks for my UberLaptop. He gets scolded every time, before he electrocutes himself. He must picture himself a shark, going after one of the early Transatlantic Cables.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

She doesn't so much as bat at them but likes to hide behind the ones going from the floor up to the desk.

Not an effective way of hiding.